Week 16, 12/24/2022, Bills v. Bears, GAME BALLS

Freddie's Dead

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls (considered revoking Stef's game ball, but I can't hold only two targets against him), and I pick up to 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.  

Devin "Motor" Singletary - Motor was integral to the Bills running game (100+ yards, 2 TD's), and his long TD run early set the tone to put the Bills up for good.

James "Captain" Cook - Ran like a madman all day long (almost 100 yards), and the long TD run basically iced the game for the Bills.

"Big" Ed Oliver - Eddie O was a man amongst boys today.  Sacks, PD's, tackles, pressures, he was all over the field.  

Shaq Lawson - Big part of the run defense today, he was also harassing Fields when he dropped back (not a fan of Shaq, but I gotta give it up to him)

WHO YA GOT? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

As usual, Josh and Stef get automatic game balls (considered revoking Stef's game ball, but I can't hold only two targets against him), and I pick up to 3 O and 3 D and you have at it.  

Devin "Motor" Singletary - Motor was integral to the Bills running game (100+ yards, 2 TD's), and his long TD run early set the tone to put the Bills up for good.

James "Captain" Cook - Ran like a madman all day long (almost 100 yards), and the long TD run basically iced the game for the Bills.

"Big" Ed Oliver - Eddie O was a man amongst boys today.  Sacks, PD's, tackles, pressures, he was all over the field.  

Shaq Lawson - Big part of the run defense today, he was also harassing Fields when he dropped back (not a fan of Shaq, but I gotta give it up to him)

WHO YA GOT? 

Why would you not be a fan of Shaq?  He’s been one of our best defensive players this year and he’s a great guy…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

WHO YA GOT? 

Josh & Steff don’t deserve anything today.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

Why would you not be a fan of Shaq?  He’s been one of our best defensive players this year and he’s a great guy…

I, like many others, thought that Shaq was the steal of the draft at 19.  He never really distinguished himself here, which ultimately lead to his release.  I thought early in the season that it was the same ol', same ol' with him.  But he's been a lot better in the last 6-8 games, so I'm coming around.  Slowly.  Ya know what I'm sayin'?  (in my best Shaq)

3 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

The automatic Josh game ball isn’t valid today. 

He had a rough day, but made enough plays to win going away.

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He had a rough day, but made enough plays to win going away.

He made enough plays doesn’t equal game ball. Both of his picks were absolutely atrocious. Both put the team in horrible spots and the defense bailed him out. And I am a die hard Josh fan/supporter/defender. 

Edited by stevestojan
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

He made enough plays doesn’t equal game ball. Both of his picks were absolutely atrocious. Both put the team in horrible spots and the defense bailed him out. And I am a die hard Josh fan/supporter/defender. 

Exactly, he did nothing to earn a game ball, to suggest he did is homerism bias…

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I, like many others, thought that Shaq was the steal of the draft at 19.  He never really distinguished himself here, which ultimately lead to his release.  I thought early in the season that it was the same ol', same ol' with him.  But he's been a lot better in the last 6-8 games, so I'm coming around.  Slowly.  Ya know what I'm sayin'?  (in my best Shaq)

Not fair to hold Shaq’s draft position against him

• Agree 1

I know it's considered heresy, but it is sometimes a good thing when neither Allen or Diggs deserve an automatic game ball. Neither did. That's okay against the Bears but not against the Bengals next week or playoffs.

With that said, GAME Balls:

1. Motor

2. Cook

3. Defensive line containing Fields

4. Defensive Coaching Staff/Scheme

• Like (+1) 5

On defense.. the entire D-Line.

Honorable mentions to Taron, Milano, and Edmunds.

Our defensive front was excellent, stayed gap disciplined, and did not lose contain on the edges - the runs they got gashed with against Miami, they quickly corrected after that first series.

Played lights out down the stretch and kept us in the game after some ill-advised turnovers by our O put them back on the field or gave Chicago a short field.

Defense came to play.

On offense, our run blocking with Cook and Motor tearing it up.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Coach McD for that challenge that reversed the first down!

I was proud of him!! I knew he felt good w that challenge win and that basically was the game 

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

AJ Epenesa seemed to be constantly pressuring QB allowing others to make plays.

AJ is having somewhat of a breakout year imo. I didn't count on him at all last year and especially w Von being out, he has turned it up. He's been very noticeable lately 

• Like (+1) 2

Who knew a 35-13 win could look so bad. The running offense was dominant all game, especially in the 2nd half. The backs had 3 yards before contact every play. Should have been running more from the start.

Davis and McKenzie are not good. I'd like to see more Beasley. Why call him up if not to use him?

Defensive line and LB's looked good, db's not really challenged all game but still not confidence inspiring. They will be tested next week.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It is, we do it all the time, Cody Ford, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, Sammy Watkins, EJ Manuel, etc.

Draft position is 100 percent on the team making the pick, the player has no control over when they get picked. It’s on the team, always. 

First Star : Motor / Cook tandem   

Second Star: Still giving it to Josh.  2 TDS thrown. 1 ran in.  The Ints were bad but on the day when he passes Marino for most TDs through his first 5 seasons, he deserves a star. 

Third Star: Kingsley Jonathan for making the best of his limited time on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.