We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

7 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

He legit dislocated his patella and missed no time?  That's pretty out of the norm for such an injury.  I suppose if there was no damage to the soft tissue whatsoever, it's possible, but like I said, not typical.  Even with no damage, it's still going to be very painful and inflamed.  

didn't mahomes dislocate his kneecap on a qb sneak last year and go right back in after getting it popped back in place?

2 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

didn't mahomes dislocate his kneecap on a qb sneak last year and go right back in after getting it popped back in place?

No Mahomes dislocated his voice box. They just left it out and hence why he speaks like a frog. 

• Haha (+1) 12

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

Mahomes missed time a couple years ago with this injury.  My knee cap pops out every now and again and let me tell you, it hurts.  It swells up and it's hard just to walk up stairs for a week.  He could possibly play next week but it will pop out again easier and each time it makes it weaker and weaker.  

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Mahomes missed time a couple years ago with this injury.  My knee cap pops out every now and again and let me tell you, it hurts.  It swells up and it's hard just to walk up stairs for a week.  He could possibly play next week but it will pop out again easier and each time it makes it weaker and weaker.  

your right. he missed a couple weeks and was in a lot of pain when it happened 

23 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Somehow you think Buffalo has saints on their team? Have to have confidence to play in this league. I hope cincy loses by 50, but that's not much to get riled up about.

Of course not. But McDermott said that the Bills have to play better to keep winning. He acknowledged that the game didn’t go as planned. The Bengals act like another AFC Championship is their birthright. Their fans, especially the casual fans, all feel that way too. Maybe it doesn’t bother you, but I have to live here. 

2 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

On the rare occasion I post on another teams forum I always start with "I'm a Bills fan and here's my two cents for what it's worth".  I like hearing from other fans as long as I know who they're team is.  If they come on here and throw out crap without identifying their rooting interests then they're just trolling.

There is a growing number of posters here who are fans of other teams. As the Bills have had more success the number has grown. I have been a member here for 15 years and came to the board for 5 years before that.

I appreciate you saying what you did. Being genuine is usually the way to go in any aspect of life. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Comebackkid said:

Could’ve been less damage to the knee groove in mahomes’ case.  There’s definitely varying severities…could be a pretty big injury risk to the ligaments too if you’re playing through that 

I had a friend playing basketball through a kneecap injury and it ended up leading to him tearing his acl 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Don't know where to bring this up other than here...

So... I had heard on the radio before the Dolphins game that the AP reported Hamlin would be attending the game, but Hamlin tweeted that instead he would be staying home.

Was the AP wrong that he planned to attend? I think it was at least a thought on his part

https://www.outkick.com/damar-hamlin-plans-to-attend-sundays-playoff-game-and-he-wants-it-to-go-a-special-way/

Soooo... wild and crazy thought here... did Hamlin plan to attend the game but either choose on his own or be told to stay home instead by McDermott and company? And not even for health reasons... more for "we're obviously going to win this game so it won't be my/your last chance" reason.

Basically (and after the way Buffalo played, you wonder), did Buffalo just plan on Hamlin showing up at the Divisional round game as an emotional lift because they didn't think it was remotely necessary against the Dolphins?

I think Hamlin is at the game this weekend. Considering the opponent, there should be a lot of emotion for both teams.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't know where to bring this up other than here...

So... I had heard on the radio before the Dolphins game that the AP reported Hamlin would be attending the game, but Hamlin tweeted that instead he would be staying home.

Was the AP wrong that he planned to attend? I think it was at least a thought on his part

https://www.outkick.com/damar-hamlin-plans-to-attend-sundays-playoff-game-and-he-wants-it-to-go-a-special-way/

Soooo... wild and crazy thought here... did Hamlin plan to attend the game but either choose on his own or be told to stay home instead by McDermott and company? And not even for health reasons... more for "we're obviously going to win this game so it won't be my/your last chance" reason.

Basically (and after the way Buffalo played, you wonder), did Buffalo just plan on Hamlin showing up at the Divisional round game as an emotional lift because they didn't think it was remotely necessary against the Dolphins?

I think Hamlin is at the game this weekend. Considering the opponent, there should be a lot of emotion for both teams.

I hope he stays home to be honest. They don't need that emotion or distraction. 

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The line is -5 now??? Glad Vegas has more confidence than we do I guess. I already bet my entire bankroll on Bengals +4.5 last night. Line then dropped to +4 and now it is at +5. Don’t get it. One of those games where I strongly disagree. 

I think it just means everybody is betting on the Bills, so Vegas moves the line to entice people to bet on the Bengals.

4 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think it just means everybody is betting on the Bills, so Vegas moves the line to entice people to bet on the Bengals.

Yeah for sure. Just surprised all the love for the Bills. Seems like a really big number against IMO the best or second best team in the conference. I view the Bengals as a stiffer challenge than the Chiefs. But again, Vegas, the money would likely see the Chiefs as the bigger challenge. 

Chiefs have lost five of their last six to the Bills and Bengals for a reason. They are not as good as those two teams.