13 Seconds Will Sting for a While Longer...

BuffaloBaumer

I barely feel any pain today knowing that the opponent was FAR superior yesterday. After the 13 seconds happened, it took until the opener against the Rams to get rid of that pain (for the most part). Without rehashing too much, we all know that the 2021 group will most likely be the best team Allen will ever have. Add in the healthiness of the team as well as their schedule and it comes out to the perfect storm of missed opportunity. 

I am fully convinced that every year McDermott is in charge will be another year of wasted opportunity. The sad part is that we know he is not going anywhere. Our only hope is that ownership tell him that Dorsey needs to be fired and he refuses to do it. Then, maybe this organization will get some offensive minded coaching and revamp that entire side of the ball. 

• Agree 4

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I barely feel any pain today knowing that the opponent was FAR superior yesterday. After the 13 seconds happened, it took until the opener against the Rams to get rid of that pain (for the most part). Without rehashing too much, we all know that the 2021 group will most likely be the best team Allen will ever have. Add in the healthiness of the team as well as their schedule and it comes out to the perfect storm of missed opportunity. 

I am fully convinced that every year McDermott is in charge will be another year of wasted opportunity. The sad part is that we know he is not going anywhere. Our only hope is that ownership tell him that Dorsey needs to be fired and he refuses to do it. Then, maybe this organization will get some offensive minded coaching and revamp that entire side of the ball. 

Yeah, it’s completely hopeless. Might as well trade Josh and start from scratch with picks. I mean, why even watch really ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

McDermott will survive this year, next year is where it might really change. If we get bounced out in the same fashion beane and mcd could both be gone

• Agree 1

The 2021 team was 7-6 at one point and only looked elite against the Chiefs in the RS, at NE, and on the offensive side of the ball in 2 playoff games. 

The 2020 team was superior even though their defense was shoddy. There will be Bills teams led by Allen who are better than both. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The Bills lost 6 regular season games in 2021. The best team Allen ever had was the 2020 team.

Lol, it's ok to be miserable today, while still enjoying being a fan of the Buffalo Bills

It's also OK (and probably the rational take) to realize that 13 seconds might be the zenith for the current iteration of this team.  half of the AFC got better while we stood still.  I'm not sure this regime has a plan to get better than they are right now, which is strong regular season team, early playoff exit.  Sort of like the Dolphins during our glory era.

• Agree 1

McDermott shouldn’t have been allowed back to Buffalo after 13 seconds.

To make matters worse, we let Brian Daboll a born and raised WNY walk out and kept the buffoon.

It’s a shame. It really is. We are going to waste Josh freakin Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I just feel drained and don't really have the energy to get upset over it right now. Time to turn my attention to the Sabres for a few months

this is where i am with this.  even before yesterday's game i was a bit meh to the entire thing.  just a strange season.  

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

If the Bills ever do win it, it will likely be a season we don’t really expect it.  They won’t win the division but will get in as a wild card, then go on a surprise run.  I’ve seen it happen with my favorite team in another sport.  Knocked at the door for a few years as a favorite, failed, then won it when least expected. 

13 seconds was the worst and how anyone can debate that I don't understand. 

Yesterday was an embarrassing performance by the Coaching staff.  Ill prepared and completely lost out there.

I will repeat again as bad as that first quarter was, they did make it 14-7 and then "held🤣" Cincy to a fg.  The Bills were first down @ the Cincy 41 with a 1:00 to go and should have minimum got a FG and then imploded.  Ball to start the second half and again first and goal and three pathetic play calls. 

Could have been 21-17 or 17-17, stead still 17-10 and needed one 3 and out.

No it was just a lousy game.  13 seconds ripped my heart out.

Same.  Nowhere near as disappointed, they were clearly better.  I blame the GM and coach for that.  My fear is that I will still talking about the 90s bills when I die, because the current administration has completely failed using massive draft capital and FA money on Defense, and they are bad at it on top of that.  Unless they realize offense scores points, I dont think we make it any further than we have

• Agree 1

13 secs was horrible and should have never happened.  But the narrative of " we would have beaten the Bengals next week at home" and gone on to win it all needs to STOP. Yes the O was playing better last year,  but to assume we would have beaten them last year looks silly after yesterday.  

• Vomit 1

26 minutes ago, Negan said:

At this point who cares about 13 seconds, looks like Taylor would have outcoached  McDermott anyways and Bills would have choked in the next game.

Taylor made McDumbass look like a child. Embarrassing defensive scheme for over 5 years. Absolutely no offensive identity with your deer in the headlights OC.  Team wasn't even remotely prepared. And watch, no changes will happen.  Status Quo....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I think we’re all starting to realize last year WAS “the window.” 13 seconds is inching closer and closer to wide right. My biggest emotion right now is frustration that we’re literally wasting the talents of a truly generational QB. 

Good news? 17 years from now is 2040. Nice round number. 

Edited by stevestojan

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Taylor made McDumbass look like a child. Embarrassing defensive scheme for over 5 years. Absolutely no offensive identity with your deer in the headlights OC.  Team wasn't even remotely prepared. And watch, no changes will happen.  Status Quo....

Nothing will change till they get hurt in the pocket book.

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Why wouldn't the same team that bent us over yesterday have done the same thing last year when we had an even shittier defense staring Levi Wallace and Dane jackson?

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

13 seconds was the worst and how anyone can debate that I don't understand. 

Yesterday was an embarrassing performance by the Coaching staff.  Ill prepared and completely lost out there.

I will repeat again as bad as that first quarter was, they did make it 14-7 and then "held🤣" Cincy to a fg.  The Bills were first down @ the Cincy 41 with a 1:00 to go and should have minimum got a FG and then imploded.  Ball to start the second half and again first and goal and three pathetic play calls. 

Could have been 21-17 or 17-17, stead still 17-10 and needed one 3 and out.

No it was just a lousy game.  13 seconds ripped my heart out.

I submit (a) wide right and (b) the throwback (forward) were worse for me as a fan.  No question. 

Agreed, yesterday was a different sort of loss.....we were overwhelmed from the opening bell and had no answers.  I am convinced that if there was a white towel to be thrown in at half-time, that about 40% of the Bills players would have accepted it and packed up and went home at 1/2 time.  That is how listless the effort came across. Not saying they are quitters, but they knew.  Each and every single Bills player knew the outcome after the first 4-6 minutes.  Diggs is just so competitive he was in denial and trying to change the narrative. But deep down the Bills were like "please make this go away".

Tough for sure. I am pulling for them to regroup, but it needs to be with some different players and some different coaches.  Certainly not a full overhaul, but we also cannot remain the same.  Right now, the culture is tainted and we need to cleanse that.

New blood.  New blood.  New blood. 

9 minutes ago, IndyMark said:

I submit (a) wide right and (b) the throwback (forward) were worse for me as a fan.  No question. 

Agreed, yesterday was a different sort of loss.....we were overwhelmed from the opening bell and had no answers.  I am convinced that if there was a white towel to be thrown in at half-time, that about 40% of the Bills players would have accepted it and packed up and went home at 1/2 time.  That is how listless the effort came across. Not saying they are quitters, but they knew.  Each and every single Bills player knew the outcome after the first 4-6 minutes.  Diggs is just so competitive he was in denial and trying to change the narrative. But deep down the Bills were like "please make this go away".

Tough for sure. I am pulling for them to regroup, but it needs to be with some different players and some different coaches.  Certainly not a full overhaul, but we also cannot remain the same.  Right now, the culture is tainted and we need to cleanse that.

New blood.  New blood.  New blood. 

It was pathetic, but they had the ball with 2 minutes left before half down only 17-7 and coming off the TD.  That drive and how that and the first drive of the second half ended was all on coaching.  The team was not ready.

Gotta be honest, and I'm sure I'll get down vote/eyeroll, etc emojis for this but I feel like it needs to be said.  If yesterday's result tells me anything it's that I am not as certain we definitely would have made the Superbowl if we had held off the Chiefs in those 13 seconds and won.  Not a knock on Allen or the rest of the team, but Burrow is good.  Really good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

We'll have sporadic windows as long as Allen is QB.  I'm not sure if the current one is closing or not.

But if we get a Lombardi, it's as good as guess as anything that we'll get it w/ a team that none of us expects will go on a run. This year's team was the top favorite, and peaked pretty early.  I'd bet that when we do go to the SB, it will be a team like last year - where we're up & down, not getting any huge expectations, and get hot late.

12 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Gotta be honest, and I'm sure I'll get down vote/eyeroll, etc emojis for this but I feel like it needs to be said.  If yesterday's result tells me anything it's that I am not as certain we definitely would have made the Superbowl if we had held off the Chiefs in those 13 seconds and won.  Not a knock on Allen or the rest of the team, but Burrow is good.  Really good.

He was not as good last year, nor was the team.  Really that's a reach.  But we're all hurting right now. 

2 hours ago, arcane said:

The 2021 team was 7-6 at one point and only looked elite against the Chiefs in the RS, at NE, and on the offensive side of the ball in 2 playoff games. 

The 2020 team was superior even though their defense was shoddy. There will be Bills teams led by Allen who are better than both. 

Allen hasn’t been on the best offensive group he’ll ever play with yet not even close.  Burrow and Mahomes already have.  And look at where they are.  

13 seconds will haunt this staff forever I totally agree with that - they coached like losers yesterday.  They really wanted to against Miami.  

I’m fine with McD coaching he’s done a fantastic job but it’s getting far far more likely this doesn’t end well.  I’m not going to put my head and the sand or pretend everything is awesome.  This organization has got nothing young to replace our expensive or older vets that will be extremely difficult to reinforce.  And keep.   

1 hour ago, Talley56 said:

I disagree as I have never seen Allen or any QB for that matter play better games in back to back playoff games. The Offense was not going to be challenged by the Cincy or the Rams IMO

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JMM said:

13 secs was horrible and should have never happened.  But the narrative of " we would have beaten the Bengals next week at home" and gone on to win it all needs to STOP. Yes the O was playing better last year,  but to assume we would have beaten them last year looks silly after yesterday.  

Last years playoff team was far superior offensively than this years.  I wouldn't automatically assume the effort yesterday would have led to the same result last year

3 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

We had a chance to play KC in Atlanta with an injured  Patrick Mahomes and Buffalo would have been favored to win 

It's another blown opportunity 

Bills blew it. Mahomes is not playing with high ankle sprain and if he attempts to, he will extremely limited and probably end up on sidelines after one hit. Allen would have dominated in a doom.  13 secs is still worse but this lose/missed opportunity to get to the Super Bowl Is close behind. All this talk about a chip on their shoulder is the same bs they said last year. No offense. Beane deserves much of the blame, drafting underperforming d linemen and not hitting on players in first and second rounds except for Allen of course.  Should have focused on adding playmakers on offense to help YOUR BEST PLAYER. Cinci went that route and there you go. 

If it makes anyone feel better, today is the one year anniversary of 13 seconds. In all seriousness though, today is not nearly as bad as a year ago today. That litterally took me a full week to get over. I'm bummed the bills season is over, but I'm not shocked at the result of yesterday. I think we all knew deep down, that game was coming 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.