Trevon Diggs trying to get his brother in Dallas

78thealltimegreat

3 minutes ago, julian said:

If Diggs wants out so be it, don’t need any players who don’t wanna be in Buffalo.

There is nothing in that video that indicates that Stef wants out. Wasn’t Stef just on a radio show yesterday talking about how he thinks the Bills can win the SB next year? His brother just wants to play with him. He’s been saying this since last year. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

There is nothing in that video that indicates that Stef wants out. Wasn’t Stef just on a radio show yesterday talking about how he thinks the Bills can win the SB next year? His brother just wants to play with him. He’s been saying this since last year. 

Didn’t say they’re was. Just stating how I would view the situation if Diggs does in fact think the grass is greener.

• Dislike 2

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Now that’s more concerning.

He doesn’t want to be here anymore the Cowboys simply can’t afford him though as his bro needs a new contract and so does Micah who will be the highest paid defensive player in the sport soon enough. 
I would love to do it just to watch Steff blow up at Dak after he skips a 6 yard pass to him on 4th down.  
So let’s call Jerry and make a deal we will take Micah off their hands gladly as he is buddies with Von. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

I have been thinking about a Diggs trade, similar to what the Chiefs did. 

I just don’t know how we would replace Diggs. Chiefs have Kelce. I don’t think it’s possible. I don’t even think it would work cap wise. I think we’d take on cap to trade him. It’s not going to happen.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I have been thinking about a Diggs trade, similar to what the Chiefs did. 

I just don’t know how we would replace Diggs. Chiefs have Kelce. I don’t think it’s possible. I don’t even think it would work cap wise. I think we’d take on cap to trade him. It’s not going to happen.

With additional picks the bills can move up if they target a guy like Quentin Jefferson who is going around 10-15.

I’d rather trade Diggs before he turns into the Minnesota Diggs then wait and him have no trade value at all. 

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

With additional picks the bills can move up if they target a guy like Quentin Jefferson who is going around 10-15.

I’d rather trade Diggs before he turns into the Minnesota Diggs then wait and him have no trade value at all. 

The problem I see with Diggs is age. He’s got a solid 1-2 years left in his prime and then the decline happens. So do you get out in front of it or wait? 

I think the Bills are forced to wait because they have nothing else. This is not a good draft or free agency for WRs. They’d have to look to trade for someone else.

I also think there’s issues with the cap if we traded him. We’d lose cap space. It’s not happening.

34 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

It’s obvious Diggs talked to his brother and there’s more to it then just the Bengals game sideline stuff…Hey I say we call up Jerry and say Micah for Steff straight up… They get the brothers together we get Micah to play with Von and then we draft all offense for Josh 

You're saying that wasn't simply his emotions running hot in the Cincy game and he actually wants out of Buffalo? What are you basing this on?

Non Story.  Just his brother wishing for something that won't happen.  

1. Diggs take a cap hit of over $17M if they traded Diggs before 6/1 and only save $8M if the trade him after 6/1 and basically save nothing in 2024.  Literally impossible to replace Diggs with that $8M in savings, and this offense already needs more help, not less.
  2. If Stefon felt playing with his brother is what he wanted the most and the priority, he would not have signed an extension that basically keeps him in Buffalo until the end of his career.
  3. Stefon has said many times how much he loves Allen and that Allen basically saved his career in his eyes.  Its funny to me to see people see that little moment on the sidelines and suddenly think Diggs doesn't believe in Allen anymore. 
    1. Side Note:  There were some people reporting he they could hear Diggs yelling at Allen "Don't listen to him" or something to that nature.  And that someone is believed to be Dorsey based on the context of what could be heard from the sidelines.  Which if true, would be Diggs frustrated with Dorsey's play calling and begging Allen to try something different.

This didn't even need a thread to be honest...he isn't going anywhere, there are no actual rumors, just his brother vocalizing he wants to will his brother to Dallas, which for all the reasons above, will not be happening anytime soon.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

This is something you gotta consider.  I love the chemistry Josh has with Stef but we all saw the confrontation. Love to keep Diggs thru his contract and somehow land Quentin Johnston. Diggs just needs to calm down and prepare for this fall. And Dorsey must Re-evaluate his offense. If not I'll be slamming down his headset.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

8 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

If Diggs doesn’t want to play here he has no heart.

Where do you get the idea that he doesn't want to play here? I've seen no signs of him not wanting to play here nor have I heard anything from him saying he doesn't want to play here. This is nothing but his brother running his mouth trying to stir the pot. Number 14 isn't going anywhere.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I’d trade Diggs for a 1st and a OT. 

10 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

If Diggs doesn’t want to play here he has no heart.

Playing in Buffalo is hard.  No heart? He wants to win. He knows McD and 13 seconds won’t get us there. 

for starters, The Cowboys are in the same cap hell as we are. Trevon's dead cap hit is only like 500k but does not become a ufa till 2024. I would say it is more likely Trevon comes here on a hometown deal to be with his bro after next year. 

IF we dropped Diggs to Dallas it would only be one way..

1. Early round draft pick

+

They take on some of that dead cap space.

sorry folks. its not happening. 

50 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Stef was on Dan Patrick this morning. He says he will never apologize for being passionate. I can live with that. The man wants to win, just go about it the right way. 

Oh, and who cares what some goof has out there on Twitter. He’s not an owner or GM….so whatever…..

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Momma Pecoraro said:

Trade him. Get a first. Lose the salary. Find your Justin Jefferson on cost control. Great player who is a declining asset at an exorbitant price. Should have traded him last off season. This team has massive holes. Best build a wall around Josh and hope he continues to be more than human.

Diggs has caught over 100 balls each of the last 3 seasons, is the only receiver we have that puts any fear in defenses, and you wanted to get rid of him last season?

We're in need of a legit WR2 and you're talking about getting rid of our WR1.  😆

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

You forget that 97% of western New Yorkers can't wait to flex their complex.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.