We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

That’s a nice trip. I got a pair of tix in the 100 level early yesterday for $280/ea.  fees added another $100+ to the final total.  The other prices i saw were quite a bit more in that moment so i jumped on them.  we’re making the 8 hour drive for this huge game. I wasn’t going to but it was like there was a “calling” in my head to get tix and come up.lol

I came up for a game in November and sat in Sec. 240.  Not all the 200 sections have radiant heat.  only the sections under the overhang have it.  240 does not, you are exposed to the elements as are the other similar 200 level sections.

Haha I had the same calling! Ended up snagging one in sec 138. Earning it with an 11 hour overnight layover in Denver but whatever!!!

48 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

While you're correct that the 1 series the Bengals had the ball the Bills didn't stop them. Bills moved the ball on them also with their 1 series. That being said, it's not even remotely close to being enough to determine anything at all regarding either team. 

And I'm sure you noticed that Bills defense has a habit of starting off slow and picks it up soon after. 

I agree with this. However, to set the record straight the Bengals had the ball a second time and were gashing the Bills defense for what looked like another score. Imho, only question is would it have been a TD or a FG. 

The Bills have to have a different strategy defensively going into this game. What that is I don't know. I know it shouldn't be Tre matched up one on one with Chase. 

Correct the Bills looked good on offense with a balance of run and pass. I think the Bengals will have an equally difficult time stopping the Bills. Allen has to play better than he did vs Miami. I'm confident he will. If he doesn't the team has shown a great ability to win games still.  That is encouraging. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just as an aside, I’m happy that we’re finally here. This is a huge game between two powerhouse teams. I dreamed of being in this game for the better part of two decades. Win or lose, the Buffalo Bills are part of the conversation.

Just now, newcam2012 said:

I agree with this. However, to set the record straight the Bengals had the ball a second time and were gashing the Bills defense for what looked like another score. Imho, only question is would it have been a TD or a FG. 

The Bills have to have a different strategy defensively going into this game. What that is I don't know. I know it shouldn't be Tre matched up one on one with Chase. 

Correct the Bills looked good on offense with a balance of run and pass. I think the Bengals will have an equally difficult time stopping the Bills. Allen has to play better than he did vs Miami. I'm confident he will. If he doesn't the team has shown a great ability to win games still.  That is encouraging. 

Burrow also has to play better than he did against Baltimore two weeks in a row. He didn’t turn it over, but he took no risks. You can’t beat the Bills by playing it safe. Should be an epic game. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

You don’t feel that we will get pressure if we shoot the quick routes?

this is a football discussion board my man - was looking to discuss football 

yikes 

I'm not scared of Jordan burrows

I don't believe we will need to shoot quick routes. I think we come out vanilla like always. I think we sprinkle in a few wrinkles to get a few big chance plays. Almost to the point of high risk, high reward.

I wish I watched enough film on them to have a background on what has been done to them...but I think:

1) a corner blitz on a 3rd and long. Johnson on the edge when they line up in a close split end slot. Show cover 3 with zone middle covered by Johnson on the slot. Switch to cover 2, Marlowe bashing the mid field and anyone crossing while Johnson tears up the outside edge to get a sack on statue borrows.

...I'm not going to spell his name right. He doesn't deserve it. The cockswagger chump puffing on cigars is cute if you're making a tic toc...

2) I am not going to go all out attack the drop back. He passes too quickly. We have seen Frazier successfully stop these QBs, Brady and Jackson, for example. Both two different QBs. We tell our DL to form the pocket, no escape routes - and hands up. I think that little bastard is like 5'6". I know he's taller but he doesn't play taller. With just 4 DL we can shut down the passing lanes.

3) they're gonna pin and pull on the run. They are gonna be close together as a default for pass pro. They want to leverage the pin and pull for their medicare backs. The one dude who beats women isn't as good as he was a few years ago. The other dude I don't know his name but it's cool they have two JAGs at RB. The NFL run game can be successful with JAGS. They can win games. Edmunds ... Next point

4) I really wish people understood his role in this defense. How far he has come this season and toward last calling defenses and making sure guys are lined up right. This could be a big matchup for him. He hasn't been as handsy as before. Not like Mixon is with women, at least.  Edmunds is going to be in the thick of things. Milano will be targeted by the offense to single out. Where they succeed in the WR department they lack in other skill positions and players which means they'll seek to eliminate 1 of our most potent weapons and ignore Edmunds. He could really have a game

4) boroughs knows he is good. That's cool. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for a first. I wouldn't be surprised to see him laid out either. If the bills can touch him twice in the first 15 minutes of play I will be surprised. Their offense is going to be quick, aggressive down field and shaking things up. It's going to be a K-gun offense. their QB is going to get tired. So will the rest of their team. Who wears down first?

More specifics...

Taron Johnson is going to get targeted the most. It's the biggest matchup. They'll switch bodies there a lot. They will try big Higgins in there to see if he can beat him. Edmunds has to help. They also need to lay a lick on him. Id let the DEs hit him a few times early. It is going to be a long night for Johnson. 

Marlowe is going to play with his hair on fire I have a bunch.

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

You have provided zero evidence to support Hendrickson's innocence except for his alleged faith (lol), which does not exactly distinguish him from most of the NFL's players. I have provided video evidence of what I saw, and what more of the viewing public would have seen and remembered had something serious and unprecedented not immediately consumed our attentions thereafter. Watch the main broadcast again when they briefly show us the Hendrickson transgression before cutting to commercial. It's unmistakable. 

Watch the 2nd replay. His momentum stops, then suddenly he accelerates again and spins into the QB's ankle, miraculously. The network feed even caught his eyes registering the intent (not pictured).  

No question that he put extra effort into that additional roll.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree with this. However, to set the record straight the Bengals had the ball a second time and were gashing the Bills defense for what looked like another score. Imho, only question is would it have been a TD or a FG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Bengals ran only 2 plays before Hamlin situation. Or was it 3? That's why I didn't bother even bringing up a 2nd Bengals series....because it wasn't one.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, GottaRun said:

It's a recency bias.  They looked about ready to score 2 TDs on their first 2 drives against us, therefor people think they were going to score TDs on every drive and that game was surely unwinnable.   

I keep seeing this sentiment... the Bengals were not driving for a 2nd TD on us!   They scored.  We scored.  They then took the kickoff and completed 2 pass plays.. then Damar got hurt.  2 plays.  Thats not a drive.  They weren’t in scoring position, unless they had a 50 yards play dialed up and on deck.   There is zero reason to think they were about to score other than pessimistic posters assuming the worst. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, astb41 said:

So I just decided to make the trip from SLC to Buff this weekend for Cincy.  Been a fan for over 30 years but it will be my first home game!  Coming out solo and there's some decent priced re-sale single tickets on TM in sections 243, 240, 223.  Any advice for a first timer on those seat locations?  I was hoping for 100 level but those are still above $300.  Looking to stay below $250.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

awesome!!  I'm flying in from NYC, my son is flyting in from NC and my brother is driving down from Toronto.  Simply have to be in Buffalo this weekend.  BUF/ANA hockey Saturday and of course THE GAME on Sunday

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I’m starting to feel this game and i can see the Bills really putting out a great effort. 

Cinci is good, obviously, but you look at their recent string of playoff success their turnover ratio in the games are +2 +2 +1 +2 +1.  They are creating and feasting off other teams mistakes and eeking out close wins.

Looking at the Bills schedule, they haven’t played a real solid dominant home game since Pittsburgh.  In the 6 home games since then, they’ve jumped out to leads in some but went ice cold and/or hung on for dear life.  New England was weird since who knows what happens if they don’t get once in a generation kickoff returns? That won’t happen again.   

I really think Buffalo will play the game of their lives Sunday. They just need to control emotions and not get too amped up (which leads to missed tackles and blown assignments) They should be able to, they’ve played in plenty of big games the past couple years. Can’t wait.

There is a concern here as a Bills fan and your point backs it up. The Bengals are very opportunistic with creating turnovers. What has this Bills offense done too often this year? More specifically, in the playoffs vs Miami. Answer is turnover the ball! 

Not trying to be negative here but it certainly is a concern.

Additionally, the Bengals red zone efficiency is excellent and near the top in the league. Their 3rd efficiency is close to Buffalo's percentage too. Not sure why you are trying to sell the Bengals short. Last year they went to the Super Bowl with a horrible Oline. That should tell you something. 

In short, this game to likely comes down to a FG make in the waining seconds of the game. I think it's Bass and the Bills that win. This team just knows how to win the close games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

That’s a nice trip. I got a pair of tix in the 100 level early yesterday for $280/ea.  fees added another $100+ to the final total.  The other prices i saw were quite a bit more in that moment so i jumped on them.  we’re making the 8 hour drive for this huge game. I wasn’t going to but it was like there was a “calling” in my head to get tix and come up.lol

I came up for a game in November and sat in Sec. 240.  Not all the 200 sections have radiant heat.  only the sections under the overhang have it.  240 does not, you are exposed to the elements as are the other similar 200 level sections.

Mine is the same exact situation - I was going to day trade tickets and maybe wait all the way up to Saturday night to buy, but found 4 in the $100 level for $295each and said screw it - fair deal

• Like (+1) 1

I was a Mixon fantasy owner this past year so unfortunately I watched a lot of Bengals. If I am Frazier, I am dropping all but 3 or 4 guys, running a bunch of stunts up front, and daring Cinnci to beat us running.

Mixon is not very good and he was terrible the beginning of the year until the OL started to gel. Now with them down potentially 3 of 5 starters, I would not worry about Mixon and his sub 3 ypc he was getting at the beginning of the year. He is not explosive enough to take it to the house if he does manage to sneak into the secondary. Perine is actually better but he is still not a very good runner, better outlet out of backfield.

Burrow is going to be fine with the OL in shambles but their running game is going to be bad. 

Edited by LEBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

13 minutes ago, LEBills said:

I was a Mixon fantasy owner this past year so unfortunately I watched a lot of Bengals. If I am Frazier, I am dropping all but 3 or 4 guys, running a bunch of stunts up front, and daring Cinnci to beat us running.

Mixon is not very good and he was terrible the beginning of the year until the OL started to gel. Now with them down potentially 3 of 5 starters, I would not worry about Mixon and his sub 3 ypc he was getting at the beginning of the year. He is not explosive enough to take it to the house if he does manage to sneak into the secondary. Perine is actually better but he is still not a very good runner, better outlet out of backfield.

Burrow is going to be fine with the OL in shambles but their running game is going to be bad. 

I’m in the same boat, but because I

live in Cincinnati so that was the game on my main screen every week. The Bills, of all teams, were a much better rushing team than the Bengals. The Bengals will make plays in the passing game, but they will also go cold. Their only two blowouts were against bad teams (Falcons and Panthers) at home. They shouldn’t blow us out, but we may have to win a close one. These are big boy games.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

You have provided zero evidence to support Hendrickson's innocence except for his alleged faith (lol), which does not exactly distinguish him from most of the NFL's players. I have provided video evidence of what I saw, and what more of the viewing public would have seen and remembered had something serious and unprecedented not immediately consumed our attentions thereafter. Watch the main broadcast again when they briefly show us the Hendrickson transgression before cutting to commercial. It's unmistakable. 

Watch the 2nd replay. His momentum stops, then suddenly he accelerates again and spins into the QB's ankle, miraculously. The network feed even caught his eyes registering the intent (not pictured).  

This is so childish to have to prove to adults:

39 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

I’m in the same boat, but because I

live in Cincinnati so that was the game on my main screen every week. The Bills, of all teams, were a much better rushing team than the Bengals. The Bengals will make plays in the passing game, but they will also go cold. Their only two blowouts were against bad teams (Falcons and Panthers) at home. They shouldn’t blow us out, but we may have to win a close one. These are big boy games.

This is very true, Mixon hasn't played well. Many fans have called for the backup Perine to get more carries.  Mixon costing us 12M per is another issue....

1 hour ago, BillnutinHouston said:

No question that he put extra effort into that additional roll.

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I'm not scared of Jordan burrows

I don't believe we will need to shoot quick routes. I think we come out vanilla like always. I think we sprinkle in a few wrinkles to get a few big chance plays. Almost to the point of high risk, high reward.

I wish I watched enough film on them to have a background on what has been done to them...but I think:

1) a corner blitz on a 3rd and long. Johnson on the edge when they line up in a close split end slot. Show cover 3 with zone middle covered by Johnson on the slot. Switch to cover 2, Marlowe bashing the mid field and anyone crossing while Johnson tears up the outside edge to get a sack on statue borrows.

...I'm not going to spell his name right. He doesn't deserve it. The cockswagger chump puffing on cigars is cute if you're making a tic toc...

2) I am not going to go all out attack the drop back. He passes too quickly. We have seen Frazier successfully stop these QBs, Brady and Jackson, for example. Both two different QBs. We tell our DL to form the pocket, no escape routes - and hands up. I think that little bastard is like 5'6". I know he's taller but he doesn't play taller. With just 4 DL we can shut down the passing lanes.

3) they're gonna pin and pull on the run. They are gonna be close together as a default for pass pro. They want to leverage the pin and pull for their medicare backs. The one dude who beats women isn't as good as he was a few years ago. The other dude I don't know his name but it's cool they have two JAGs at RB. The NFL run game can be successful with JAGS. They can win games. Edmunds ... Next point

4) I really wish people understood his role in this defense. How far he has come this season and toward last calling defenses and making sure guys are lined up right. This could be a big matchup for him. He hasn't been as handsy as before. Not like Mixon is with women, at least.  Edmunds is going to be in the thick of things. Milano will be targeted by the offense to single out. Where they succeed in the WR department they lack in other skill positions and players which means they'll seek to eliminate 1 of our most potent weapons and ignore Edmunds. He could really have a game

4) boroughs knows he is good. That's cool. I wouldn't be surprised to see him run for a first. I wouldn't be surprised to see him laid out either. If the bills can touch him twice in the first 15 minutes of play I will be surprised. Their offense is going to be quick, aggressive down field and shaking things up. It's going to be a K-gun offense. their QB is going to get tired. So will the rest of their team. Who wears down first?

More specifics...

Taron Johnson is going to get targeted the most. It's the biggest matchup. They'll switch bodies there a lot. They will try big Higgins in there to see if he can beat him. Edmunds has to help. They also need to lay a lick on him. Id let the DEs hit him a few times early. It is going to be a long night for Johnson. 

Marlowe is going to play with his hair on fire I have a bunch.

I can tell everyone here that every post I have seen about Allen on our boards has been very positive and respectful.  Maybe we know ball better than guys like this, but this is such a garbage disrespectful take and it is posts like this that are showing up on our board.  We have disphists like this as well but they are usually corrected pretty quick by those who know ball.

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

Just as an aside, I’m happy that we’re finally here. This is a huge game between two powerhouse teams. I dreamed of being in this game for the better part of two decades. Win or lose, the Buffalo Bills are part of the conversation.

Burrow also has to play better than he did against Baltimore two weeks in a row. He didn’t turn it over, but he took no risks. You can’t beat the Bills by playing it safe. Should be an epic game. 

Neither team has played close to potential, not sure how terrible our oline backups will limit our playbook...

2 hours ago, fergie's ire said:

Yes, and didn't the Bears start almost the same way against us?  Touchdown and then another promising drive that stalled.

You comparing the Bengals to the Bears?

4 hours ago, Georgia Bill said:

If a few questionable calls go the wrong way for the Bengals and we get up on them, I could see them getting testy and making some bad decisions/personal fouls - if they assume the league has pre-ordained a Buffalo win.  

You have an outdated reality of the Bengals.  We dont do that anymore.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, Caesar said:

This is very true, Mixon hasn't played well. Many fans have called for the backup Perine to get more carries.  Mixon costing us 12M per is another issue....

There was no way on earth he could have stopped himself from rolling. Reminds me of this:

• Haha (+1) 6

1 hour ago, LEBills said:

54 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

2 hours ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

- Allen is an ultra-aggressive dual-threat QB with a shoddy offensive line. He is going to turn the ball over. Lawrence threw 4 first-half INTs and JAX survived.

- Really hope we run, run, and run some more. Cook, Singletary, and Hines. Allen on designs, RPOs, and scrambles. Diggs, Shakir, and possibly McKenzie on sweeps. I saw someone posted BAL ran at Hendrickson so effectively CIN had to reserve him for passing downs. Do that. I am absolutely OK with a win including Allen's stat line at 15/21 for 208 and 1 TD.

- I hope OBD contacted the NFL about the 5-10 delay of games that went uncalled against MIA. I also hope McDermott brings that up to this week's officials before the game kicks off.

- While I agree our heavy draft investment into the defensive line must carry its weight, I think it will be maybe more important that White, Johnson, and Elam have incredible games matching up man-to-man and jamming CIN's big 3 WRs. We spend all game in zone and Burrow will shred us.

- When everyone zigs, zag. I'm calling a game with no more than 45 total points.  

- Personally, I am assuming CIN's offensive line is fully healthy until I see an inactive list stating otherwise. 

- Allen and Burrow are basically equal passers. Allen is by far the better runner. I think that makes him the better overall QB. 

- Hendrickson was not trying to help Allen with his shoelaces. Hurst was not trying to give Johnson a neck massage. I love the BUF-CIN relationship what with Dalton/Boyd/Drought and the overall great way their organization gave support through the Hamlin incident. But let's not kid ourselves, regardless of religious affiliation these guys are going to try to cheap shot and injure our most important starters. That should be the topic of conversation with the refs before McDermott brings up the delay of game or any other issue pre-game. The players need to keep aware of this as much as possible while still playing loose.

- "Who Dey?" is stupid and even if it came first, which I doubt, "Who Dat?" is better. 

- There's only one matchup I can think of that is more exciting with juicier storylines than BUF vs. CIN, and that's BUF vs. KC. Buffalo-based wig, hair dye, alcohol, marijuana, and stress ball companies should have a banner quarter. 

- LETS GO BUFFALO!!! Strangle the Bengals!!! GO BILLS!!!

Bengals run defense is pretty good, held Chubb and Henry both to around 30 yards.

Hendrickson isnt the best run defender but that is not why they sub for him.  He is on a snap count as he is playing with a broken wrist.

The Oline is not healthy and will be playing 3 backups, one that has played guard for 2 years and will be at LT.

LOL, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO THSI:  "I think it will be maybe more important that White, Johnson, and Elam have incredible games matching up man-to-man and jamming CIN's big 3 WRs"

2 hours ago, Process said:

Were approaching most overrated team/QB in the league with the Bengals and Burrow. People acting like they are the greatest show on turf. Expected from the talking heads but on here it's becoming silly. 

Bills need to score 40 to win? Give me a break. The Bengals team total is 22, go bet it then. 

Most overrated team and QB in the league?  They looked like it on that Monday night.... right?

Not sure how you say the Bengals are overrated?

Saying Burrow is overrated is just stupid, unless you think Allen is as well.  What passing stat does Josh surpass Joe?  Yards?  Accuracy?  TDs?  QBR?  

I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile).

The Bengals are not the greatest show on turf and will not be with 2/5th of an oline.  The Bills should win the game but I'd expect that the Bengals will show they are not overrated to a knowledgeable football fan.

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There was no way on earth he could have stopped himself from rolling. Reminds me of this:

I have heard that Trey had multiple rolls by a few people on here.  I'm guess the replay has been edited?

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Bengals run defense is pretty good, held Chubb and Henry both to around 30 yards.

Hendrickson isnt the best run defender but that is not why they sub for him.  He is on a snap count as he is playing with a broken wrist.

The Oline is not healthy and will be playing 3 backups, one that has played guard for 2 years and will be at LT.

LOL, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO THSI:  "I think it will be maybe more important that White, Johnson, and Elam have incredible games matching up man-to-man and jamming CIN's big 3 WRs"

Most overrated team and QB in the league?  They looked like it on that Monday night.... right?

Not sure how you say the Bengals are overrated?

Saying Burrow is overrated is just stupid, unless you think Allen is as well.  What passing stat does Josh surpass Joe?  Yards?  Accuracy?  TDs?  QBR?  

I think Josh is an awesome player and would never say he is overrated even tho his only trait that he has over Burrow is rushing (he can throw it a mile).

The Bengals are not the greatest show on turf and will not be with 2/5th of an oline.  The Bills should win the game but I'd expect that the Bengals will show they are not overrated to a knowledgeable football fan.

I have heard that Trey had multiple rolls by a few people on here.  I'm guess the replay has been edited?

It was impossible not to roll into Josh Allen's legs. And had it not been for JA17's tree trunks, Hendricks may have rolled right off the edge of the earth.

Hendrickson may owe Josh for saving his life! 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

For some reason, this Nick Wright exchange got under my skin. Yeah, people say that he's seeking attention. But he could criticize Joe Burrow and get just as much attention but he never does. In fact, no one ever says a negative thing about St. Joe. He's thrown 2 fewer interceptions than Josh this year, but none of his INTs are ever his fault. A stat line of 209 and 1 TD in a playoff game and they are measuring him for a gold jacket on the NFL Network. He was outplayed by Tyler Huntley FCS. 

Also, people in Cincinnati are getting out of hand. Women on Facebook are showing off their Sam Hubbard needlepoints. I had a grandmother yell "Who DEY!!!" at me in a Kroger parking lot and she was with her grandkids. 

Not every INT is the same.  Joe has 7 or more tipped interceptions.  Allen unfortunately has several red zone interceptions that get shown nonstop even if the Bills win the game.  There is no doubt that Joe is more protective of the ball than Josh, but also does not have the cannon to try some of those gunslinger throws that Josh can nor does he run nearly as much or as well as Josh so he doesnt have the fumbles either.  Josh is an alien, no doubt.  Joe wants to be the most accurate.

5 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Nick Wright doesn't like you guys, but.....  I honestly believe, that due to his ego, he detests the Bengals but pumps us up just in case we stay undefeated with those Chiefs then he has an out.  He talked so much trash about the Bengals last season before we beat them in the regular season and then again in the playoffs.  He predicted we would get a payback this season but we won again, so I really think he is trying to cover his ass.  

Josh at #5 is a total joke and looking for hits.  He should be #2 or #3 - the drop off is steep after the top 3 guys. IMHO

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

We knew this. Bills can’t rely on pass rush to win the game. McD and Co will be burning the midnight oil devising a scheme to win…

Dont be too gloomy, our 3 backups are highly questionable. The right guard isnt bad, the right tackle, Adeniji, was a turn style at guard last season, he is a better tackle but not starter material.  The LT is our 2nd round major bust who has been at guard the 2 years we have had him, although he played LT at Clemson.  We were shocked they put him in at tackle last week.  He really struggles.

I could see the Bills getting very good penetration and pressure, but dont let it fool you on your way to KC, it was more our bad oline than your guys all of a sudden becoming awesome rushers, and KC has a better oline than either of us.

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Nick Wright doesn't like you guys, but.....  I honestly believe, that due to his ego, he detests the Bengals but pumps us up just in case we stay undefeated with those Chiefs then he has an out.  He talked so much trash about the Bengals last season before we beat them in the regular season and then again in the playoffs.  He predicted we would get a payback this season but we won again, so I really think he is trying to cover his ass.  

Josh at #5 is a total joke and looking for hits.  He should be #2 or #3 - the drop off is steep after the top 3 guys. IMHO

That makes sense I don’t watch or pay attention to him a lot but he really can’t talk about burrow being 0-3 vs them So his easy out is the bills and Allen to avoid being wrong about his bengals take. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

Hmm...how to explain the mid-roll acceleration?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pains me to say but I’m betting against the Bills this week. Big money on Cincinnati. Lock off the week. I can’t see the Bills winning this game.

Based off what?  What concerns you the most? 

The Bengals went after us in that first quarter, like most teams do, but this seemed chippier like “we are the afc champs and we are tired of hearing about you.”

Good…I hope the Bills are ready right from the start this time. 

The brotherhood after glow should carry on, but our guys have to remember who they are and get after it…hard.

Respect your opponent, but let them know who you are.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Pains me to say but I’m betting against the Bills this week. Big money on Cincinnati. Lock off the week. I can’t see the Bills winning this game.

I hope you lose your shirt!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bet against your team..you always lose

Loser

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can't believe it's been this long since a Bills vs. Bengals playoff game.

The good old days. Were you alive when this game was played? Do you remember it?

I was really bummed, at age 14. We had started 11-1 but ran out of gas and finished 12-4, we had an amazing defense and an okay offense (Kelly threw 15 TDs and 17 picks on the season) with a promising rookie named Thurman Thomas.

Recently I read a great oral history of this game from the Athletic. I learned that Bruce was absolutely unblockable until he got injured and that took a lot out of our team.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

We knew this. Bills can’t rely on pass rush to win the game. McD and Co will be burning the midnight oil devising a scheme to win…

You can rely on getting there with 4. McDermott needs to take the headset from Fraizer and dial up pressure. Leslie Is never going to do it. He will keep running the same thing over and over regardless praying Burrow gets bored and makes bad throws. That’s not going to happen. We need to sent heat all game because we won’t get there with 4.

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

I can tell everyone here that every post I have seen about Allen on our boards has been very positive and respectful.  Maybe we know ball better than guys like this, but this is such a garbage disrespectful take and it is posts like this that are showing up on our board.  We have disphists like this as well but they are usually corrected pretty quick by those who know ball.

Neither team has played close to potential, not sure how terrible our oline backups will limit our playbook...

You comparing the Bengals to the Bears?

you don't know ball better than me... i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash. if you want to have a game of this i have some time. so i ask, where am i wrong? 

ask me after the game. i'll be sweet, and kind and tell you joe burrow saves children from orphanages and donates his paycheck to save humpback whales.

seriosuly... lets go a few rounds and debate where i am wrong. i could use some practice.

edit... your 10x double down on the dirty play of the bengals is bizzare and why i don't think you can be non bias. between the TE cheapshot and the henrickson roll... the bengals are like they were 15 years ago... dirty, gritty players.

Edited by boyst
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boyst said:

you don't know ball better than me... i am this arrogant because i know i know football. &  i am just disrespectful toward cinci trash. if you want to have a game of this i have some time. so i ask, where am i wrong? 

ask me after the game. i'll be sweet, and kind and tell you joe burrow saves children from orphanages and donates his paycheck to save humpback whales.

seriosuly... lets go a few rounds and debate where i am wrong. i could use some practice.

edit... your 10x double down on the dirty play of the bengals is bizzare and why i don't think you can be non bias. between the TE cheapshot and the henrickson roll... the bengals are like they were 15 years ago... dirty, gritty players.

This guy is the worst poster on this board, in record time too

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, arcane said:

His name's Caesar, might as well be Cobb or Waldorf, he keeps tossing up servings of roughage incessantly and everyone keeps chowing down on it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, arcane said:

no he is not. not by a wide margin. he's not bad, really. and for being a fan of another team he's reasonable.

he and patsfannh are both the glaring examples of fans of the other team. just as we would be. they'll defend the illogical, they'll cheer the smallest victory. they'll cry afoul at the littlest detail. we would do the same. where many people get annoying and think poorly of them is they have a different viewpoint - that's how sports work. the game is subjective. there are only 5 to 6 players that are truly the best in the game - the rest of the entire game is debatable. no one can contest jefferson is the best wr in a long time, donald is one of the best defenders ever, henry has been the best back of the last 5 years, and tom brady is a ridicuslously evil person who tortures small children feed his soul and keep his youth.

i could give you a laundry list of worst posters on this forum.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Caesar said:

I have respected the Bengals, the coaching staff (even going back to Marvin Lewis), their fans, and a lot of their players for a long time. Andy Dalton and Tyler Boyd basically ended our Playoff drought against the Ravens. I also gained even more respect for the staff and some of the players after that Monday night situation. I've always liked Burrow going back to his days at LSU. The guy is a special QB. You could see it then and how it has translated now. He's one of the calmest QB's I've ever seen in the pocket, no matter what's going on around him, or the situation at hand. He reminds me a lot of Joe Montana. You all have a really good team from top to bottom. It's why you made the SB last year. 

Your boy Hendrickson though? He's piece of crap, dirty player. You can post your videos and homer fan takes to go along with them, but you see Hendrickson look straight at Josh's legs before he whips his body over and into him. Regardless of anything you or any other Cincy homer will say, it is pretty obvious exactly what took place. This isn't the first time he's pulled some crap like that either. There have been other instances of his dirty tactics on display going back to his time in NO. Hitting guys low, hitting guys late, stuff like he did with Josh Allen. Heck, this past weekend he plowed into the back of an unsuspecting Ravens' OL'man who was engaged blocking someone else and ended up being hurt on the play. I think he returned to the game later, but it was still a b*tch move on Hendrickson's part. Hayden Hurst as well. Another piece of crap, dirty player. Using all his weight to purposely drive a guy's head into the ground. :censored: both of those guys and I hope they get what they deserve for purposely trying to injure other players. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 7