Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If they do play this game in the snow instead of moving it to Detroit, I'm worried about our chances. 

We don't run the ball and Tyreek Hill is hard enough to chase down on a clean field, on a slippery one he will be even tougher to stop

Nah

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Allen has probably played zero good games in snow or wet weather. Cold OK, but when it’s wet Allen is bad.

I guess you think Allen was "bad" last week.  I do not.  One or two passes that got away from him, half a dozen drops, and two touchdowns.  He was efficient, did not turn the ball over, and we actually won the game, if that counts for anything.  I thought he had a very good game, despite the lack of gaudy stats.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

Just now, FLFan said:

I guess you think Allen was "bad" last week.  I do not.  One or two passes that got away from him, half a dozen drops, and two touchdowns.  He was efficient, did not turn the ball over, and we actually won the game, if that counts for anything.  I thought he had a very good game, despite the lack of gaudy stats.

Yeah I agree with this.  Two passes sailed and he dirted a screen play.  The rest hit the receivers in the hands, including the one to John Brown.  He could have put more touch on the pass to Knox at the end, but it did hit him in the hands.  Singletary, Knox, Davis and Diggs all dropped passes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

if senor tua isn't at the minimum thinking and planning how he will deal with the cold for me that's in the Bills favor.  IMO no planning equals no preparation.

GOOD! to quote a line used  in Bills lore past JUST FREEZE BABY

4 minutes ago, FLFan said:

He definitely wasn’t good. Mike White threw the ball better. Allen’s running saved him.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If they do play this game in the snow instead of moving it to Detroit, I'm worried about our chances. 

We don't run the ball and Tyreek Hill is hard enough to chase down on a clean field, on a slippery one he will be even tougher to stop

Hill will be impacted the same way our DBs will be. Now White may have a tougher time coming from that injury so there is likely a slight advantage to the Dolphins. 

My prediction is that Bills will try to score quickly with a couple of deep shots early in the game. That will make the Dolphins change their run-focused plan, assuming they have one.

I predict the Bills win this one by 10+ points

Edited by Fan in Chicago

On 12/13/2022 at 11:24 AM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Is us wearing red and Dolphins in all white a good idea if it’s snowing heavy? 

That's what I was thinking. Two reasons to wear white:

1. White will blend into the snow and make it harder for the Dolphins' defense to keep track of everyone. When we're on defense it might make Tua hold onto the ball a little longer if he can't see the defenders well.

2. It would force the Dolphins to wear those candy ass teal jerseys and they would look ridiculous. Opposite of "look good, feel good, play good."

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

I do hope Miami just fall apart from the cold but I always get nervous when the guys in the media push a certain narrative to death.

I'd love to see a game like the WC against the pats but if there's a lot of snow it'll probably be a lot sloppier than that

It wont be as cold as that ( I think it was 4 degrees?) so I don't think it will affect them as much. But it will have an affect since they played in California for two weeks now and went back to Florida to practice and are now coming up to wintery Buffalo as opposed to Patriots players coming from New England in 30 degree weather.

23 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Hill is playing on an injured ankle, so he won't be 100%. Tua has the arm strength of a 5-year-old girl. Watching him throw in the wind and snow will be comedy relief. The Dolphins defense isn't as good as the Jets so the Bills should be able to move the ball more easily this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

Hill is playing on an injured ankle, so he won't be 100%. Tua has the arm strength of a 5-year-old girl. Watching him throw in the wind and snow will be comedy relief. The Dolphins defense isn't as good as the Jets so the Bills should be able to move the ball more easily this week. 

The Dolphins passing game is the short to intermediate routes over the middle. The weather won’t affect them as much as it will the Bills. Allen likes to push the ball downfield and outside the numbers. It’s why he struggles in poor weather.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

The Dolphins passing game is the short to intermediate routes over the middle. The weather won’t affect them as much as it will the Bills. Allen likes to push the ball downfield and outside the numbers. It’s why he struggles in poor weather.

Even completing the short - intermediate routes will be difficult in the wind/snow. Do you remember during the Bills 1st possession against the Jets. I forgot who the WR was but Allen missed him, and he was wide open over the middle. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. Tua is going to struggle Saturday night.

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

They favor this Florida team, yes.

This Bills team is soft and the OC doesn't want to run the football. We caught a real break when they let us move the Cleveland game to Detroit or that woulda been a loss. 

tina fey smh GIF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

This Bills team is soft and the OC doesn't want to run the football. We caught a real break when they let us move the Cleveland game to Detroit or that woulda been a loss. 

The Browns can run the ball.  The Dolphins can't. We will see how it plays out, but I would be shocked if the Bills lose Saturday night. The Bills didn't look soft against a physical Jets team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Ask Mike White and the rest of the Jets about how "soft " the Bills are. Even for this board, what an absolutely ridiculous take..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I disagree…it’s all timing routes with tua throwing to a predetermined read/spot on the field.  A receiver slipping just a bit would completely derail the play.  The bills are exponentially better at improvising.  Also even short throws are heavily influenced by wind for a qb without a big arm/tight spiral 

tua also can’t really throw out routes in ideal circumstances let alone on a cold night when gripping the ball is tough so they’re pretty limited in what spots of the field they attack which defenses have caught on to. 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Crappy weather doesn't move game locations. Only crippling historic storms that cause state of emergency, travel bans, and redirection of first responders will do that.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I'm a Mets fan and even I find this ridiculous.  Errors can absolutely be charged to a fielder if the ball doesn't touch his glove.  And the notion of Derek Jeter padding any stats is nothing short of silly.

Im joking. Im a pretty diehard Yankees fan.

Anyway, this is a good read.

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2022/12/15/23511105/miami-dolphins-buffalo-bills-preview-mike-mcdaniel-sean-mcdermott

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Even completing the short - intermediate routes will be difficult in the wind/snow. Do you remember during the Bills 1st possession against the Jets. I forgot who the WR was but Allen missed him, and he was wide open over the middle. I think it was the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. Tua is going to struggle Saturday night.

Diggs. Could’ve been a TD.

I just don’t know. We’re a terrible tackling defense. We tend to play soft on defense, especially vs speed. If we play soft and have to come make tackles on Hill and Waddle it will be a long night.

18 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

It’s so evident this Bills team is soft serve.  I mean, they only have a top 10 SoS, and roughly 70% of week 1 starters sustained injuries that incurred missed games, and to boot their MVP has played hurt 4 of the last 5 weeks and yet they are still 10-3.  What a pathetic record, this soft ass flaccid excuse for a team has completely quit on Buffalo.

- Delusional Bills Fans

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Diggs. Could’ve been a TD.

I just don’t know. We’re a terrible tackling defense. We tend to play soft on defense, especially vs speed. If we play soft and have to come make tackles on Hill and Waddle it will be a long night.

That was going to be a big play. I remember Romo said the wind affected the throw. If Allen who has a cannon for an arm can struggle sometimes then what chance does Tua have.

5 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

Dolphins fans scared

Tua and McDaniels might be trying to downplay the significance of the cold weather and snow, but Dolphins fans are well aware that this could be a big deal for their team.

Yes the Phish fans want game moved somewhere it is hot but not surprising their god lives in hell.

Frozen-Fish.png

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.