The return of the deep ball!!!!

Special K

I don’t know if its a lingering ankle issue causing him to lose concentration or just a mental issue.  But Davis needs a sports psychologist as much as anything to help him get back to where he was. 

I hope Beasely is ready for a full load, because Diggs needs someone else out there for the defenses to think about. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, DCofNC said:

This is why I was all about a WR early in the draft.  I’m not going through my full explanation of the garbage job the front office did giving Josh what he needs, but I’ll say this, they used hope as a strategy and as usual, it didn’t pan out.  Hoping Davis would miraculously become more than he was/is was the only way this team could have had a chance to say they have the weapons to compete with anybody and he flopped.  He’s gotten way more opportunities and done virtually nothing more with them than what he put up in the past.  I’m happy they at least “admitted” there was an issue and went out to bring Smoke and Bease back in, wish they had tried TY Hilton personally.

If they don’t focus on surrounding Allen with better talent, we are going to be watching the careers of Marino,  Luck, Stafford, Rodgers, Farve, etc play out.  Top 5 QB, team that won’t get them weapons, always having to be the only driving force to a title and maybe they get there once or twice, but ultimately never meet their potential because the team relied on them to entirely carry the weight of the offense. 

It’s hysterical to listen to The Who’s the best QB arguments and the Jackson lovers claiming everybody has exploded when they got weapons, which has a point.  Then people pointing to Allen not being as good this year with “all the weapons” he has.  1 WR is not enough.  The fact we are pulling guys off the street and they are making more plays shows we have a major problem.   Philly stacked their team, Hurts explodes, Miami making Tua look good (when healthy), Stafford looked the best he ever has with Kupp, woods, etc., Josh regresses as you got rid of his slot guy, his speed guy and replaced them with an injury waiting to happen, a 5th round rookie, and pushed two guys from complimentary roles to “starters”, what a shock.  Maholmes has had to spread the ball out more, but I would argue still has more weapons past his #1 and absolutely has more running game help.  He’s the only guy in the conversation that’s doing more with at least similar talent.  Every team we face in the playoffs will have a better set of skill players and most will have a superior OL, it’s insane to leave that much on one guy.

Cincy has 5 players that have more catches than anyone on the Bills not named Diggs. Pretty much sums up what you're saying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, jletha said:

They may have to leave McK inactive and elevate Brown and Beasley. McK is caught inbetween. Not a true slot guy, not a burner, not big enough to block like Davis.

And, he’s been a drive killer quite often as well. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’d love to see Beasley, Smoke, Diggs, Gabe, Knox and Q. Even Shakir rather than McK. Just my opinion though. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billz4ever said:

Cincy has 5 players that have more catches than anyone on the Bills not named Diggs. Pretty much sums up what you're saying.

He also has 40 more pass attempts on the season than Allen.

Over an average full games worth.

7 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Question? Is Davante Parker better than any receiver coming out in the draft? What, in particular, don't you like about his game? 

GunnerBill don’t like any player older than 29 (Kickers excepted)…

Edited by Aussie Joe
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Special K said:

This is something that has been lacking in the Bills offense in the last two months, clearly because of Josh Allen’s elbow injury.

It looks like the elbow is back in form as the three deep balls Josh threw today were perfect!

This is huge in helping loosen up opposing defenses moving forward in the playoffs. 

Will we we see the explosive offense we were accustomed to seeing return for the playoff run??

Lets hope so!!!!!

Go Bills!!!

This may be hugely underrated.  You are right, it is something that for the most part disappeared during our winning streak but it was something that we do so well, a part of our game that strikes fear in the heart of our opponents.  The game where dismantled KC over a year ago, we weren't methodically driving the ball down the field, we just killed them with big plays.  

We absolutely need to get back to that and methinks that it will be reemerging again throughout the playoffs.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

OK, so?  

That still shows Davis is meh when he's our #2 and their #3 has almost as many yards and has more catches.

Edited by Billz4ever

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Question? Is Davante Parker better than any receiver coming out in the draft? What, in particular, don't you like about his game? 

Almost certainly not. If there isn't a single receiver in this draft who can generate more than an average 650 yards per season and 3 touchdown over an 8 year career I'd be very surprised. What don't I like about his game? He doesn't separate (like, at all) and he has pretty average hands. He scored a nice touchdown yesterday, great. If the Bills are bringing him here it is a downgrade on Gabe Davis. 

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

GunnerBill don’t like any player older than 29 (Kickers excepted)…

There is that too. But I didn't particularly like Parker when he was 21.... 

• Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Bills should go big for a good #2 WR. If we had another Diggs type they wouldn't be able to double them both. And then have a burner going deep that runs off the safety help. We would be unstoppable 

Provided we had an O line that was somewhat consistent 

20 hours ago, Einstein said:

Should have been 3 deep TD’s if Davis didn’t have butter for hands.

As we all already know Davis has been a huge disappointment all season I honestly wouldn’t  be upset if they sat him down and made smoke the number 2 for the Dolphins game… He made a heck of nice touchdown catch for us on Sunday

Edited by Bimmer323i

19 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

As exciting as the deep ball is, im much more excited at the oppprtunity this is going to open for Cole/Shakir/Cook/Motor/Knox.

Josh looks best dink n dunk ing. Love watching defense get frustrsted: close to LOS; ANDDDDD ITSSSS GONEEEEEE. sit back against deep ball, and watch josh hit five 12yard eaay completions in a row 🤷‍♂️

What really effs up a DC is facing an offense that can attack all parts of the field.  It's great that Josh can dink-n-dunk.  It's great the running game is getting better.  But Josh needs to be healthy and get back on his vertical game so defenses have to defend the length and breadth of the field.  The Pats game looked like progress!

15 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Brown is the “off-the-street” proof any leftover doubters need that legit W2/W3  helps 17 big time. Not to take away from smoke, but his entire scenario on #2 seed team shouldn’t be a thing

Beasley and Brown being brought in goes to show how bad Mckenzie and Davis has really been this year.  Have to do better at Wr going into the season next year.  Let Mckenzie walk, have Gabe play his last year on the cheap as #3 and if he plays like this year let him walk too.  We don't need Wrs who can't catch the football.

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I loved how Diggs saw the ball in the air and turned on the extra gear

I surely thought the Brown Td was way overthrown, evident smoke still has a little something left in the tank

4 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

What really effs up a DC is facing an offense that can attack all parts of the field.  It's great that Josh can dink-n-dunk.  It's great the running game is getting better.  But Josh needs to be healthy and get back on his vertical game so defenses have to defend the length and breadth of the field.  The Pats game looked like progress!

Breadth? Is your avatar a real pic of you 😆

6 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Umm, that’s 2.5 freaking attempts more a game, you are really going to try to justify that?

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's the last time he had a competent QB

When’s the last time he played?

9 hours ago, Dan said:

I hope Beasely is ready for a full load

He isn't. Beasley looks like a lesser version of the lesser version of himself that he was last year. He looks exactly like the kind of guy you call up from the PS three times a year because of injury. I think his ceiling in the playoffs is maybe getting two 1st down catches per game. Personally I'd rather call up John Brown if it's one or the other, at least I know Brown still has the ability to make an explosive play as we saw yesterday.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Nope that one counted...one catch 28 yards for him and Allen gave him the thumbs up afterwards for the way he ran that route. He definitely has that Robert Woods feel to him where he is more like an RB in the open field. Was really good in the Steeler game on that one catch and run down the sidelines as well.

That would have been a nice easy matchup...if the Fins lost we would have played the Steelers next week.

All Im gonna say is this game is for me a gimme. Which of these teams do I hate worse? Well AFC rival of course. But the team in Pittsburgh my buddy now RIP used to refer to The Steel Pukes.  I would have loved for the Bills to beat them down too at home too.

Pick yer poison

16 hours ago, stosh64 said:

Yeah, not the sharpest tool in the shed.

He actually catches Balls unlike our current No2

14 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Lol no

He is better than Gabe. Improves the offense. Runs a complete route tree (unlike Gabe). Has the spread the field speed. Has nice size. Has soft hands. 

why not again? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.