Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

32 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I think Harty could be. The cost Beane paid says to me he believes he could be too and other people around the league felt the same.

I think we will take a WR and a TE in this Draft. But with the glaring hole at MLB, I don't think we wait until Round 3 to address it. Especially if we take a weapon with our 1st Pick. 

We’ve done it! We’ve reached common ground!  Good post

19 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well I just heard Adam Schefter on NFL Live say the Bills aren’t trading for DHOP meaning get the preorders ready for his Bills Jersey 

didn’t he once say Antonio Brown was a Bill?😆

It’s hilarious Adam said he was asked at a gas station about the Bills and Hopkins

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

You're joking with this, right?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Pro_Bowl_Games

I mean obviously the pro bowl is a joke. And I definitely know the Chiefs have a better oline but I do think fans completely overrate KC’s offensive talent to talk down Mahomes a bit. They have one offensive threat that scares teams and other teams game plan for. 

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

the chappelle show tyrone biggums GIF
The OL comment should get you suspended for a year.  

And no mention on Andy Reid vs Dorsey 

Hilarious gif. But you’re also kidding yourself if you think every sack this season was on the oline. Allen played his part, understandably, by trying to play hero ball. 

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Pro_Bowl_Games

I mean obviously the pro bowl is a joke. And I definitely know the Chiefs have a better oline but I do think fans completely overrate KC’s offensive talent to talk down Mahomes a bit. They have one offensive threat that scares teams and other teams game plan for. 

Hilarious gif. But you’re also kidding yourself if you think every sack this season was on the oline. Allen played his part, understandably, by trying to play hero ball. 

I don't know many folks who believe Mahomes lacks elite talent. Most of them think he benefits from Reid calling the plays and recently a superior oline. Before they had a superior oline, they had Kelce and Hill, so there have always been advantages on that side of the ball.

As far as Allen goes, while I think he got somewhat wild with hero ball tendencies, there are mitigating factors there as well. We don't really know the extent that injury limited his capacities, though there are former players and others who have opined that the nature of his injury made long throws much more feasible. If you add to that significant inadequacies at the slot position and the particular skill set of Davis as outlined in Joe Marino's breakdown (he's not good at short and intermediate routes,) one has a convergence that would dictate a proclivity for the long ball. When one adds to that a subpar oline it is a recipe for problems and its no wonder if Josh got flustered some by all that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You're doubling down on this? How about you name the three Pro Bowl offensive linemen from each team and see if you can spot the difference.

The Eagles nearly broke the NFL single season sack record held by the 1984 Bears. Against the Chiefs offensive line they had... zero sacks.

What are we even doing here?

13 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Please find a way to add 2 marque offensive playmakers 

They will be lucky to get a good contributor in round 1.  Expectation of 1 marquee contributor in a good draft at pick 27 is already a stretch, finding 2 in a weak draft is unlikely.

I never put any stock into what these "reports" say when it comes to what the Bills are trying to do. You have a better chance of getting information from a CIA OP then you do from the Bills. McBean runs an extremely tight ship when it comes to information being leaked to the media.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Poor dude got right once and is gonna milk it for a while, just like IncarceratedBob. 

A broken clock is right twice a day. I'd put more faith in the clock than any "insider" on Twitter

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

This can only be in relation to the possibility of this thread getting to 200 pages. The likelihood of Hopkins coming to Buffalo dwindles by the second…

I think the chances he is traded are increasing the closer we get to the draft 

Just depends where and for how much 

Haven't seen this anywhere.  How about this possibility (Not sure it's allowed?)

3 Team Trade: 

Cardinals receive draft pick or picks
Another team eats 50% of Hopkins salary for this year. (Unsure of 2024 dead cap issues?) This team receives a draft pick for eating the $
Acquiring team receives Hopkins at 50% retained

IF that scenario is considered legal and not cap circumvention....

a rebuilding team who has cap space and wants more draft picks may entertain the idea of eating $ 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Haven't seen this anywhere.  How about this possibility (Not sure it's allowed?)

3 Team Trade: 

Another team eats 50% of Hopkins salary for this year. (Unsure of 2024 dead cap issues?) This team receives a draft pick for eating the $

a rebuilding team who has cap space and wants more draft picks may entertain the idea of eating $ 

Sounds like an NHL trade.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

3 Team Trade: 

I proposed something similar where instead Oliver goes to CHI, Hopkins goes to BUF, and draft picks go to ARI. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'd you notice the page count move more than 3 pages in a single day, then you might have a reason to click it.

are you referring to the 2 quotes below?  #1 Dougherty is click bait candy and the second one?  ECB Bills? Seems to me this is lots of assumption.  Lots of hot air..  You can't possibly take either of this for the net worth of one grain of salt. 

On 4/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, papazoid said:

Bills Trade Proposal Lands DeAndre Hopkins and No. 3 overall Pick from Arizona for Rising Star and multiple draft picks

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-trade-deandre-hopkins-gregory-rousseau/

5 hours ago, The Wiz said:

he's still on about it.  

horse-dead.gif

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

are you referring to the 2 quotes below?  #1 Dougherty is click bait candy and the second one?  ECB Bills? Seems to me this is lots of assumption.  Lots of hot air..  You can't possibly take either of this for the net worth of one grain of salt. 

I think he's just saying if there appear to be a lot of posts in a single day, it will probably indicate that something happened. It has nothing to do with random twitter posts from dubious sources and the like.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I think he's just saying if there appear to be a lot of posts in a single day, it will probably indicate that something happened. It has nothing to do with random twitter posts from dubious sources and the like.

ah thanks for clarification...

• Like (+1) 1

Here’s my pre draft moves. Trade Ed Oliver & either Boogie or AJ to the Texans for their 4th round pick & Jerry Hughes. Then go to Arizona and give them our 4th & their 5th we got for Cody Ford for Hopkins. Then go to the draft and get: 

LB

DT

TE

BPA

BPA

why can’t this work? Where is the issue?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/11/2023 at 4:04 PM, papazoid said:

Bills Trade Proposal Lands DeAndre Hopkins and No. 3 overall Pick from Arizona for Rising Star and multiple draft picks

https://heavy.com/sports/buffalo-bills/bills-trade-deandre-hopkins-gregory-rousseau/

Lol the guy misspelled his own name by one letter because he is definitely a dimwit.

56 minutes ago, papazoid said:

Cardinals’ DeAndre Hopkins teases return to Texans amid trade rumors

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-deandre-hopkins-teases-return-to-texans-amid-trade-rumors/ar-AA19Pl1q

one thing is pretty clear...Dhop wants out

I still don't get the whole "they are letting him talk to teams" thing.

He could talk to every team but at the end of the day the cards have to be willing to deal to the team that he oks and accept the compensation for him.

Feels like it just adds to the complexity of making a deal rather than streamlining it.

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I still don't get the whole "they are letting him talk to teams" thing.

He could talk to every team but at the end of the day the cards have to be willing to deal to the team that he oks and accept the compensation for him.

Feels like it just adds to the complexity of making a deal rather than streamlining it.

I think that usually happens when the offers are either non existent or underwhelming. 

Let the player realize the market. 

Or any potential deal has died because the player wasn’t able to make his contract work with the other team(s). 

Either way, doesn’t seem like it’ll be a big return for DHop. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

Cardinals’ DeAndre Hopkins teases return to Texans amid trade rumors

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/cardinals-deandre-hopkins-teases-return-to-texans-amid-trade-rumors/ar-AA19Pl1q

one thing is pretty clear...Dhop wants out

DHop be like "Damn, everyone knows Buffalo isn't happening. Time to shift my teases to facilitate my move to a different team"

9 hours ago, The Wiz said:

he's still on about it.  

horse-dead.gif

I'll give him credit for going down with the ship. Doubling down on a poor hand in hopes that something miraculous happens rather than backing off.

That said, I'm sure when it doesn't happen, he'll say something like "They really were in it but (whoever trades for him) swooped in at the last second and made a better offer AZ couldn't refuse" to try and save face.

Either way, whether or not it happens, this guy's a nobody who knows nothing.

EDIT: Just noticed he doesn't mention Hopkins, just trades in general. So if they trade for a player, trade up, or trade down, ANY trade - he'll claim he was right. Genius 🤣

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 2

Dhops total cap hit for the next 2 years combined is $57 mil......if they cut him this year. the dead cap is $22.6 mil which could be spread out over 2023 & 2024

it would hurt, but absent a trade.....he's getting cut. expect the cards to wait til the last possible moment and do dhop dirty. no one will have the cap space to add him.

dhop has no guaranteed money remaining on his current deal. its probably in his best interest to make nice with AZ and stay. not sure why he's making waves. i dont see him getting paid more anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'll give him credit for going down with the ship. Doubling down on a poor hand in hopes that something miraculous happens rather than backing off.

That said, I'm sure when it doesn't happen, he'll say something like "They really were in it but (whoever trades for him) swooped in at the last second and made a better offer AZ couldn't refuse" to try and save face.

Either way, whether or not it happens, this guy's a nobody who knows nothing.

EDIT: Just noticed he doesn't mention Hopkins, just trades in general. So if they trade for a player, trade up, or trade down, ANY trade - he'll claim he was right. Genius 🤣

Which is like a weather man in San Diego calling for rain and then stating he meant in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, papazoid said:

NFL Insider Shuts Down DeAndre Hopkins, Jets Trade Speculation

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-insider-shuts-down-deandre-hopkins-jets-trade-speculation/ar-AA19PZW4

if the jets are out, then our chances got better

These so called ‘insiders’ are all a joke. They throw everything out there and hopes one of them sticks. 

• Agree 1