NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - Post Game Thread

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Played well AT TIMES! Is that better? Does that satisfy the arbitrary “played well” standard? Gimme a f***king break.

Relax dude all I said was his final numbers don't reflect what you said. Can't ignore them and that the game is 60 minutes long. I think a couple of his picks were pretty bad.

41 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

He did touch him, but literally just placed his hand on his shoulder pad as he went down from the chop block. If the rule says he has to engage him then it was an awful call. Regardless definitely not a call that reflected the spirit of the rule. 

They likely called it according to the rule referring to a "reverse chop", but suggesting that Dawkins actually engaged with the rusher is a significant stretch.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Curiously he averaged more yards per carry than Cook from what I saw on Bills.com, 

And Cook had the best YPC in the league coming into the game today for backs with 75+ carries.

Edited by Bubba Gump

24 minutes ago, BRH said:

I think the officials were caught up in the emotion of the game, honestly.  It wasn’t a normal 1 pm Sunday game, that’s for sure.  

The facemask in 1Q and especially the hit below the knees on the INT were infuriating.  I’m fairly confident the league will point those out - the Bills certainly will - and next week we may see it affect how the game is called.  At least I hope so. 

Both of these were big misses by the refs and should have been called.  They have so many officials on the field that it is mind boggling how nobody saw either.

Just shout out to Hines. Besides the 2 returns he had a kick go outta bounds that gave us great field position because they didn't want him touching that ball. 

Why isn't he incorporated in this offense more?? 

I wish we dialed up 3-4 plays a gm with Hines in space. He's clearly a big time X factor, Dorsey has to get him involved on O. He's too dangerous not to

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? It was 1 on 1 and was actually under thrown if the LB turned and looked he picks it.. lol

The one I saw was down the seam had Edmunds trailing and our 2 safeties bracketing the receiver.

There was another he threw into triple coverage that was tipped and recovered by Milano. Jones just made up his mind to force it down the middle.

The Bills were willing to give up the 3-4 yrd quick outs to the flat all day, and mostly played Tampa 2, except for a few blitzes, like the one where Elam got beat for the TD while playing man.

Hard to throw those deep seam routes even against LBs or slot corners with 2 safeties back there.

• Like (+1) 1

I swear - reading some of the Pats boards, it sounds like we did in during the drought.  All about the bad officiating, and how they have cap space & the building blocks, and will be "right back in contention next year."

It's kind of wonderful.  Spoiler alert: they won't be right back in contention last year. They're headed for an offseason of turmoil if Kraft has had it w/ losing, and pushes Belichick's buttons on changes he thinks should be made to the coaching staff.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I swear - reading some of the Pats boards, it sounds like we did in during the drought.  All about the bad officiating, and how they have cap space & the building blocks, and will be "right back in contention next year."

It's kind of wonderful.  Spoiler alert: they won't be right back in contention last year. They're headed for an offseason of turmoil if Kraft has had it w/ losing, and pushes Belichick's buttons on changes he thinks should be made to the coaching staff.

Two words for all those Pats*** fans whining about the refs:

Loser’s lament.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So damn sick!

There was one angle that showed Diggs running down the sideline, saw the ball in the air, seemed to glance ahead of him, then just did a full out sprint to catch up to the ball.  It was breathtaking to see the athleticism and execution it took on both ends to pull that off

• Like (+1) 7

29 minutes ago, klos63 said:

I think Bills fans would love for Tua to wait for next season, "for his health".

I for one hope they run him out there.  If their medical staff deems him healthy enough to try for 4 in 4, hit him every chance you get.  He is a constant head injury worry, but he is also fragile in other areas.  Beat the hell out of him if he plays.

4 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I for one hope they run him out there.  If their medical staff deems him healthy enough to try for 4 in 4, hit him every chance you get.  He is a constant head injury worry, but he is also fragile in other areas.  Beat the hell out of him if he plays.

Rooting for anyone to be injured? No. Especially head injury? Just No.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Dr.Sack said:

I thought Mac Jones played great until the Pats lost control and fell behind 2 scores. 

I said in the first quarter, if we can get up 2 or 3 scores and Mac will be forced to make decisions passing down the field and he will fold. And he did, but I will say he played well up until that point.

Just now, Best Williams Available said:

With Hamlin out both safeties today played poorly IMO. Goes to show how much ground Damar covers as he’s always flying around the ball, hitting, making tackles. Noticeable plays. None of that today from the 2 starters. Poyer just needs to be on the field and we win though.

To be fair the back up safety had only one full practice this week to get ready.  He'll be better next game after a normal practice week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Yeah I went through a bit and I was kinda surprised there seemed to be a more of a mix of "optimists" and "realists" than I expected.  A lot who want to scapegoat everything on Patricia, but a fair amount that realize Jones is not great and Bellicheat is washed.

It does warm my heart that fanbase is sitting home tonight with their season ended.  I keep thinking today what I felt when we signed Von - what top FA is going to want to go that joyless organization, with miserable SOB mumbling a-hole coach whose 'genius' lustre has worn off, no chance of winning a championship in the near term, with incredibly underwhelming QB who is a whiny dirty POS and who you want to punch in the face (throw in a morally devoid owner for good measure). 

F them.  I hope they sit in this purgatory for decades.

Edited by stevewin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Rooting for anyone to be injured? No. Especially head injury? Just No.

You misinterpret what I wrote.  If they are dumb enough to run him out there he won't likely finish the game.  I don't want to see another head injury, but it is very likely.

7 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

With Hamlin out both safeties today played poorly IMO. Goes to show how much ground Damar covers as he’s always flying around the ball, hitting, making tackles. Noticeable plays. None of that today from the 2 starters. Poyer just needs to be on the field and we win though.

Poyer’s knee is an obvious problem too. We need him back there, but he has been getting burned because of it. The TD to Parker was on him. And the long TD a few weeks ago to Waddle was also on him. 

• Agree 2

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Poyer’s knee is an obvious problem too. We need him back there, but he has been getting burned because of it. The TD to Parker was on him. And the long TD a few weeks ago to Waddle was also on him. 

Agree. Poyer was hurt this week but toughed it out. This D needs 2 functional safeties or else things like the first half of today happen.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Agree. Poyer was hurt this week but toughed it out. This D needs 2 functional safeties or else things like the first half of today happen.

Will be interesting to see how Marlowe grades out.  When I did notice him he didn't exactly seem fast and dynamic out there

• Agree 1

Just now, stevewin said:

Will be interesting to see how Marlowe grades out.  When I did notice him he didn't exactly seem fast and dynamic out there

Exactly. Hope it turns around.

But I wanted to mention this as what was lost in the Hamlin injury, perhaps, is that he’s not just a great person, but a pretty damn good safety too.

So in the video they bring up the story of how Dion the night before the Dolphins game in 2019 left the team to be there for the birth of his daughter there and came back and played in the game.

So someone in the video comments pointed out that Dolphins game in 2019 also happens to be the previous game we had a kickoff return TD.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.