Dolphins fans opinions on what we have to say about them 🤔

StHustle

If WE were scared of Miami... Then why did Bills beat New England?

In hope that the Jets and Steelers won?

😆

We would have just lost to Pats* if Bills were scared! That would have eliminated the Dolphins! 

Pats* and Jets (have Jets not been eliminated) have better defenses. 

Selah was right... He said after 2nd game "we will see the Bills again this year."  He was right about it being a Divison team.

We actually got the best draw. Least scariest. AND the way Steelers D has been playing lately, not sure I want to see them... A Tomlin led team in playoffs.

Basically,  Bills beat Tua "twice." The game down in Miami was a fluke because of the heat stroke emergency only our team was suffering from.

AND was Poyer-less in Miami...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

45 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If WE were scared of Miami... Then why did Bills beat New England?

In hope that the Jets and Steelers won?

😆

We would have just lost to Pats* if Bills were scared! That would have eliminated the Dolphins! 

Pats* and Jets (have Jets not been eliminated) have better defenses. 

Selah was right... He said after 2nd game "we will see the Bills again this year."  He was right about it being a Divison team.

We actually got the best draw. Least scariest. AND the way Steelers D has been playing lately, not sure I want to see them... A Tomlin led team in playoffs.

Basically,  Bills beat Tua "twice." The game down in Miami was a fluke because of the heat stroke emergency only our team was suffering from.

AND was Poyer-less in Miami...

You think we’d give up home field in the divisional rd for that?  No

Reality...our secondary's weak spot is speed.  If Tua plays, they are certainly more dangerous just having guys like Waddle and Hill, even though we should, and likely still, beat them handedly.  Without Tua, it will be like last years Pats game, and curb stomp.  

What delusional Dolphin fans don't understand, is the one game they beat us in like forever (in Miami this year) is that the Bills utterly dominated every aspect of that game statistically.  The only reason we lost that game was a botched snap before halftime by our backup long snapper costing us a FG.  

But...more importantly, by the end of that game, we had 14 starters or guys who started that game in place of starters either not play, leave the game for good hurt, or go through heat exhaustion and leave the field multiple times.  We had to trot out a 3rd string TE with on the OL just to finish that game who had a torn ACL and still played 5 snaps on that torn ACL because we didn't have enough OL to put on the field.  

And still...we could have won the game if those exhausted OL could have gotten down on the line 1 to 2 seconds quicker where we could spike and kick the short game winning FG.  

But these Dolphin fans like to over look all that and just pretend they decisively beat us...heat, injuries and ourselves beat us that day, the Dolphins had actually very little to do with it.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am. Miami has played us tough twice and beaten us once this year. They've also played us tough several times over the last few years despite not having the talent to win at the time. They have the playbook on defending Allen, and Allen hasn't been playing his best ball for the last 3/4 of this year.

The only thing working in our favor is their injuries and their downward slide as a team over the 2nd half of the season. Still, I'm not taking it for granted and wouldn't be shocked to see it be a nail biter if Tua plays. I think they are one of the top 4 matchups against the Bills because the talent they have on offense can exploit our defense and they are effective at putting pressure on the QB.

Maybe we blow them out of the building, but I'm not counting on it.

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Tua or not, can't see that team coming in here right now n winning 

I certainly can with Tua, without Tua is a different story. As much as this Bills secondary has struggled without Hyde along with insane amount of injuries throughout the secondary and have struggled a lot while trying to play through it all.

Then you have 2 WRs that are considered by many both of them being top 5, against a injured, struggling secondary I don't see how you can't think they can win. Hell they can give even a healthy backfield a very hard time.

• Like (+1) 1

I am scared for Tua but not of Tua. He genuinely seems like a good guy, but he gets hit again and he’s not going to recover. The mismanagement of his concussion issues is beyond reason and will be exacerbated if they trot him out Sunday.

Edited by MiltonWaddams
  • Agree 5

43 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I am. Miami has played us tough twice and beaten us once this year. They've also played us tough several times over the last few years despite not having the talent to win at the time. They have the playbook on defending Allen, and Allen hasn't been playing his best ball for the last 3/4 of this year.

The only thing working in our favor is their injuries and their downward slide as a team over the 2nd half of the season. Still, I'm not taking it for granted and wouldn't be shocked to see it be a nail biter if Tua plays. I think they are one of the top 4 matchups against the Bills because the talent they have on offense can exploit our defense and they are effective at putting pressure on the QB.

Maybe we blow them out of the building, but I'm not counting on it.

In the 2 games vs Miami, Josh has 828 total yards, 6 tds, 0 interceptions. Wouldn't exactly call that having the book on Allen.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I'm torn on this.

Another win against Miami brings the all time record to 56-62-1, and technically the Bills would win the season series.  Bills are 51-39 against the Dolphins in the last 43 years.

However, it is the third meeting and it just gets tiresome playing and beating the same team.  I think it would be great to play the Chargers or the Jags, 2 teams we've met in the playoffs before but haven't for some time.  Jags in 2017 and 1996, a team we've never beat in the post season and who owns the only opponent playoff victory on our field in the Ralph's 50+ year history, and we last played the Chargers in the post season in 1980...the Joe Ferguson broken ankle game.

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I think the Dolphins should be scared if Tua plays. Concussion #4 in one season might just end his career. If the NFL just parades him back out there and he goes down again, someone's getting sued.

Again?  3 concussions in 4 months should already tip it off that he should be on IR.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

Again?  3 concussions in 4 months should already tip it off that he should be on IR.

Agreed. I like Mitch Morse and I love winning, but I would like to see him think about retiring. He's had what 5 ... 6 concussions?!?

If Josh had 3 concussions in 4 months, I wouldn't want him on the field either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, damj said:

Agreed. I like Mitch Morse and I love winning, but I would like to see him think about retiring. He's had what 5 ... 6 concussions?!?

If Josh had 3 concussions in 4 months, I wouldn't want him on the field either.

That's where I'm at as well.  I think the Bills need to look at a long term replacement Center starting this offseason.  Morse is a wonderful guy and a fantastic player, but I'm concerned about his short and long term health.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KHAN said:

I'm scared of the death OF Tua.

The man's brain is like bread pudding at this point. Does he really want to reintroduce himself to Matt Milano?  Frankly I'd hate to see the guy get hurt again. It didn't take much of a hit to give him the last concussion that is three weeks ago and he's still in protocol. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

I was referring to Eddie Murphy's Delirious special, lol. Not sure about the Friends episode you are replying with....

Phoebe found out Chandler and Monica were sleeping together and keeping it a secret, so she fake flirted with Chandler so he could admit it! 😁

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Honestly there do seem to be a lot of posters here that are scared if Tua plays.

Bills outscored the Phins this year 51-50, split the series and Tua was one of the driving contributors as to why the Phins were so competitive with the Bills this year. I wouldn’t say I’m comfortable. After the Bengals, Miami was my least wanted matchup.  

Nothing wrong with giving an opponent props. They are better than their record indicates. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.