NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - 2nd half game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

Allen is really off today...

That said, we are still up 8 so let's go get a score here!

He gets like this. As soon as that first awful INt to Mackenzie. He gets shellshocked and then is a bone head / gun shy

just like first jets game 

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

This team is just not a real contender.  You can't have a quarterback just throwing it to the defense repeatedly.  

We also have an OC wanting to put the ball in the air in a game where the QB is struggling, when we are averaging a first down per carry and need to be burning clock.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

Allen needs to get back to reinforcing the basics that helped him become a reliable passer last year.

Allen was having a lot of passes batted down at the line early this season this year and I noticed he has tried to incorporate a lot more passing angles to hit the throwing lanes and get around defenders hands.

The kind of touch needed on those needs lots of practice.

1 minute ago, VW82 said:

Josh isn't there mentally today but he's been all over the place with his throws. I really think the cold weather is affecting his arm. 

That's the only reason I can think of, especially if he is still getting numbing injections in his elbow before games. He has had poor control on passes within 10 yards today, the closer to the LOS the worse it looks. Those are the passes where the elbow is utilized more so it's certainly possible. Oh well. Shake it off, escape with a win, and hope for above freezing temperatures in Cincinnati. 

• Agree 1