To those going on Sunday-What kind of fan experience do you anticipate?

Albany,n.y.

I think it will come down to team vibe. If playets come out bouncing, pumping up crowd on 3rd downs, lrt out some visual emotion, cpuld be loudest place has ever been.

Could also see team come out flat, would be understandable, and i could see the atmosphere being as flat as the team

The fans and players could all benefit from reprieve, and i hope we all get it.

I think players will be physically amped to play, but being unprepared after an unfocused week at OBD. JMO

If Damar is still in ICU near game time, I would say subdued. 

If he is released from ICU, and we know that he is going to make a full recovery, you might see fans scale the field goal nets and jump from the top of the tunnel entrance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I think that the only way the Bills Mafia community will know how to support this team and to show their love for the players is to yell and shout and cheer as loud as they possibly can for three hours at Highmark Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

I'm not sure what the demeanor of the players will be, but I expect loud, wild, rabid support from the fans. 

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Bills need to come up with "aprons" with his number on it for attendees to wear over jersey.

It would be like crowd in Spider-Man animated movie "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"

FAauMjhWEAMYBw0?format=jpg

Something like this would be great.

Even if they handed out blue square placards/handouts with #3, or #3 in a heart, something like that. SOMETHING to show a unified front of love and support for Damar Hamlin.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Draconator said:

If Damar is still in ICU near game time, I would say subdued. 

If he is released from ICU, and we know that he is going to make a full recovery, you might see fans scale the field goal nets and jump from the top of the tunnel entrance. 

If that's the case or even later during the playoffs, I'd expect Damar to record a message to the fans that will be played on the scoreboard right after the national anthem.  The crowd would go insane.  

• Agree 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

If that's the case or even later during the playoffs, I'd expect Damar to record a message to the fans that will be played on the scoreboard right after the national anthem.  The crowd would go insane.  

I was going to say by some miracle, before this Sunday's game. 

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

My guess is that the players' demeanor will be somewhat subdued pre-game, but that once the game starts, they'll be fired up.  Probably the same will go for fans.

Was thinking bthe balance between who fires up who will be different. I think we, the fans, will lift the Bills this week. 

I have been thinking about this a little.

I think, if we know about as much as we know now about Damar's health, and his condition is more or less the same in hospital...

...it will be a subdued atmosphere in which people have a hard time getting into the game, despite the best of intentions.

The way I look it. Life is not fair. What happened to Damar is an example of that. It essentially was a freak accident that only happens once every blue moon. This was not someone's fault. There is nobody to be mad at. Nothing really could have been different to avoid it. It is just one of those random things in life.

The only choice I see is that you have to carry on. To not let the unfairness impact things that you can control. So you return to normal as much as possible. At least that is the mindset, but the reality is there will still some pain and sorrow. But slowly that goes away and you are stronger in the end knowing you didn't let what happened get the best of you. 

Damar is going to get healthy.

The Bills will take the field this Sunday, united together and backed by their fans.

The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl.

Damar Hamlin will be on stage and will be the first Buffalo Bill in our history to touch the Lombardi trophy when the Commish hands the trophy to him and he raises it over his head and those tears of pain from his teammates and fans that were seen 6 weeks earlier are now replaced by tears of joy and happiness.

Those are my predictions.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I’m really hoping that happens. I had a dream it did last night, woke up crying it made me so happy and relieved. 

I wrote in  another thread I feel a little dirty about going. Like expecting to be entertained after this week seems so selfish. I hope the community being together will be good for the Mafia and for the players and coaches 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

Damar is going to get healthy.

The Bills will take the field this Sunday, united together and backed by their fans.

The Bills are going to win the Super Bowl.

Damar Hamlin will be on stage and will be the first Buffalo Bill in our history to touch the Lombardi trophy when the Commish hands the trophy to him and he raises it over his head and those tears of pain from his teammates and fans that were seen 6 weeks earlier are now replaced by tears of joy and happiness.

Those are my predictions.

Love it

• Awesome! (+1) 1

My better half is supposed to be going. She feels uneasy about it in general.

Her friend works in the PICU and sees all sorts of terrible stuff all the time so she’s going to get rowdy. But my partner is thinking about staying home. That’s not her “vibe” at the moment when it comes to the Bills. 

Depends on the news on Damar. If it's known, he is going to make a full recovery then I think the fans will be fired up. If it's still unknown, then it will be subdued. I don't know the recovery timetable on something like this and it probably wouldn't happen this Sunday. If Darmar makes a full recovery, then could you imagine what the atmosphere would be like say for a Bills home playoff game if he can leave a message on the jumbotron telling everyone he is fine and for the Bills to go win the Super Bowl. The place would go absolutely bonkers. Whoever the Bills are playing that day might as well leave. They would have 0% chance to win the game.

Edited by Greg S

17 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Depends on the news on Damar. If it's known, he is going to make a full recovery then I think the fans will be fired up. If it's still unknown, then it will be subdued. I don't know the recovery timetable on something like this and it probably wouldn't happen this Sunday. If Darmar makes a full recovery, then could you imagine what the atmosphere would be like say for a Bills home playoff game if he can leave a message on the jumbotron telling everyone he is fine and for the Bills to go win the Super Bowl. The place would go absolutely bonkers. Whoever the Bills are playing that day might as well leave. They would have 0% chance to win the game.

yeah, sadly I don’t think we’ll have that level of clarity by Sunday afternoon.

4 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

yeah, sadly I don’t think we’ll have that level of clarity by Sunday afternoon.

Hopefully we get more news that things are looking really good. But as for a 100% recovery by this Sunday is probably unrealistic. As long as he continues to improve and makes a 100% recovery at some point hopefully soon then that is what is really important.

Obviously Damar's status will color everything one way or the other, but in lieu of a significant update before the game I suspect that whatever Damar's father said to the team in the zoom call yesterday will contribute quite a bit to the team mindset on Sunday.

With due genuflects,hopes and prayers and all the other cliches for Hamlin, do you really think a player with his drive and passion would want his fellow teamates and fans to be moping around at game time?

Assuming the NFL gets their ***** together in time to know what the revised schedule will be the "fan experience" should be rabid, either to shut out bellycheck and his group of misfits and keep them out of the playoffs or make sure they win so we can beat their asses again in the playoffs.  

It's been almost 30 years since the last AFC Title, I don't expect to be around in another 30 so the time to grab it is NOW!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Motor26 said:

With the good news on Damar, the place is going to be absolutely insane. Bills will roll the Pats! I hope this gets flexed to a national TV game.

Too late for that. The Saturday games are set, and the Packers-Lions have Sunday night.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.