Has Taron Johnson injury severity been diagnosed?

Chandler#81

Realizing Damar’s injury is considerably worse, lost in the madness is our Nickel Corner’s injury. How bad is his and our status? 
(Note; Ethan in Hell may have addressed this in his -ahem-  thread, but I didn’t bother melting my brain just to read it..)

Are there any DB starter talent left in FA? Who’s a realistic call up from PS? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

Two scum bag moves, first from Hurst diving into the back of Taron' s head. Then Hendrickson whipping himself into Josh's legs. 

I hope they both realize how wrong they were this morning trying to hurt their opponents. 

This is exactly what I noticed, too.

No flags were thrown. It was so obvious on the replay. Disgusting acts by Bengals players. That's why we shouldn't forfeit this game. Just friggin' pathetic from those guys.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I had a pit in my stomach about the rest of the game as soon as they showed that replay of hurst laying onto him with no flag, and it turned out to just get worse from there. 

I agree and I really hope I'm wrong here but with all the talk during the week and then how Cinci came out with what looked like a couple of cheep shots, it seemed like they wanted to intimidate and hurt people. I get it it's football and it's a dangerous sport but there is a line between sportsmanship and being dirty. I hope the way the game ended serves as a wake up call. ( I know the Hamlin incident was not intentional). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

40 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I agree and I really hope I'm wrong here but with all the talk during the week and then how Cinci came out with what looked like a couple of cheep shots, it seemed like they wanted to intimidate and hurt people. I get it it's football and it's a dangerous sport but there is a line between sportsmanship and being dirty. I hope the way the game ended serves as a wake up call. ( I know the Hamlin incident was not intentional). 

Cincy is butt hurt that they are defending AFC Champs, but Bills get more respect and press especially for the KC game last year. 

Angry people do angry things.

• Sad 1

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

The call on the first play of the game, was more than questionable. PI gets called, 'when the refs feel like calling it'.

Like you, I've been watching football long enough when I can tell pretty quickly in a game how's its going to pan out.  It didnt take long last night for this one to shape up real ugly. TJ, Josh's ankle/knee, then Hamlin.  Obviously Hamlin is orders of magnitude more serious than anything else, but the point is that the game looked like it was going to be a real sht show for Buffalo

• Like (+1) 3

And the thing about the Hurst and Hendrickson plays is that now they're going to get lost in all the talk about how well the Bengals behaved after someone literally died on the field.  All props to Taylor and the team and their fans for that, but it doesn't excuse what was glaringly obvious before that.  Both Hurst and Hendrickson had opportunities to stop, and they continued with clear intent to injure.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Here's a question.  IF they resume the game at some point (not this week obviously), are the rosters locked or can teams bring up healthy players to fill holes?

For example:

1.  Sam Hubbard was not active for this game.  I assume he would be ready to go before any rescheduled game.  Can the Bengals activate him for the rest of the game?  I would assume not.

2. Say Taron had been declared "out" after the concussion but clears protocol before the rescheduled game.  Can he come back in?  I would assume not.  Fortunately, his return was only declared "questionable."

3. Would the Bills be allowed to replace Hamlin (and Johnson, if he is still out) on the active roster with healthy DBs (like Benford and Rhodes)?  By the letter of the law I would assume not -- but this may be an exceptional situation.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, BRH said:

And the thing about the Hurst and Hendrickson plays is that now they're going to get lost in all the talk about how well the Bengals behaved after someone literally died on the field.  All props to Taylor and the team and their fans for that, but it doesn't excuse what was glaringly obvious before that.  Both Hurst and Hendrickson had opportunities to stop, and they continued with clear intent to injure.

so if we see them again, we'll remember it.

That simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BRH said:

Here's a question.  IF they resume the game at some point (not this week obviously), are the rosters locked or can teams bring up healthy players to fill holes?

For example:

1.  Sam Hubbard was not active for this game.  I assume he would be ready to go before any rescheduled game.  Can the Bengals activate him for the rest of the game?  I would assume not.

2. Say Taron had been declared "out" after the concussion but clears protocol before the rescheduled game.  Can he come back in?  I would assume not.  Fortunately, his return was only declared "questionable."

3. Would the Bills be allowed to replace Hamlin (and Johnson, if he is still out) on the active roster with healthy DBs (like Benford and Rhodes)?  By the letter of the law I would assume not -- but this may be an exceptional situation.

The NFLPA has the league by the shorthairs right now, I doubt we're going to see the usual league lawyerball/letter of the law stuff when this moves towards resolution

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Two scum bag moves, first from Hurst diving into the back of Taron' s head. Then Hendrickson whipping himself into Josh's legs. 

I hope they both realize how wrong they were this morning trying to hurt their opponents. 

Bengals’ organization has a history of this stuff.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Ya, Hendrickson rolled into Josh's legs on purpose. Thought that was totally a dick move. Should have been a penalty actually.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, Fan in San Diego said:

Ya, Hendrickson rolled into Josh's legs on purpose. Thought that was totally a dick move. Should have been a penalty actually.

In real time I didn't really have a problem with Hurst's move. But on replay you can see what appears to be a conscious decision to launch all of his weight downward into his head area. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

In real time I didn't really have a problem with Hurst's move. But on replay you can see what appears to be a conscious decision to launch all of his weight downward into his head area. 

I mean at least that resembled a football play in a Lee Smith sort of way. Hendrickson was extra-curricular and of no purpose other than attempt to injure.

• Agree 5

2 hours ago, BRH said:

For example:

I can't imagine that the league would impose those kinds of restrictions on teams in a make up match.  I also can't imagine how the league would be able to squeeze a makeup up game in without screwing up the whole playoff schedule. 

2 hours ago, BRH said:

For example:

I can't imagine with the probability of a game being played before the makeup game that they could enforce the rosters. So much could happen between with players going down next week that you would then be compromised at additional spots. Would only make sense if it was played within a day or 2 of original date.

3 hours ago, BRH said:

For example:

I thought Benford was active

Hurst's head shot on Johnson could have been called a penalty and it was absolutely disgusting to see a "celebration" dance out of him after Johnson laid on the turf injured.  Total douche bag.

db.JPG

Edited by Nuncha
  • Agree 3

18 minutes ago, Nuncha said:

Hurst's head shot on Johnson could have been called a penalty and it was absolutely disgusting to see a "celebration" dance out of him after Johnson laid on the turf injured.  Total douche bag.

db.JPG

With the technology we have today, I can't believe the nfl doesn't have people in the booth that can go back and look at these plays and instantly call a penalty on the field. I understand that refs arnt gonna catch every single thing, but when it comes to this kind of thing, and the play with allen, it shoukd be reviewed and called immediately 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

This is exactly what I noticed, too.

No flags were thrown. It was so obvious on the replay. Disgusting acts by Bengals players. That's why we shouldn't forfeit this game. Just friggin' pathetic from those guys.

Especially the leg whip into Josh.   There is an official standing there staring at an obvious cheapshot on a QB.   The Hurst play was cheap but refs cant watch every block, they DO have a dedicated ref to watch late/low or otherwise illegal hits on the QB's though.   After all the good Cinci has done since Damar went down, it's sad that a few of these guys are still out there playing cheap.  You'd think the organization would have learned from Burfict and how he got their entire team labeled as thugs over the years with disgusting plays like that just intending to hurt.

The only solution is the league has to allow challenges on unnecessary roughness plays that don't get called.  Put the onus on the teams to watch their own guys from the booths and be able to have NY refs take a quick look and call penalties for stuff like that.  Eventually it will be safer for the players because the cheapshotters won't get away with anything.

8 hours ago, Motorin' said:

I'd like to turn this into it's own thread if you don't mind.  Would you be interested in responding to my take on it if I start one?  In all fairness, I agree with you completely and I hope others do too.  I was saying this through the whole first quarter.  F Hurst BTW.

Edited by thunderingsquid
  • Like (+1) 1

Thanks for the videos. . . 
Hendrickson really launched himself into Josh's feet, didn't he!
Hurst had a great block on Johnson, then went totally bush-league with the spear at the end - intent to injure perhaps?

The league should be reviewing these plays and leveling fines/suspensions.  But given how the game ended, I don't think they will even review it.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.