What is wrong with most or you?

TH3

I love these questions … you can tell who’s a troll and who’s a fan with legitimate concerns.  

Most here are fans with legitimate concerns.  

We have an elite QB and an owner who spends a bajillion dollars to front load signing bonuses so Beane can be one of the few GM’s in the league with seemingly zero cap constraints (within reason). 

The goal is to get to, and win, a Super Bowl.  

That’s the lens they are being viewed through … Allen knows it, the players know it, the coaches know it.. and I’m sure the owners somewhat expect it.  

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I love these questions … you can tell who’s a troll and who’s a fan with legitimate concerns.  

We have an elite QB and an owner who spends a bajillion dollars to front load signing bonuses so Beane can be one of the few GM’s in the league with seemingly zero cap constraints (within reason). 

That’s the lens they are being viewed through … Allen knows it, the players know it, the coaches know it.. and I’m sure the owners somewhat expect it.  

This.  100% this.  Every game I watch asking myself if I believe that game beats the 49ers, Cowboys, Eagles, Chiefs, Bengals.  Last 6 weeks have not inspired confidence.

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I am not fully convinced that the OP's question is specifically about football.  I mean, this is the "Off The Wall" Board!" 

Edited by Bill from NYC

21 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

My OCD requires I chastise typos and bad grammar on message boards.  Usually I do so to myself, but your egregious error asked for it. 🤨

You are full or yourself today...

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It all started at a 5,000 watt radio station in Fresno.

KRAP?

• Haha (+1) 1

This fanbase has pockets of fans that are never happy. Last year there where people throwing Josh’s jersey on the highway after the Steelers game.

The team has legit issues particularly at WR and Oline. But this is the team Brandon Beane constructed. He spent a bundle on the defense and expects Josh to make mediocre receivers better then they are. Sometimes it’s worked see Gabe Davis and sometime it hasn’t see Isiah McKenzie. 

• Like (+1) 1

Unrealistic expectations and stockholm syndrome from years of failure. 

This was supposed to be our year (very still might be) so people expected to see the Bills that played the Patriots in the Wild Card round blow everybody out of the stadium en route to a perfect season.  Every game, quarter, series that does not look like championship football fuels doubt. 

People find comfort in the idea that the wheels are coming off and big disappointment is right around the corner.  If it doesn't happen then we're super bowl champs, certainly an agreeable outcome.  If we fall on our faces and Buffalo falls into a giant sinkhole well "I f!%@#$ called it bro! I knew it was gonnna happen."  The Bills suck but at least that individual feels right and likely more intelligent than the next guy.  Its like a hedge on happiness.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Towards the end of games... My wife keeps saying: "YOU'RE so negative!"

😆

I am really NOT.  Failing to plan is planning to fail. As much as I hate this guy. At least kid millennial coach gets something right even if I can't sit still through one of his pressers:

🐓"It's 'cluck'.  I should know."

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm not negative during football games, but my wife has said it's no fun playing golf with me. 

Is this a euphemism?

Maybe try laying up once in a while rather than driving for the green every time. 😇

• Haha (+1) 3

If these people had lived thru the mid 80's Bills, they'd know that making criticisms of any win would have been a welcome luxury.  Right now is very near the top of the mountain for Bills fans.  Enjoy.  And watch us go the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, ExWNYer said:

Is this a euphemism?

Maybe try laying up once in a while rather than driving for the green every time. 😇

or she can try kissing his balls for luck al la Johnny Carson asking Arnie's wife.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.