NFL Week # 16 - Bills at Bears - 1st half game thread

BuffaloBill

Bills need to get it together and score a few TDs and pitch a shutout on D. Moving the ball easily, not sticking with the run game when it's breaking off huge chunks and not taking easy passes that are there...stop making life difficult on yourself in bad conditions.

D has looked better each drive

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

Kind of scratching my head as to why we didn’t use our last 2 timeouts? A long snap is FAR from a sure thing today. This coaching staff sometimes leaves me shaking my head. Not to mention getting away from the run when we are gashing Chicago.

The fact they called one after the first play and then said nevermind after that shows how this staff doesn't seem to know what they're doing.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Sure but Allen had Cook and Knox both open for good gains on 1st down and missed them. 2nd down Davis couldn't get his 2nd foot down. 3rd down Davis got lazy and cost us a free 1st down at the goal line. It's not like the passing concepts aren't working. I'm usually in these threads saying to run the ball more but the Bears pass defense is awful.

So Allen is off.

That just convinces me you run the ball more.

The Bears run defense is not very effective either. Why piss into the wind?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

None of us want to admit it, because it’s a scary thought, but this is on Allen.

Throwing an awful INT, missing open guys, throwing balls into the dirt, not throwing to Diggs when he has 1 on 1’s, etc.

Oh sure, he gets his share. Jets game 1 was on Allen as well.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Bills need to get it together and score a few TDs and pitch a shutout on D. Moving the ball easily, not sticking with the run game when it's breaking off huge chunks and not taking easy passes that are there...stop making life difficult on yourself in bad conditions.

this.  why do we do this every week.   Why make it harder than needed. 

Just now, RyanC883 said:

we have nothing.  Drafting has been horrendous.  Basham inactive.  OL, etc just all around since Allen. 

Basham is injured in fairness. But yea the OL is horrendus week after week. Josh makes it look better than it is. With say a Derk Carr or a Kirk Cousins - good QBs but pocket guys, people would be screaming about this line. It's dreadful.

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Sure it is. If teams want to drop everyone way back into coverage and leave the middle of the field wide open, Allen running for chunk yardage is the right read.

But when it's done more often than plays are executed, it's not.  

7 minutes ago, ILBillsfan said:

Problem is seeing mistakes that should not be made from a team w these expectations 

the special teams has been the most concerning

Bears nearly beat the Eagles. They’re not as horrible as everyone thinks. They’ve played some very good teams hard this season.

Just now, henry jones said:

Yup.  Looking like the Bills will have to beat NE just to win the division.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very different sort of game against a tough opponent.

Unfortunately, we seem to be making the classic mistake of lowering ourselves to the quality of our opponent today.