Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

2 minutes ago, twist_to_open said:

Never mind, I think they took them back down,

Yeah, I checked and figured I must be old and unable to navigate the website . . . which of course, still might be true:unsure:

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sketchy source since I really don't know these guys and at least ECB had Edward's tweeted a day before the announcement which makes me feel good with their source. These guys = grain of salt and it looks like they are tagging on, but who knows....

So..  all that Hopkins wants to win and is willing to work on the contract piece… not so much?

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sketchy source since I really don't know these guys and at least ECB had Edward's tweeted a day before the announcement which makes me feel good with their source. These guys = grain of salt and it looks like they are tagging on, but who knows....

Pretty interesting. Actually makes me think it’s more of a formality now that we are going to make it work and get him

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

So..  all that Hopkins wants to win and is willing to work on the contract piece… not so much?

🤷🏻‍♂️ like I said not sure I trust these people, they just seem to be tagging on and not adding much of anything. A quick look on their Twitter feed doesn't show that they scooped anything either...

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

He mentioned that Beane in that situation (and all situations) is a Hardball kind of player. He makes an offer and really never budges from his price. With Ertz, they wouldn't agree to Beane's price - so that was that.

Maybe just once Beane should cross his line. He missed out on Von Miller in 2021 and Christian McCaffrey last year. If it takes a 2nd rounder so be it. We aren't likely to draft a franchise changing player at pick 59. I would trade every player we've picked in the 2nd round since McDermott took over for two years of DeAndre Hopkins. I hope he doesn't pinch pennies over a move that could push us over the hump.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Maybe just once Beane should cross his line. He missed out on Von Miller in 2021 and Christian McCaffrey last year. If it takes a 2nd rounder so be it. We aren't likely to draft a franchise changing player at pick 59. I would trade every player we've picked in the 2nd round since McDermott took over for two years of DeAndre Hopkins. I hope he doesn't pinch pennies over a move that could push us over the hump.

That maccaffery trade was bi kers and I wouldn't have touched that price, I'd even flip 27 this year if I had to. And I do like an RT around that pick too. Aside from OL, wr2 and wr1 and 1b are huge needs. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Looking back I agree, we got Von a year too late. Von just might have pushed us over the edge instead of the 13 sec disaster.  It’s great we kept our Third rounder to select Bernard🙄. Even Cook wasn’t necessarily an immediate need in round 2.

5 minutes ago, StHustle said:

whose jet is that? 🤔

It’s a NetJet, which is the company Bills and tons of other companies use for charter.  It could be chartered by the Bills are any of the thousands of other people, companies or organizations that use NetJets.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, StHustle said:

whose jet is that? 🤔

That's apparently the new Pegula Jet.

They switch to NetJet, or so I read 50ish pages ago.

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is an owners meeting in Phoenix this weekend.

But are McBeane on the plane?

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is an owners meeting in Phoenix this weekend.

I agree that this is most likely what it's for. Though the tea leave readers have argued that it can't be for that. The meeting is on the 26th. But owners and team officials offen arrive early to hang out, shoot the sh-t, and politic before the meetings.

It's much more likely they'd be showing up a day or two early than flying in that very day and flying out. 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Not a tennis fan? Our owners are not on that plane, they are in Miami currently 

I am actually a huge tennis fan. But Terry and Kim don’t go to every match. I’ve seen Jessie play a few times here at the 1000-level tournament here in Cincinnati and they were never there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Not a tennis fan? Our owners are not on that plane, they are in Miami currently 

Do you know that for sure or are you just assuming that they go to every single one of their daughters tennis matches? 

As I said in an earlier post, this is a big weekend for the league and it's quite common that there are meetings before the meetings. Talking about issues and politicking policies that are going to be pitched.

It's very likely that even if they are at most of her games, this would be a situation where business comes first.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

This is getting ridiculous.

So much smoke.  Where's the fire?

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

The smoke is grey, the fire went out. 

Smoke Colors GIF by Douglas Schatz

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

If what is being semi-reported is true… and Arizona doesn’t want to eat any cap, that new GM is going to have to lower his expectations and take a later pick or deal with a disgruntled star on his hands all season.

How about if what is being reported is semi-true?

33 minutes ago, H2o said:

I know what will close the deal......bring in the Ford Taurus. 

Dinner at Tempo... hell have Russ Brandon at the dinner... 

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Do you know that for sure or are you just assuming that they go to every single one of their daughters tennis matches? 

As I said in an earlier post, this is a big weekend for the league and it's quite common that there are meetings before the meetings. Talking about issues and politicking policies that are going to be pitched.

It's very likely that even if they are at most of her games, this would be a situation where business comes first.

Yeah was wondering if he knew that for sure somehow or just an assumption.....

Just now, beebe said:

Just the feeling I get is that Arizona is asking too much. They want to do the move as a full salary dump and still want to get more than Houston got for Cooks along with it.

I know everyone's all "damn the torpedos, do whatever it takes". But if this is true than no GM in the league is cool with taking on that contract or restructuring the deal to include 3 years of paying millions for a guy that won't be on the team to do it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Yeah was wondering if he knew that for sure somehow or just an assumption.....

Can't speak for them, but I get the feeling he's talking in absolutes because he wants to make the flight to Arizona mean more than the obvious of what it truly is.

Edited by BillsFanForever19