We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, wjag said:

Should be an interesting game plan this week.  I don't get the sense that Cincy modifies their offensive game plan week-to-week.  Hopefully Buffalo facing Hill and Waddle twice in four weeks have paid some coverage dividends.  The DLINE needs to get home.  Would really love to see a ball control, clock eating set of drives from Buffalo.  Practice this week, because if it works, you are going to need it again the following week.

The Bengals run D isn't that great is it?  I think we moved the ball against them well on the ground during week 17

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

The great equalizer is turnovers. Josh has 19 this year, most of any QB. It can't always be bombs away. Situational football at times calls for keeping a drive alive and eating clock. A few long drives ala the Rams game would be most welcome against Burrow & Co. 

I like this take. I keep hearing today that you can't look at past games to determine future games. This is true, but what's also true is Josh has been turning over the ball....a lot. It's not even debatable. Why they went away from the fast pass game they had at the beginning is beyond me. Cook is open a lot and often overlooked. I thought this is why we got this guy. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

If we still had Von, I wouldn't be too worried about this game.  Cincy has a tough situation w/ that O-line right now.  As it is, we should still be able to create a lot of pressure. 

I don't think Allen really turned into a pumpkin yesterday - the picks really weren't his fault, and the way the rush was on the fumble, he didn't even have time to tuck the ball back in.  Obviously, we have to clean up the mistakes, but I don't expect a repeat of yesterday or anything close to it. And I think the Bengals will have challenges stopping both our run game and the pass attack.

In a way, I'm glad it worked out this way.  I want to see how we match up w/ that team.  This will likely be the 1st of many times we'll see them in January.

Yea a blatant helmet to helmet hit on allen not called on that fumble return...if that was mahomes or Brady there would be 100 flags on the field 

FB_IMG_1673897052158.jpg

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I like this take. I keep hearing today that you can't look at past games to determine future games. This is true, but what's also true is Josh has been turning over the ball....a lot. It's not even debatable. Why they went away from the fast pass game they had at the beginning is beyond me. Cook is open a lot and often overlooked. I thought this is why we got this guy. 

Josh first int was a bad read by smoke....his 2nd was Beasley getting mauled with dpi and no call.....his fumble he was hit helmet to helmet and again no flag

......so as bad as it seems Allen was with turnovers yesterday only 1 of them should have stood if the game was called fair...two of his 3 turnovers yesterday were entirely not his fault

FB_IMG_1673897052158.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

17 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

The Bengals run D isn't that great is it?  I think we moved the ball against them well on the ground during week 17

Yea I’m confused why people are assuming we would’ve lost that game…we were steamrolling their defensive line and their offensive line was holding for dear life on the other side 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Yea a blatant helmet to helmet hit on allen not called on that fumble return...if that was mahomes or Brady there would be 100 flags on the field 

FB_IMG_1673897052158.jpg

Josh first int was a bad read by smoke....his 2nd was Beasley getting mauled with dpi and no call.....his fumble he was hit helmet to helmet and again no flag

......so as bad as it seems Allen was with turnovers yesterday only 1 of them should have stood if the game was called fair...two of his 3 turnovers yesterday were entirely not his fault

FB_IMG_1673897052158.jpg

Dang didn't see the helmet to helmet live. Refs yesterday. Ughh. Yeah Romo was saying that smoke ran the top of the route wrong. And Beasley is for sure not on josh. I was a little disappointed in 2 long shots to gabe in a row rather than taking something else the D was giving you. At that point in the game, putting a drive together would have been better imo. Funny thing is if any of those big plays worked......

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yea I’m confused why people are assuming we would’ve lost that game…we were steamrolling their defensive line and their offensive line was holding for dear life on the other side 

To make any assumption of winner/loser 9-10 minutes into an NFL game is absolutely absurd.

I mean if the Chargers/Jags game was called off even 5 minutes into the 2nd who would you pick as the winner?

They play all 4 quarters for a reason.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Dang didn't see the helmet to helmet live. Refs yesterday. Ughh. Yeah Romo was saying that smoke ran the top of the route wrong. And Beasley is for sure not on josh. I was a little disappointed in 2 long shots to gabe in a row rather than taking something else the D was giving you. At that point in the game, putting a drive together would have been better imo. Funny thing is if any of those big plays worked......

yeah, if you watch the video (I posted it in Post Gameday Thread) you definitely hear and see Josh's head get knocked back pretty damn hard.  

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

Have to think that the comments on the improved Bengals O-line are dated now that three of their starting players are down and probably out. Capps and their LT were good to go Jan 2 when the piece was written. I wonder how much that would change their analysis. 

that O-line was never good

6 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

To make any assumption of winner/loser 9-10 minutes into an NFL game is absolutely absurd.

I mean if the Chargers/Jags game was called off even 5 minutes into the 2nd who would you pick as the winner?

They play all 4 quarters for a reason.

Yeah. Even our game. We steamrolled the Dolphins right. First quarter 14-0. Bills 182 yards Dolphins 14 yards. Game over right? 

Its just such a silly notion to think that could be indicative of an entire game.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Looks like Jonah Williams is not playing...Zac Taylor confirmed it's a dislocated kneecap and both him and their starting guard Cappa were termed week to week...in McD land that means out for the next game.

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Looks like Jonah Williams is not playing...Zac Taylor confirmed it's a dislocated kneecap and both him and their starting guard Cappa were termed week to week...in McD land that means out for the next game.

But is it the same in Taylor land? 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

that O-line was never good

They tried to fix it off-season. Based on their performance until mid-season their moves appeared to have failed, but they jelled after that and were playing well. I think that's why some of the football pros in the article had good things to say about it. If Williams, Cappa and Collins are out they are personnel-wise probably in worse shape than they were last year, when they were awful.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I swear there was a thing going around all week that no wildcard team with a spread as big as the Bills has ever won or hasnt won since the 70's or something stupid.  Regardless if true or not these types of things are meaningless.

There was. Teams in the WC that are 10+ point favorites were 11-0

13-0 after SF and Buf

I agree the stat that was mentioned is ridiculous.  About giving up 30+ . We out gained them by almost 200 yards, just a bunch of dumb mistakes they took advantage of , that can definitely get cleaned up

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 4