Looking ahead to the Bengals- another Cinci DE gets injured

NewEra

Sam Hubbard out 2-4 weeks with a calf injury- looks like he’ll be out!  He’s a very solid player

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-de-sam-hubbard-facing-2-4-week-absence-with-calf-injury/

Star DE Trey Hendrickson broke his wrist a couple weeks ago and his availability for that game is up in the air.  He wasn’t placed on IR.  If both are out, that’s lucky bounce for us.  

But I expect Hendrickson to be ready come jan 2nd

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, RiotAct said:

Concussion #6 for him.  (At least).

And?  5 was ok but 6 is the last straw?

Enough with this ridiculousness.  Seriously we’ve been thru enough with injuries he’s not headed for an MRI on a non contact knee injury 

He’ll be back by Cincy.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Enough with this ridiculousness.  Seriously we’ve been thru enough with injuries he’s not headed for an MRI on a non contact knee injury 

He’ll be back by Cincy.  

I hope you’re right!  

Hopefully we hear good news about his progression thru protocol this week. 

But it’s his first concussion since 2019?  Did I hear that right?  And he didn’t miss a game.  

If he was concerned just one more concussion does him in he wouldn’t be playing.  And being we have 3 minimum hopefully 6 games left, yea this guy will be back as soon as he clears.  

But we should beat Chicago this week.  Don’t care how pretty or ugly just win.  

We need him vs Cincy.  Give him 2 weeks.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But it’s his first concussion since 2019?  Did I hear that right?  And he didn’t miss a game.  

If he was concerned just one more concussion does him in he wouldn’t be playing.  And being we have 3 minimum hopefully 6 games left, yea this guy will be back as soon as he clears.  

Is that confirmed ..2019? Thought it may have been 2020.. but even so I agree with your premise… 

40 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If we assume this to be true, doesn’t mean he’s not done. Maybe the 7th would be the one hes worried about “doing him in” 

I do expect him to return though.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

He’ll be back by Cincy.  

Will see how he does in protocol. Might be fine but you don't brush it aside as a minor injury at least those who's brains are in good working order don't.  

2 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Morse may very well, be done.

He may very well retire at the end of the season, but I can’t see him walking away in the middle of a Super Bowl run. He may miss the Bears game, come back for the Bengals game, then sit out the Pats game to get ready for the playoffs. We will see what happens.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

How about you slow your roll there cowboy

Its a coping mechanism for some here.  

They did it when Josh got hurt.  Did it again when Von got hurt. 

Maybe it helps with worst case scenarios like Von?

Its also extremely annoying. 

• Eyeroll 1

BREAKING NEWS: The Bill's medical staff just consulted with the Dolphins preeminent concussion expert/head coach Pajama Boy who diagnosed Morse with either a minor back injury or "something wrong with his ankle".  Mitch is now scheduled to start the game in Chicago and play as long as his ankle holds up enough to keep him from stumbling around the field like a drunken sailor on leave. -)

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He’ll be back by Cincy.  

Are you referring to Morse here- I'm kinda confused? If your saying just go play then I'm just disagreeing - concussions when having multiple have proven to just ruin lifes I'm not sure why we would want to wish that ***** on anyone let alone a Bill - but hey we're all different 

Edited by BlazinBill
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

6 Concussions. Do the Math. I hope it isn't the case, but don't be surprised.

Just putting the possibility, out there.

Some people hear, only what they want to hear.

The Man's health, is more important, than the game.

Some people, use too many, commas.  Reading your posts is like talking to a fat guy that just walked up a flight of stairs 😱 

Edited by Tenhigh
  • Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

Are you referring to Morse here- I'm kinda confused? If your saying just go play then I'm just disagreeing - concussions when having multiple have proven to just ruin lifes I'm not sure why we would want to wish that ***** on anyone let alone a Bill - but hey we're all different 

No.  I’m not saying to brush off a concussion 

I’m saying to the people that already have his career over are way overreacting and stop resorting to absolute worst case scenario just because he’s had 5 concussions. 

My point that I can’t believe I’m explaining was that if having 5 wasn’t enough to get him to retire (I remember fans having this discussion in 2020) then why should this one - which we have no clue how severe it is we have no clue where he’s at in the protocol.  

So if left to him to decide I’m telling you he’s finishing this season no matter what.

I trust this league outside of Miami handles these situations better then any sport.  They’re under the best supervision and care and he might even play this week.  

Hunter Renfroe, Treylon Burks, and Joe Mixon are the only guys off the top of my head that have missed multiple weeks.  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

No.  I’m not saying to brush off a concussion 

I’m saying to the people that already have his career over are way overreacting and stop resorting to absolute worst case scenario just because he’s had 5 concussions. 

My point that I can’t believe I’m explaining was that if having 5 wasn’t enough to get him to retire (I remember fans having this discussion in 2020) then why should this one - which we have no clue how severe it is we have no clue where he’s at in the protocol.  

So if left to him to decide I’m telling you he’s finishing this season no matter what.

I trust this league outside of Miami handles these situations better then any sport.  They’re under the best supervision and care and he might even play this week.  

Hunter Renfroe, Treylon Burks, and Joe Mixon are the only guys off the top of my head that have missed multiple weeks.  

Ok I get that and respect your take-.

Don't necessarily agree but we don't need to either -

I guess over the last multiple years of seeing the sad end to players who had multiple is concerning to me and usually these guys are straight dedicated to their team and make decisions that don't always take there future into consideration,

But I guess that's the sport anyway so maybe it's just me being to cautious

I do feel like the Bills have an awesome medical staff and make good decisions with their players and their safety so perhaps this is why I don't make decisions on players

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He’ll be back by Cincy.  

This is one of the most selfish responses I have read here about a bills player.

We are talking about a human being and a good one at that.  He has a brother who is a special needs and you call this "ridiculousness" because the Bills have had enough injuries?  Like Mitch should consider what impact it his on the Bills instead of his health.  Unreal.

The man has made good money, personally I hope he retires to preserve his health.

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

This is one of the most selfish responses I have read here about a bills player.

We are talking about a human being and a good one at that.  He has a brother who is a special needs and you call this "ridiculousness" because the Bills have had enough injuries?  Like Mitch should consider what impact it his on the Bills instead of his health.  Unreal.

The man has made good money, personally I hope he retires to preserve his health.

Can't speak for the poster, but I believe the ridiculousness he is referring to are posters who immediately go to worst case scenario every time someone gets hurt.  

According to those posters - Josh, Von and now Morse are done for the year.  So, I guess they're 1 for 2 so far. 

Edited by SCBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.