We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That’s actually a bit frightening. 

The real Captain  Checkdown  has 7 super rings.  

He won those in an era when checkdowns and WR screens were edgy. Recall before that time it was sexy to call a RB draw on 3rd and 15+?

The new checkdown is the 50 yard bomb. Same way the NBA has evolved into 40 3 point attempts per game, the NFL has evolved into a deep shots are better than checkdown league.  

3 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Go watch this video and tell me that you don't want to beat the heck out of this cocky team on Sunday. 

https://www.bengals.com/video/wild-card-game-balls-locker-room-celebration-2023

Somebody said that they saw on NFL network that he's out, but who knows. The Bengals, like Bill Belichick, are cagey with injury reports.

The Bengals do NOT seem cocky or arrogant in their locker room celebration video. They seem determined and happy. However...

after Trey Hendrickson's obvious and despicable attempt to injure Josh Allen (his momentum has stopped as he lands on all fours, and then WHOOPSY he violently flops onto Allen's ankle)

I'm having a harder time being objective about the Bengals. It's dangerous for the NFL NOT to go back and reconsider what that snake did, because he tried it again, possibly, this weekend against the Ravens, taking out one of their OL (I'm not seeing a video clip or call for review from this past week, but it sure seemed like Hendrickson's "momentum" yet again carried through an opposing player unnecessarily). 

• Agree 1

23 hours ago, chongli said:

Doesn't Jungle Noise not allow posters from other teams? [Not relevant to the post exchange, but just asking.]

Anyone can post on that site. We have several posters that are fans from other teams.  And they do not limit the post count for new posters....

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow is Captain Checkdown aka Mac Jones-Brock Purdy. He doesn’t scare me and he shouldn’t scare you. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That’s actually a bit frightening. 

The real Captain  Checkdown  has 7 super rings.  

You guys laugh, but the reason that the media loves Burrow and Herbert so much is that they pass the “Tom Brady Eye Test.” Maybe that’s better, I don’t know. But I do know that Allen and Mahomes are more fun to watch. Also, Josh better hurdle someone this Sunday. It’s the playoffs.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

The Bengals do NOT seem cocky or arrogant in their locker room celebration video. They seem determined and happy. However...

after Trey Hendrickson's obvious and despicable attempt to injure Josh Allen (his momentum has stopped as he lands on all fours, and then WHOOPSY he violently flops onto Allen's ankle)

I'm having a harder time being objective about the Bengals. It's dangerous for the NFL NOT to go back and reconsider what that snake did, because he tried it again, possibly, this weekend against the Ravens, taking out one of their OL (I'm not seeing a video clip or call for review from this past week, but it sure seemed like Hendrickson's "momentum" yet again carried through an opposing player unnecessarily). 

Why doesnt anyone play this in real time? The Bills OT pushed a a full momentum 280 pound guy and you think he can just stop?  The silliness of this opinion is being spoke about for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow is Captain Checkdown aka Mac Jones-Brock Purdy. He doesn’t scare me and he shouldn’t scare you. 

Burrow is = Mac Jones?

Not hard to see who doesn't know ball around here.  We have our unintelligent ones as well..

11 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Anyone can post on that site. We have several posters that are fans from other teams.  And they do not limit the post count for new posters....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL-Discussion

"JUNGLE NOISE

The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals. {This section is for BENGALS FANS ONLY.}"

jungle.jpg

And recently, a poster here (@KDIGGZ) was banned or suspended from that forum for being a fan of Buffalo.

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/15/2023 at 11:40 PM, Punch said:

This is ridiculous, Romo loves Allen—- he called him “Mr. January” and waxes poetic about how great he is every chance. If he’s biased in any way it’s in how he plays up both teams whether warranted or not out of necessity.

You must be reading between the lines. Romo only does that once Allen makes a play and absolutely forces him to gush. Otherwise it’s backhanded slights on the regular.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, chongli said:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL-Discussion

"JUNGLE NOISE

The place to discuss anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Bengals. {This section is for BENGALS FANS ONLY.}"

jungle.jpg

And recently, a poster here was banned or suspended from that forum for being a fan of Buffalo.

Interesting, never noticed that, we have other teams fans on the site tonight.  One of the names is Packer something, so Im not sure they adhere to that description.  I hope they dont.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Why doesnt anyone play this in real time? The Bills OT pushed a a full momentum 280 pound guy and you think he can just stop?  The silliness of this opinion is being spoke about for sure. 

Burrow is = Mac Jones?

Not hard to see who doesn't know ball around here.  We have our unintelligent ones as well..

Watch it again, realizing that Hendrickson slows and braces himself on all fours, then somehow accelerates again into the QB's ankle.

There was a broadcast replay angle that showed us all Hendrickson's eyes pausing, then rolling left dramatically to locate Allen with the effort of a deliberate maneuver. It happened. I'm not a conspiracy-minded fellow. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Caesar said:

Interesting, never noticed that, we have other teams fans on the site tonight.  One of the names is Packer something, so Im not sure they adhere to that description.  I hope they dont.

Yeah, I hope not too! (Also, I edited my post above after you posted to point out that post where the poster was banned/suspendered.)

Just now, Richard Noggin said:

Watch it again, realizing that Hendrickson slows and braces himself on all fours, then somehow accelerates again into the QB's ankle.

When we do same thing to Burrow Bengals fans will say it was a football play. 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Burrow is = Mac Jones?

This is our board. We can talk smack about next week’s opponent just like posters on Jungle Noise have a lot to say about Josh (I lurk). Of course Joe Burrow is great. Objectively speaking, the game is in a really good place with 3-5 great young QBs in the AFC. Even if that number is 3, both Burrow and Allen are in that group. I would take our guy over anyone. I’m sure you feel the same. I don’t know who win on Sunday, but the game should have a lot of points. Enjoy.

3 hours ago, f0neguy said:

I read somewhere today that their LT also dislocated his kneecap the first time they played the Ravens this season.  He played the following week.  Don’t know how much it affected his play.

He played, awful, gave up 3 sacks to the Browns.  

Terrible game.  We were blown out.
LT was hobbled.
Chase was out.
Lost our CB1 that game.
A young assistant coach died the night before.

Just now, Caesar said:

He played, awful, gave up 3 sacks to the Browns.  

Terrible game.  We were blown out.
LT was hobbled.
Chase was out.
Lost our CB1 that game.
A young assistant coach died the night before.

That is true about the coach dying. I always forget about that. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is our board. We can talk smack about next week’s opponent just like posters on Jungle Noise have a lot to say about Josh (I lurk). Of course Joe Burrow is great. Objectively speaking, the game is in a really good place with 3-5 great young QBs in the AFC. Even if that number is 3, both Burrow and Allen are in that group. I would take our guy over anyone. I’m sure you feel the same. I don’t know who win on Sunday, but the game should have a lot of points. Enjoy.

I absolutely agree about the QBs, if Herbert ever gets good coaching he and Lawrence are not far behind, IMO.

I wish our oline was healthy for the game, our playbook dwindles down with so much pressure.

4 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

When we do same thing to Burrow Bengals fans will say it was a football play. 

Actually we can see a large edge rusher moving toward the QB and pushed down yet still attempting to pull his legs up is quite obvious.  That said you are correct in that we have dumbasses that only see things thru orange glasses but they are usually corrected or ignored.

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow is a bit frail. I hope his OL holds up. 

Joe’s a tough dude. I going to say this as both an insult and a compliment: Joe Burrow takes a sack better than anyone in the NFL. Josh could learn a lot from him about holding on to the ball when getting blasted by two 300 pound dudes.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

Burrow is a bit frail. I hope his OL holds up. 

Joe did have an ACL in year one that would be an ACL for any QB, even your Never Injured Iron Man...

Sep 12, 2015.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen broke his right clavicle in 7 different places in his 1st career start at Wyoming.

Nov 11, 2017.  Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Allen missed the final 2 regular-season games with a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder. He was able to return for the bowl game.

Oct 28, 2011.  Shoulder Clavicle Fracture Allen missed 4 games of his sophomore season of high school with a broken right collarbone.

Oct 14, 2018.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen missed 4 games with a right elbow injury. Specifically, the injury was to his UCL.

Sep 29, 2019.  Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Allen left his team's Week 4 game against the New England Patriots in the fourth quarter with a head injury. He was available for the next game

Dec 12, 2021. Pedal Toe Turf Toe Allen suffered a turf toe injury in Week 14's loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Nov 6, 2022.  Arm Elbow Sprain Allen suffered a UCL injury late in Week 9.

It's football, guys get hurt.  Joe is still 6-4, 218 he isnt Tua.