Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What is the over/under on the percentage of posters that are going to think this guys personal opinion on the best place for Hopkins to play is somehow a rumor showing the Bills are trying to get Hopkins here?  

I'm gonna say 72%

And I will take the over.  

Don't get me wrong, I would love to land Hopkins...but this is a dude talking on TV about where he thinks is the best fit for TV.  It has nothing to do on whether or not the Bills are actually working on this.  

Not true.  Daniel Jeremiah isn't going to mention the Bills as the No.1 potential landing spot unless HE KNOWS we have a real chance of acquiring him.  He is very well connected around the league and his mock drafts end up hitting on a lot of picks 

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why do you always just make things up?  He's rarely "open"???  Might as well tell me you did not watch him play without actually saying you did not watch him play.

He gets open all the time with ease and he is a top 7 WR without question right now.  He played with Murray for 5 games and 2nd and 3rd stringers for 4 games...and yet if you project those 9 games over the full season he would have had 120 rec for almost 1400 yards...again, playing half his time with scrub QB's with little else around him on a bad team.  

Using jargon like “with ease” and “without question” means you’re full of internet fluff. On the other hand, the fact I put “open” in quotes means I used a little nuance. Those weren’t my own observations but rather the local analysis by people who cover the Cardinals every day as opposed to watching your YouTube highlights and reading your fantasy stats.

19 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Its AZ that will say no to that.  They want a good pick and a player.  

I did say "if it's available", which would be a presupposition that AZ would be interested in the deal as stated. "Who says no to that?" is from the Bills perspective. 

I also said earlier in the thread that I think it's unlikely that Hopkins goes to the Bills.

It's fun to speculate. Let people speculate. 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Not true.  Daniel Jeremiah isn't going to mention the Bills as the No.1 potential landing spot unless HE KNOWS we have a real chance of acquiring him.  He is very well connected around the league and his mock drafts end up hitting on a lot of picks 

No, that is not at all what the clip is about.  Have you even watched the clip?  He does not say we are the most likely to get him...that is not remotely what this clip is about.  He said its who HE thinks is the best FIT for Hopkins because he assumes Hopkins wants to play for a contender.  He picked Bills as the best place for him to go, NOT the most likely place he is going to go.  There is literally ZERO information in here suggesting we are the most likely to get him...there is ZERO information in this clip suggesting we are even interested in him.  

You can't look at a clip/article title and form a conclusion, you have to open it and take in the info too.  

4 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Using jargon like “with ease” and “without question” means you’re full of internet fluff. On the other hand, the fact I put “open” in quotes means I used a little nuance. Those weren’t my own observations but rather the local analysis by people who cover the Cardinals every day as opposed to watching your YouTube highlights and reading your fantasy stats.

I actually watched a lot of the Cardinals games last year...so yeah, I will trust watching the guy play vs you googling stuff you didn't watch.  He is still a top 5 route runner in the league and was constantly open.  No one who actually watched him play last year would ever say he was "rarely" open, regardless of your context.  

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No, that is not at all what the clip is about.  Have you even watched the clip?  He does not say we are the most likely to get him...that is not remotely what this clip is about.  He said its who HE thinks is the best FIT for Hopkins because he assumes Hopkins wants to play for a contender.  He picked Bills as the best place for him to go, NOT the most likely place he is going to go.  There is literally ZERO information in here suggesting we are the most likely to get him...there is ZERO information in this clip suggesting we are even interested in him.  

You can't look at a clip/article title and form a conclusion, you have to open it and take in the info too.  

Do you think he wants to look like an idiot? Of course not. He’s not going to say those things unless he knows something

3 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Do you think he wants to look like an idiot? Of course not. He’s not going to say those things unless he knows something

So now we are resorting to just making things up that were not said?  Come on dude...I get everyone wants to get Hopkins, myself included, but this is why so much fake info floats around the internet.  

Could the Bills be interested?  Yes.  Does this clip PROVE they are interested?  Absolutely not.  

It is just his opinion on best fit, that is verbatim what he said.  If he had any info the Bills were looking into Hopkins, he would absolutely state that.  His job is literally to speculate on where he would go and to report all the teams interested in said player.  Reporting teams interested would not make him look like an idiot lol, it is what they do every day.    

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

So now we are resorting to just making things up that were not said?  Come on dude...I get everyone wants to get Hopkins, myself included, but this is why so much fake info floats around the internet.  

Could the Bills be interested?  Yes.  Does this clip PROVE they are interested?  Absolutely not.  

It is just his opinion on best fit, that is verbatim what he said.  If he had any info the Bills were looking into Hopkins, he would absolutely state that.  His job is literally to speculate on where he would go and to report all the teams interested in said player.  Reporting teams interested would not make him look like an idiot lol, it is what they do every day.    

the Bills may have specifically requested he not directly state their interest. He’s not the type to have a segment like that unless he knows that team is actually interested

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the Bills may have specifically requested he not directly state their interest. He’s not the type to have a segment like that unless he knows that team is actually interested

This is like the 3rd straight thing you just made up to validate your belief this segment about Hopkins best fit is somehow some DaVinci Code segment secretly telling the world that he is most likely going to the Bills.  

Its all good man, if you want to jump to all these conclusions to give you hope of a trade, then you do you bud.  I would love to see Hopkins in Buffalo too, so I get the want for that.  And Buffalo very well may be interested, and he could end up a Bill.  But this segment clip just isn't proof or any indication that it is in the works IMHO.  

• Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

We have maybe 7 million dollars of the 43.5 we were able to pull together, when we were already 18.5 over. We have more holes to fill and draft picks to sign.

This concept of "I don't care, just get it done" is childish. The cap can be finessed, but it DOES exist. And he's already finessed it quite a bit just to stay afloat. We went all in last year. We can't do that this year. We're 18+ million over the cap next year already for pushing things down the road all the time.

His cap hit moves from 31 to 19.45. Simply can't afford that. Even if we did move things around further from there (which i'm not sure we can), we still can't afford it. 

And they're going to pay for it? How much compensation would that cost for them to give us Hopkins and pay for him? More than anyone would pay for a 30 year old WR.

WR will be addressed somehow. Whether it's a gamble on someone coming off an injury like OBJ, someone looking to rebuild their value like Allen Robinson, getting lucky that someone overplayed their hand in FA like Mecole Hardman, and/or more likely than all of that a 1st or 2nd Round Draft pick.

But DeAndre Hopkins is a pipedream. Simple as that. If you're expecting or even hoping for that, you're misguided and setting yourself up for surefire anger and/or disappointment.

Asking since I sincerely don't know. Cards need as much ammo as they can get their hands on, and haven't had any nibbles on moving him.

It would make a ton of sense for them to eat, up to, the maximum amount that they can, and get higher pick compensation. Obviously the pick helps, but they need to bottom out for draft purposes. You can't outwardly tank, but you can make moves that move a good player, eat dead cap in a down year, and hopefully pick high (with an extra pick).

That makes so much sense to me. Anyone know what the maximum amount they could eat would be? Even if its not for us I'm curious in general

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Does Arizona need a DT?  

this dudes a dork. big bucks is for studs. above average $$ is for potential (sometimes). feel free to go chase that above average bag elsewhere

this is the "butterface" booty call threatening to delete your number..... ok? good luck i guess?

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Hopkins just followed Josh Allen on IG.

he was following 572 yesterday, Josh was not one of them. I know because I looked myself. He was following Diggs already.

He’s now following 573

Who keeps track of this stuff? LoL

• Haha (+1) 3