NFL Week #18 - Patriots* @ Bills - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, RG Murdock said:

Daboll would have been Josh's face with all these senseless turnovers. Josh is just too careless with the ball. He talks a good game about improving, but it's just lip service. Bills will be the 3rd seed on merit. That means Chargers..     

I love the guy, but I can’t even argue this.  

Allen is hurting us, a lot, on offense.  

Obviously he’s elite, but he refuses to take easy yards and goes for the jugular all the time.  

Teams are using his hyper aggression against us. 

It’s very obvious. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't care about what they look like TODAY. They are playing on a short week with a disrupted practice week and were emotionally gassed for much of it. The adrenaline at the start of the game only lasts for so long. 

They'll be fine. Go take a Xanax.

You responded to a post about what they look like TODAY.

Then say you dont care to talk about TODAY.

Uh, ok...

Just now, DapperCam said:

Probably should have been roughing the passer on the hit that led to the hit. Was pretty forceful below the knees.

Blasphemy! The League doesn’t call penalties on NE. No face mask on Josh earlier and no intentional grounding on Mac. Ridiculous.

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

All we have on offence is Diggs and two good backs we refuse to use. We need either upgrades to Diggs/ Mackenzie or start using Shakir see what he has cause both Davis and Mackenzie have not turned out to be what we thought they could be. We also need to upgrade O-line and seems like AJ Epenensa was a wasted pick as well. Lots of decisions needs to happen this off-season. 

If it like this years team is not as good as last year, it’s because our poor drafting is starting to catch up with us…Our top picks the last several years are not performing well enough…

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I don't care about what they look like TODAY. They are playing on a short week with a disrupted practice week and were emotionally gassed for much of it. The adrenaline at the start of the game only lasts for so long. 

They'll be fine. Go take a Xanax.

Agreed, too many doomers in this thread each week when the Bills are down. Then when do well they all disappear and add nothing to the thread but I guess nothing is better than the crap they spew. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

All we have on offence is Diggs and two good backs we refuse to use. We need either upgrades to Diggs/ Mackenzie or start using Shakir see what he has cause both Davis and Mackenzie have not turned out to be what we thought they could be. We also need to upgrade O-line and seems like AJ Epenensa was a wasted pick as well. Lots of decisions needs to happen this off-season. 

I think some of it is Allen not throwing to them.  He gets so focused on Diggs that he doesn't seem to keep all his options open.  Same thing in the redzone...its all TD with him (which is good) but he has to know that FGs also count as points and INTs don't!

Just now, Kingston Bills Fan said:

This team is all Allen. If he’s off the team is off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kingston Bills Fan said:

Diggs was open on a curl at the sticks on 3rd down. Josh was hit when he threw because he held the ball to go for a TD instead of a fresh set of downs.

Everything isn’t on the WR.

WGR was talking this am about how BB better be able to play zone because Josh was so much better against man. But the real story is that Josh is 22-30th in every metric when facing zone.

Our QB hasn’t been a good decision maker this season.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Agree. Feels like we’ve been waiting for that turning point where everything comes together and we cruise through the playoffs. Simply hasn’t happened and doesn’t look like it will. Would not be surprised to see a first round exit. 

We just couldn't overcome losing Hyde, Von, Tre not being healthy,  no WR stepping up and Dorsey's inexperience. 

1 minute ago, Amorgus said:

He's taken a few already so I don't know why he had to make that awful throw besides ego. 

He had Davis coming wide open in the end zone. No way he can see the defender diving at his legs while trying to throw the ball. Just like the throw to Davis earlier it's a split sec between a completion and a turnover.

1 minute ago, PaulieYayo said:

Ridiculous? Not quite. KC and Cincy will smoke them playing like this. 

Key word...like this. How many times do you have to see that it's a week to week league EVERY WEEK before you actually start to understand it?

People freaking out about this because they think this is a representation of what they will look like in the playoffs are basically the people failing out of how the NFL works. You see the same lesson week in and week out but you never learn.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sandhill Mike said:

The Chefs squeaked out six divisional wins this year and everyone is scared to death to play them.  They barely beat a bad Denver team last week.  I remember the Jags putting up 300 yards rushing on Manning's Colts just before the playoffs started... they were getting destroyed the last few weeks of the season, and then played lights out in the playoffs.

Hoping we can do the same.  We don't have a Bob Sanders type coming back to stabilize our defense, but playing a tight game against the Patriots - and one of the best defensive coaches the league has ever seen - doesn't mean we're doomed.  The Pats are playing for a playoff berth, they're not the Texans.

Honestly, the Chiefs are just in our head because we haven’t beaten them when it matters.  

Bengals are far scarier.  They look like a legit team peaking into the playoffs.  

Bills and Chiefs just d**k around on offense too much. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Probably should have been roughing the passer on the hit that led to the int. Was pretty forceful below the knees.

Awful unacceptable throw regardless 

This is where Dabol is missed. In the RZ. We always struggled there but he at least had some creativity 

• Simon unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Obviously he’s elite, but he refuses to take easy yards and goes for the jugular all the time.  

It’s very obvious. 

He's Mike Tyson (I don't remember who said that in the media but it makes sense).  He's always going for the knockout.  But if you hang with him and keep it a boxing match instead of a slug fest he will eventually keep trying the KO and gets burned sometimes.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s very obvious. 

Dude Allen is our whole offense. Put someone else back there and this team is ***** screwed. 

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The throw to diggs was off?  Maybe I have my plays confused lol was that the second down throw?  That was an absolute beauty of a throw but diggs got forced out by the db 

I saw a vast overthrow to Davis, a too long pass for Diggs to be able to make a foot tap TD way too long imo impossible catch there was NO room in the back of that endzone. Regardless of the DB. jmo

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s very obvious. 

Josh has admitted it in the past too- he gets bored…

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Diggs was open on a curl at the sticks on 3rd down. Josh was hit when he threw because he held the ball to go for a TD instead of a fresh set of downs.

Everything isn’t on the WR.

WGR was talking this am about how BB better be able to play zone because Josh was so much better against man. But the real story is that Josh is 22-30th in every metric when facing zone.

Our QB hasn’t been a good decision maker this season.

Receiver in the middle of the end zone..not sure who it was…was much more open than diggs.  The safety covering the left middle of the end zone ran in to help on that diggs curl 

im not sure if it was Davis but he was wide open.  That screenshot a few posts up was taken too early.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

Agreed...But he gets little help from Dorsey either...They still had 2 timeouts. They could still get a 1st down...But everything is endzone, and that makes it easier to defend...No excuse for that INT though...Just none...Sloppy...

Totally agree. There was no need to have to take end zone shots there. Josh just seems out of sorts with his first reads. When he needs to get creative he can, but too often he goes to improv mode, and then comes hero ball. Hero ball either means incredible touchdowns or red zone INTs. 

Or maybe his guys aren’t getting open… and our O line is very average at best. 

We either need another major offensive weapon… or we need an incredible offensive coordinator. We need to create plays to support Josh’s strengths… not ask Josh to go use his strengths and create plays. 

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yea it’s weird…..it’s like when we prove we can run the football Dorsey will go away from it. It’s like he just wants to remind everyone we can actually run the football, but we prefer not to.

It's a good match for Frazier who will occasionally blitz or man up with success but mostly runs out his base defense which everyone knows where the holes are, especially the division foes.

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

safety was running in towards diggs

No he wasn't. The safety literally never moved toward Diggs at all. He stayed right in the intermediate zone the entire time.

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

and whoever that is at the top of the screen ended up wide open in the middle of the end zone.  

No he didn't.

Davis never got open until the ball was intercepted.

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Seems so.  I imagine they will figure some things out in the second half and might win a close one.  But playing like this won't hold up against most of the AFC playoff teams.  Both Cincy and KC look exactly how you would want to look right before the playoffs.  Just clicking and firing on all cylinders.  The Bills just seem to constantly shoot themselves in the foot and make every single game WAY harder than it has to be.

KC? Outside of that Raiders game they’ve been down to the wire against teams like the Texans and Broncos. I’d argue the Bengals are playing the best football right now in the NFL.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

This team is all Allen. If he’s off the team is off.

THat's partly down to design, partly down to Josh. If he wants others to be involved in offense he could bring them into it. Play action, check downs. But he ignores it. I'd love someone to ask him why.

Just now, SCBills said:

Honestly, the Chiefs are just in our head because we haven’t beaten them when it matters.  

Bengals are far scarier.  They look like a legit team peaking into the playoffs.  

Bills and Chiefs just d**k around on offense too much. 

Agree on Cincy.  They are so so solid and are peaking at the exact perfect time.  I don't know that it matters if the game is in Cincy or Buffalo if the Bills make it out of the Wild Card...that game against Cincy will be HARD and I don't know that we have the dogs to stay with them.

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It’s very obvious. 

Or a WR other than Diggs can get open and Dorsey could coach an offense where Josh just needs to execute instead of creating.