TNF- 49'ers @ Seahawks

T&C

2 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This game sucks

It just seems like Seattle could be doing so many things better at an adjustment level 

instead just the same oooh wow the four man pressure got there again 

It took Geno four quarters to realize he needs to stay up in the pocket 

• Agree 1

Just now, UKBillFan said:

Stupid challenge from Carroll.

I need to hit the rulebook because I didn’t understand the distinction being made between “going down on his own” and “giving himself up”.

I thought it was a “giving himself up” and the ball was short

Learn something new….

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

OK, so what’s the logic to not go for 2 here?  If they get a stop and get another TD, is it going to come down to whether they make a 2 pt conversion to tie?

It’s all about staying alive longer. If you go for two and don’t make it, the game is over with time left. You take 7, and keep it a one score game. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

That is some amazingly bad clock management. 

Yeah the announcers were all going on about how the 70 yr old Carrol “70 is the new 30” but I think he just doesn’t have the fire and dedication any more.

I don’t think his team looks well coached and disciplined and he doesn’t seem to make good decisions

Just now, Beck Water said:

They’re praising the look on Brock Purdy’s face?

He should have been picked at least 3x tonight.  He’s playing well for a young QB drafted at the end of the draft, but seriously?

Oh man, buckle up - he’s the new chosen one. If he takes them even one win in the playoffs, it’ll get Collinsworth on Mahommes bad. 

2 minutes ago, balln said:

Wish bills OL could block like that 

God have to listen to Purdy talk all week

He embarrassed the Seattle defense… worth a listen 

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I just keep thinking of Josh with a 49ers style running game. Perfection 

Yeah Josh would love an offense that’s 60% run and all prescribed throws 😂 

6 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

It’s all about staying alive longer. If you go for two and don’t make it, the game is over with time left. You take 7, and keep it a one score game. 

You always go for two because you're going to need it anyways.  That way you know what you have to deal with if you miss it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Purdy looks pretty good considering.  I’d argue the Niners have looked better with Purdy than they did with Jimmy G.  

Jimmy is a statue in the pocket with maybe the worst pocket awareness in the NFL.  Purdy’s pocket mobility and ability to extend plays with his legs is a major plus to this offense.

Niners, on the back of a vicious defense, are playing like one of the best teams in football right now.  This is not a team you want to play in the playoffs right now.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think Purdy looks pretty good considering.  I’d argue the Niners have looked better with Purdy than they did with Jimmy G.  

Jimmy is a statue in the pocket with maybe the worst pocket awareness in the NFL.  Purdy’s pocket mobility and ability to extend plays with his legs is a major plus to this offense.

Niners, on the back of a vicious defense, are playing like one of the best teams in football right now.  This is not a team you want to play in the playoffs right now.  

Yes until the DCs catch up with him. I predict he’ll probably suck. Bad. 

• Agree 1

• Simon unpinned this topic

Ok… i read something like 15/20 posts on the 49ers@seattle thread then i gave up. 

I couldn’t stand anymore all the love we throw at the SAN FRANCISCO FORTYNINERS. 

Alle the love fo Shannahn, all the love for Purdy, Kittle, CMC and their  “best of all time” OL. 

I NEVER read all this love for our Bills, staff, etc , neither when we “were” great. 

I can understand to admit that they are a good football team… but to be so in love with them i find it annoying. 

Sorry.. but it is just what i see. 

Let’s see what happen in the next 3/4 weeks. 

ps they played the Seahawks, just saying. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You do not understand your qb at all

Agree. Josh is not, and never has been, comfortable as a game manager. He is at his best with the ball in his hands consistently. The paint by numbers scheme first, weapons second, QB third offense that Shanahan has in San Fran would not be for him. 

And that is not a knock on Shanny. He is the best offensive mind in the NFL (well, him and Andy Reid) and nobody has his ability to make game managers look like stars. The issue is it is hard to make a star QB play in that scheme because it is designed to take things off his plate and if you have Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes of Joe Burrow you want to put the game in their hands.... because they are your best player!!

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.