Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

duplicate discussion happening. See the one with 26k views. These clips are all in there as well (FYI).

I know, I posted them in there.  But this thread was about would he be available...I think something teasing an actual link to the Bills is worth discussing on its own and more relevant than burying it in this monstrous thread.  

No disrespect to the mods, but sometimes there is part of a story that is worthy discussing on its own that shouldn't be buried in a monstrous thread that many people have already stopped coming to because its 30 pages of the same info being regurgitated over and over again.  So a lot of people miss the new info they may have been interested in.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

This seems like Zach Ertz all over again. Every reporter had him coming here and a lot of the board did as well. I’d love the move but will believe it when I see it. 

Wait, the trade for Ertz is back on?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I hate to be the downer on the party

bean said, no big splashes this year

While I agree with you, he said that last year to then signed Von Miller to a 27 year long contract worth 2.2 Billion :nana:

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I hate to be the downer on the party

bean said, no big splashes this year

I actually don’t even want Hopkins ….  But Beane saying one thing and doing another is not unheard of … this happened before the Von Miller deal

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

sometimes there is part of a story that is worthy discussing on its own that shouldn't be buried in a monstrous thread that many people have already stopped coming to because its 30 pages of the same info being regurgitated over and over again.

With 28000 views and counting, "many people" have not stopped coming here.

And at no point in my tenure as as the local janitor will twitter and IG nonsense ever merit a duplicate thread. 0:)

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Just going to talk about a trade (not Hopkins specific).

NE would acquire a lot of players who were cap casualties.  They'd give up 3rd through 6's for players and usually have comp picks

in those years to offset the trades not hurting the draft..  Then they use the guys for a couple years and move on, acquiring more comp picks when

they hit FA along with some of the guys they just let walk in FA.

Us Bills fans complained for all those years about the "rich getting richer".

I'm not saying it will happen this year with the Bills, but I can see rolling a pick or 2 in trades in the future acquiring guys on shorter

contract lengths with no (or next to none) dead cap.

It's not a bad strategy.

I know I may get hammered for saying this, but I think it's better in a lot of instances than signing big money older player like Von,

who demands a lot of dead cap and longer contracts.

1 minute ago, Billsfan77 said:

Let's say bills go an get dh wouldn't that make diggs more upset for being targeted less

No, Diggs doesnt care about purely "getting targets". He cares about winning. When we are losing, and the offense has stalled, and we arent throwing to him, THEN he says "put it on my back, I GOT YOU".

Having Nuk out there just opens Diggs more, and makes our offense better.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

He’s posted to is IG story again. It’s the two eyes and the words Hollywood Bowl.

He shared someone else’s post who is performing at the Hollywood Bowl.  It’s not referring to anything than him showing excitement about an upcoming concert at Hollywood Bowl

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not true… Diggs stuff was out there for awhile , cooled off and then Bam! 

If they’re in , they will… 

There was not this drawn out will they wont they trade for him.  I was on here.  No threads were made until reports of Buffalo finalizing a trade for diggs.  

3 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

There was not this drawn out will they wont they trade for him.  I was on here.  No threads were made until reports of Buffalo finalizing a trade for diggs.  

1 minute ago, Mat68 said:

Based off the levers in his contract does Hopkins want a raise?   Converting his 19.5 to 4.5 is very doable. 

That's how I remember the Diggs trade too. Catching us by a bit of a surprise a year after it had last been mentioned.

Although, I think it was easier to keep the Diggs trade under wraps since the player wasnt involved. Hopkins I'd think has a trade clause, and even if not, I'm sure the new team would want an agreement on a restructure. So a couple reasons for him to be in the know, and able to troll fans on social media.

Offer them Oliver, 2024 3rd and 6th

they retain 9 Million.  $ is a wash this year.

We restructure / extend 

If we wanted to really gun for it:

convert the base to a bonus and you’ve actually gained cap space for this year….

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2