We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

8 minutes ago, CoffeeDrip said:

But is it the same in Taylor land? 

I would find it hard to believe a player could player 7 days after dislocating a kneecap. Considered a 3-6 week recovery time.

Apparently it's the second time this year he has had the same injury.

Edited by Big Turk

30 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

Yes I do, it’s a bad matchup for us. Really bad. 

I don’t see it honestly…especially with their oline banged up.  At worst it’s 50/50 and I’d lean towards the home team.  On this board we have made it a habit to give our division opponents absolutely zero credit but Miami has a bunch of talent in the front 7.  I don’t think any other team could or would emulate Miami’s gameplan from yesterday.  It was literally the opposite of how I’d play the bills but their only chance was if they forced some turnovers and we were off on the deep throws 

21 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

There was. Teams in the WC that are 10+ point favorites were 11-0

13-0 after SF and Buf

I agree the stat that was mentioned is ridiculous.  About giving up 30+ . We out gained them by almost 200 yards, just a bunch of dumb mistakes they took advantage of , that can definitely get cleaned up

Idk what it was but that sun heading to the west end zone seemed to be messin up everybody…couple uncharacteristic drops from Miami headed that way and shakir dropped a ball that hit him straight between the numbers and brown lost that ball in the air that ended up getting picked 

if you made that exact game a night game I’m curious what the score would’ve been 😂

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Virgil said:

I wonder why the line jumped from -3 to -5 since last night

100% has to be the Oline injuries for Cincy.  

That should be a massive deal.  

But I have so little confidence in the Dline right now.  Nothing against their talent it’s that Rousseau needs help he’s not getting home and is DE1 by a mile so seeing more attention.  Oliver is nowhere near 100%.  Neither is Philips.  Something happened to Settle in practice last week.

The Bengals made it clear last time.  They don’t respect this defense at all.  “We ain’t the Ravens.”  

Need 40 points.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They had 2 first downs in the second half.

You are good with how they played on defense yesterday against a 3rd string rookie 7th round QB? If that’s the case then agree to disagree. They dropped huge passes yesterday that are big plays and beat us. I’m not ok whatsoever with the Defense. If you are good, it is what it is.

• Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But I have so little confidence in the Dline right now.  Nothing against their talent it’s that Rousseau needs help he’s not getting home and is DE1 by a mile so seeing more attention.  Oliver is nowhere near 100%.  Neither is Philips.  Something happened to Settle in practice last week.

The Bengals made it clear last time.  They don’t respect this defense at all.  “We ain’t the Ravens.”  

Need 40 points.  

I feel like this is one of those things we hype all week "The o line is terrible 3 starters out, its in shambles" and then we are left scratching our heads with 0 sacks and the qb having all the time in the world. 

So I am not assuming anything yet. 

4 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

You are good with how they played on defense yesterday against a 3rd string rookie 7th round QB? If that’s the case then agree to disagree. They dropped huge passes yesterday that are big plays and beat us. I’m not ok whatsoever with the Defense. If you are good, it is what it is.

Yes. Defense was phenomenal yesterday. The 3rd string 7th round QB had one drive all game that would have put them in field goal range (let alone TD) if the Offense/Special teams didn't give huge field advantage.

Edit: I mean literally the guy had 8 drives of less than 10 yards. 11 drives less than 20 yards.

319198054_1195589614727113_8096221041719136986_n.jpg

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I feel like this is one of those things we hype all week "The o line is terrible 3 starters out, its in shambles" and then we are left scratching our heads with 0 sacks and the qb having all the time in the world. 

I’ve seen the Jets and Dolphins scrubs hold up well enough to know that this should not be taken for granted by anyone that Cincy will have a hard time with our front 4.  

They needed all kinds of blitzes I’m willing to bet Miami wasn’t expecting much of in order to get home.  I don’t recall seeing Edmonds blitz that much.  Maybe it was only a few times but felt like half a dozen.   

51 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

There was. Teams in the WC that are 10+ point favorites were 11-0

13-0 after SF and Buf

I agree the stat that was mentioned is ridiculous.  About giving up 30+ . We out gained them by almost 200 yards, just a bunch of dumb mistakes they took advantage of , that can definitely get cleaned up

Well, give the Dolphins credit. The sack-fumble was a nice play by the DE, the coverage on the Beasley interception was spot on, and that deep interception by Xavien Howard was impressive. They also shut down the run well and adjusted well after the first quarter, basically taking Diggs out of the game and making Allen rely on drop-prone Davis, a rookie, and two semi-retired has-beens, a smart plan. The Bills won because they're just better, sort of like the heavier guy ultimately winning in a fight. But it wasn't just the Bills being dumb; the Dolphins came to play. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Yes. Defense was phenomenal yesterday. The 3rd string 7th round QB had one drive all game that would have put them in field goal range (let alone TD) if the Offense/Special teams didn't give huge field advantage.

Edit: I mean literally the guy had 8 drives of less than 10 yards. 11 drives less than 20 yards.

319198054_1195589614727113_8096221041719136986_n.jpg

Miami had armstead play which made a huge difference..  the other guys that were out are so bad that their replacements weren’t that big of a downgrade.  Eichenberg is absolutely horrible and shell is pretty bad.  No armstead and they would have gotten obliterated 

Miami runs a lot of heavy sets too so they can gameplan around missing some offensive linemen a little more successfully 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’ve seen the Jets and Dolphins scrubs hold up well enough to know that this should not be taken for granted by anyone that Cincy will have a hard time with our front 4.  

They needed all kinds of blitzes I’m willing to bet Miami wasn’t expecting much of in order to get home.  I don’t recall seeing Edmonds blitz that much.  Maybe it was only a few times but felt like half a dozen.   

On that we disagree. As I said above, the defense was phenomenal against Miami.

I just meant it more as a knock on wood thing. Any time we say X part of the Bills game plan should be great against an opponent, it feels like it just isn't. Maybe its BBFS but is it BBFS if comes true sometimes?

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I wonder why the line jumped from -3 to -5 since last night

Caught me off guard too.  Two thoughts.  Ravens held their offense in check.  LT went down making that 3 of 5 starters out in two weeks.

Just now, What a Tuel said:

I watched a game that if not for a few drops by Miami they have the lead in the first quarter.  

And, did anyone watching think if Tua was there they could have easily scored 30 without the TOs?  

I saw a defense get bailed out by a rookie QB that had no business playing.  

Look it’s not their fault.  I’ve said this it’s the injuries.  We’re at critical mass.  We should be operating as if we won’t be able to stop or slow down enough any of the remaining teams.   

Allen and the O yesterday had a lot of that “we ain’t losing this game anyway” once we went up 17-0 because of the QB on the other side.  Can’t play like that anymore.  

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I just meant it more as a knock on wood thing. Any time we say X part of the Bills game plan should be great against an opponent, it feels like it just isn't. Maybe its BBFS but is it BBFS if comes true sometimes?

The offense is gameplanning around missing a starter too keep in mind lol they’re not just gonna leave some talentless hack on an island one on one. If the OL guy they’re replacing was responsible for picking up assignments one on one because the offensive scheme relies on flooding the field with wrs then you could start seeing major issues. Miami could run a one man route to tyreek hill and he’d still get open if Thompson can buy enough time 😂

19 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Need 40 points.  

We will need 38-40+. Just because a couple olineman might be out, our DL post Von acl has been underwhelming. If Joe is given too much time we're in trouble.

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I am scared to effing death.  Where has our pass rush been?  I understand losing Miller is a big loss but against 3 back up lineman, we didn’t dominate upfront.

I worry that Rousseau has hit the wall this season. He didn't play football in 2021 and only started 15 games in college. Realistically he was never going to reach his full potential until year 3 but because of Miller's injury we've had to give him more snaps than we'd like the past few weeks. A weakened Rousseau and an uninspiring cast of pass rushers around him does not bode well for a 3 game run against championship caliber teams. But that's what we'll have to overcome.

• Agree 2