Hyde and Crowder practicing! 21-Day practice windows opened *UPDATE* Hyde out WC and Divisional

Process

17 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't see why people do this, he will play when he is ready. Why are doctors, coaches, and his own opinion disregarded in favor of an arbitrary line in the sand of 3 weeks from now instead of 2? Have some trust in the professionals.

Because it's not arbitrary, there is a rule we're following. The team has 21 days (3 weeks) from first practice, and then they have to make a decision to put him on the active roster or IR him.

Phenomenal news. Hyde would massively upgrade this D

And Damar is back at OBD I'm sure and his brothers have the chance to hug him and embrace him in person. This terrible situation couldn't have gone any better. Miraculous really

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 2

I dont listen to Wgr, but my Bills buddy just text me and said Edmunds was on and said he wouldn't be suprised to see Hyde play Sunday.  I would think Tremaine knows more about the situation than we do.

3 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I dont listen to Wgr, but my Bills buddy just text me and said Edmunds was on and said he wouldn't be suprised to see Hyde play Sunday.  I would think Tremaine knows more about the situation than we do.

If he's in a non-contact jersey today, I see the likelihood of that being pretty low.  Not saying I wouldn't welcome it though.

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

If he's in a non-contact jersey today, I see the likelihood of that being pretty low.  Not saying I wouldn't welcome it though.

I agree, I dont see it happening this week for several reasons.  It does give you a little insight of where Hyde is as far as being ready to play.  I think he is in next week.

• Like (+1) 1

Really unbelievable. But after a year of so much bad news and pain, the pendulum had to swing to the other side at some point.

I'm calling it here: Crowder will make a substantial difference on the field during the playoffs (if he plays a game): our slot position will be far more productive with him than without. Might not happen this week (if he plays) but by the divisional round, yes, everyone will be glad Crowder came back.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Nephilim17 said:

Really unbelievable. But after a year of so much bad news and pain, the pendulum had to swing to the other side at some point.

I'm calling it here: Crowder will make a substantial difference on the field during the playoffs (if he plays a game): our slot position will be far more productive with him than without. Might not happen this week (if he plays) but by the divisional round, yes, everyone will be glad Crowder came back.

He had some awful drops when healthy. We'll see....

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He had some awful drops when healthy. We'll see....

He had a very good body of work with the Jets before he came to the BIlls. People are judging him on a very small sample size and will be proven wrong. Hey, I could be wrong, but that's my prediction. Crow tastes damn good when served with a Buffalo win.

• Like (+1) 1

We lose our 2nd string S to a rare traumatic incident, have to play our 3rd string S.  Now our #1 S is coming back at a time that couldn't be better.  Damar is home when we didn't know if he would survive.  Our team is fairly health with the exception of Von.  What a straight Adrenaline shot to the neck of this team and fans.  

• Like (+1) 3

Wow, if we can get by the Fish this week and Hyde is back, my whole outlook changes.   I had already set my mind to the fact it’s been a crazy year and the injuries just weren’t going to let us have enough to stop real offenses, Allen would have to be Superman or it was over.  If Hyde is back, even a little rusty, he’s still 2x the player if anybody we had back there, that’s HUGE.  

Crowder, probably not going to be a big impact, WR needs some chemistry with the QB to be much and that seems unlikely.  However, if he can move McKittrick to inactive, the addition by subtraction might be enough. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Didn't see this in the thread so far (may have missed it; if so, apologies for repeating):

"Head coach Sean McDermott said both players won't play in Sunday's AFC Wild Card game on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. However, both players are practicing with the team on Wednesday."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-designate-s-micah-hyde-wr-jamison-crowder-to-return-from-ir

I think people realized that, which is why it wasn't mentioned.  Crowder and Hyde will most likely play the Divisional playoffs against whomever (presumably Cincy because Baltimore won't have Lamar).  

6 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Didn't see this in the thread so far (may have missed it; if so, apologies for repeating):

"Head coach Sean McDermott said both players won't play in Sunday's AFC Wild Card game on Sunday against the Miami Dolphins. However, both players are practicing with the team on Wednesday."

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-designate-s-micah-hyde-wr-jamison-crowder-to-return-from-ir

It’s in the title 

• Haha (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

He had a very good body of work with the Jets before he came to the BIlls. People are judging him on a very small sample size and will be proven wrong. Hey, I could be wrong, but that's my prediction. Crow tastes damn good when served with a Buffalo win.

He's had only 5 drops in 173 targets since the beginning of the 2020 season, including a total of zero drops as a Bill.

Edited by Dan Darragh

Both of them could potentially be huge additions to this team.

Crowder could help us at a position that has been weak for us this year from the slot and Hyde would be OMFG huge.  He would most likely be able to step right in without missing a beat.  The defense would instantaneously be upgraded in a big way.

The loss of Hyde has been a blow to this secondary this year and having him there isn't just because for a moral boost but his experience and play would take this defense to a higher level.

3 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

That's fantastic news.  The million-dollar question is how effective would they be at this point after being out for so long?

I still look at both of them as next season guys.  I'd love to be wrong though.

Hyde's physical abilities may not be at peak, but his ability to get guys int he right places, recognize things on the field and communicate is very valuable. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Being medically cleared to return to practice and actually being in game shape and ready to play in a game are two very different things.  Look at how many weeks Tre was practicing before actually returning.

Tre was mental and a knee.

This is a neck. He may have been doing some cardio work. Not dismissing your point because it is valid. But if he can run and is cleared to play from a neck standpoint, then they can use him. Maybe just not every down of every series like before.

3 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Hyde's physical abilities may not be at peak, but his ability to get guys int he right places, recognize things on the field and communicate is very valuable. 

True, but he still has to be able to effectively cover and take hits.  Until we see him at practice taking contact drills, I think it's pretty safe to assume he's not playing until then.  

That's not happening at least until next week at the earliest I understand. We'll have to keep a close eye on practice next week to see if he's a full participant.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.