Looking ahead to the Bengals- another Cinci DE gets injured

NewEra

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

Sam Hubbard out 2-4 weeks with a calf injury- looks like he’ll be out!  He’s a very solid player

https://nfltraderumors.co/bengals-de-sam-hubbard-facing-2-4-week-absence-with-calf-injury/

Star DE Trey Hendrickson broke his wrist a couple weeks ago and his availability for that game is up in the air.  He wasn’t placed on IR.  If both are out, that’s lucky bounce for us.  

But I expect Hendrickson to be ready come jan 2nd

Their Dline is pretty stout, so if they have a couple that can't go that may be a good thing for our OL considering we will likely be missing a piece of 2 as well

24 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Their Dline is pretty stout, so if they have a couple that can't go that may be a good thing for our OL considering we will likely be missing a piece of 2 as well

Its Definitely a good thing 😉 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Can't speak for the poster, but I believe the ridiculousness he is referring to are posters who immediately go to worst case scenario every time someone gets hurt.  

According to those posters - Josh, Von and now Morse are done for the year.  So, I guess they're 1 for 2 so far. 

OK.

I was referring strictly to Mitch Morse, i dont know what posters wrote re J Allen or Miller.

18 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Ok I get that and respect your take-.

Don't necessarily agree but we don't need to either -

I guess over the last multiple years of seeing the sad end to players who had multiple is concerning to me and usually these guys are straight dedicated to their team and make decisions that don't always take there future into consideration,

But I guess that's the sport anyway so maybe it's just me being to cautious

I do feel like the Bills have an awesome medical staff and make good decisions with their players and their safety so perhaps this is why I don't make decisions on players

Actually, the current working hypothesis by experts in the field is that sub-concussive blows, not concussions, may be the main problem with CTE/long-term injury.  But there is no valid scientific consensus that either concussions or sub-concussive blows cause long term problems.  There are people with lots of blows to the head that never develop CTE, and lots of folks who have CTE that never had any blows to the head. They just don't know why yet.

The science does not support that you have to stop playing after 3, 5 or 15 concussions.  Morse needs to work with his doctors to understand his specific risks.  And I am sure he will not play if the risks are unreasonable.  But the conjecture on this board is just that-- rank conjecture by people with no degree in neurology or neuropathology. Let Morse and the doctors have the time they need.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

6 Concussions. Do the Math. I hope it isn't the case, but don't be surprised.

Just putting the possibility, out there.

Some people hear, only what they want to hear.

The Man's health, is more important, than the game.

18 hours ago, Tenhigh said:

Some people, use too many, commas.  Reading your posts is like talking to a fat guy that just walked up a flight of stairs 😱 

Actually, if you read Bart's post in President Obama's voice, it sounds perfect!  (this is not political ... it's just how Obama speaks and no one else really does)

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Actually, the current working hypothesis by experts in the field is that sub-concussive blows, not concussions, may be the main problem with CTE/long-term injury.  But there is no valid scientific consensus that either concussions or sub-concussive blows cause long term problems.  There are people with lots of blows to the head that never develop CTE, and lots of folks who have CTE that never had any blows to the head. They just don't know why yet.

The science does not support that you have to stop playing after 3, 5 or 15 concussions.  Morse needs to work with his doctors to understand his specific risks.  And I am sure he will not play if the risks are unreasonable.  But the conjecture on this board is just that-- rank conjecture by people with no degree in neurology or neuropathology. Let Morse and the doctors have the time they need.

Ok

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.