Eli Apple - jackass of the year

QB Bills

I'm fine with it.

These guys need to hear others around the league bury them. Maybe it will light a fuse for next season. 

Tell Allen he's regressed and not a top QB. Tell Diggs he's a diva. Tell Tre he won't be the same ever again. Tell them their window is closed.

It should only help them to get better and tougher

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Anybody still unable to determine what a nasty streak is in a team?  Sign 10 of these types.

Eli Apple may have a nasty streak, but he's essentially a "weak link" on the Cincinnati DB.  He leads the Bengals DBs in yards completed against him, etc.

Cam Taylor Britt has a higher passer rating against him but he's a rookie. 

He got mercilessly mocked (and for good reason) after last year's Superbowl, where he sucked - see article I linked

Don't confuse a guy being a ***** the field with superior play on it.

Edited by Beck Water

31 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

Anybody still unable to determine what a nasty streak is in a team?  Sign 10 of these types.

Eli Apple is a UFA after this year. The Bills could sign him, because I'm sure that the Bengals won't. He is not a good CB. But I do agree with you about the Bills needing some nastiness on their team. Too many of what Larry Bird termed "milk drinkers."

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

as many have pointed out, perhaps you've misinterpreted the "Cancun on 3" comment--similarly  you've mischaracterized my posts (I do tend to call out BS a lot).

Also, for a guy for whom all of this is just a "hobby", you've decided to start a post to describe your rage ("hate" and "clown" and "hell"!) over some pretty harmless ribbing by an opponent.  It's Eli Apple--he's a bum.  He talks a lot.  It's all part of the TV Show that is the NFL. 

maybe you need to take a step back from all this for a while, for the life of you...

This. Who cares. Guys trash talk. Diggs certainly does. 

• Like (+1) 1

Don’t care what Apple has to say. I could never root for the Chiefs and their fans, especially in what was supposed to be a retooling year (they have the resources to be much better next year). Go Bengals! But I’ll probably end up rooting for the NFC team to win it all. 

10 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

One guy on a team of 53 guys says something mean and you people freak out over it.  Embarrassing. 

One?  Burrow's refund comment is just another example.  Mean?  Dude took a shot at Hamlin.  That's beyond mean, it's disgusting.  That you can hand-wave it is embarrassing.

Edited by The Red King
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Well if nothing else use it for fuel for next year because they definitely took the Bills to the wood shed in this game so although it is hard to take I feel if it would have been the other way around some Bills players would have been talking smack too .

3 minutes ago, T master said:

Well if nothing else use it for fuel for next year because they definitely took the Bills to the wood shed in this game so although it is hard to take I feel if it would have been the other way around some Bills players would have been talking smack too .

Taking a shot at Hamlin goes beyond smack talk.

Just now, BillsM@fia said:

Wow, bunch of butt hurt cry babies in this thread.  I don't even care if the Bengals players/coaches are acting like jackasses.  Bills fan in this thread are coming off as sore losers.

Good teams find ways to win, period.

How is being upset over an opposing player taking a shot at a guy that almost died being a "sore loser"?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Taking a shot at Hamlin goes beyond smack talk.

How is being upset over an opposing player taking a shot at a guy that almost died being a "sore loser"?

I agree but i didn't see on tweeter where he took that shot .

• Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, The Red King said:

One?  Burrow's refund comment is just another example.  Mean?  Dude took a shot at Hamlin.  That's beyond mean, it's disgusting.  That you can hand-wave it is embarrassing.

The guy's an #######.  Big deal.  Lots of people in lots of lines of work are #######s.  If you get bent out of shape every time you encounter one, you're never going to get anything accomplished.

• Haha (+1) 1

Imagine anyone caring what one of the worst corners in the league thinks.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You'd think at least someone like Joe Burrow (forget about the moron level intellect of guys like Apple and Mixon) would understand this was the case for all the teams with a possibility of hosting playoff games the following week... Nope!

Football intelligence certainly does not equal actual intelligence :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

There's nothing said on this board that can't be justly countered with "relax, it's just a game". It's a lazy reply that contributes nothing to the discussion. As the famous philosoper Jeffrey Lebowski once said, "You're not wrong Walter, you're just an a******".

Also, you're either blindly stupid or being willfully ignorant in regards to that tweet.

No player, even Apple, would mock Hamlin himself or his near-death experience.  It should be obvious to even you and the others struggling with that tweet that Apple is mocking the Bills and their nonstop use of the "heart/3" for the past 2 weeks--for instance after every score last week against the Dolphins.  Face it--it's something the Bills organization hyped all week. Now Apple is tossing it back at them as overhype---all it got them is an early vacation.  

This isn't even hard---it's Eli Apple!    Too many people (nonplayers) let this stuff get to them for reasons that are beyond sense.  I don't see Diggs filling a diaper over this--why are you?

2 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

What have the Bengals won

1 year of free rent in the OP's head.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No player, even Apple, would mock Hamlin himself or his near-death experience.  It should be obvious to even you and the others struggling with that tweet that Apple is mocking the Bills and their nonstop use of the "heart/3" for the past 2 weeks--for instance after every score last week against the Dolphins.  Face it--it's something the Bills organization hyped all week. Now Apple is tossing it back at them as overhype---all it got them is an early vacation.  

This isn't even hard---it's Eli Apple!    Too many people (nonplayers) let this stuff get to them for reasons that are beyond sense.  I don't see Diggs filling a diaper over this--why are you?

Overhype?  Guy almost died.  Or, he *did* die and had to be resussitated.

I'd think this guy an a** for his other stunts.  This, though, this crossed a line.  Would it be fine for him to go into a hospital and mock other patients that nearly died?

Seriously, I'd still think him an absolute piece of trash otherwise, but I'd shrug and let it go.  Mocking a show of support for a critcally injured player?  That's classless, and an absoulte d*** move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Overhype?  Guy almost died.  Or, he *did* die and had to be resussitated.

I'd think this guy an a** for his other stunts.  This, though, this crossed a line.  Would it be fine for him to go into a hospital and mock other patients that nearly died?

Seriously, I'd still think him an absolute piece of trash otherwise, but I'd shrug and let it go.  Mocking a show of support for a critcally injured player?  That's classless, and an absoulte d*** move.

He wasn't doing that

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Already walked it back

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The heart/3 was in support of their teammate who almost died on the field in front of them. He is mocking that. You obviously don't think there's anything wrong with that, but some fans do and it's getting discussed here. On a Buffalo Bills message board. Crazy, I know.

Filling diapers? Nobody is talking about going to his house and peeing on his lawn. Why is this so difficult for you?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.