Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

1 hour ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

As a professional it is his job to either tell the full story or just leave out the tantalizing innuendo.  Maybe he identifies as a teenage girl because a lot of his tweets seem to indicated he missed out on gossip in high school and is making up for lost time.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

You feel confident in that with the way they’ve been playing the last few weeks?

We lost to two good teams at the last second.  We should have won both games.  Boneheaded mistakes cost us both games. Not overall poor play. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I've never heard of Diggs being unhappy

got a link

Never heard that, but the Cole Beasley leftover sentiment could be real.  I’ve heard from some who would also back up the idea that a lot of Bills players agreed with his stance.  

That said.. it’s scar tissue.  We’re a year removed.  But it can reignite when you’re annoyed about other things too.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, boyst said:

they aren't though.

there was enough smoke and talk prior to this season and last season that some people, including myself, were concerned with how McD runs this team. this team is fragile and soft. this is why i don't want OBJ, i don't trust McD.

Ehh...people tend to blow things out of proportion from exceedingly small glimpses through crud covered windows. Kinda like the guy who "saw" them boys coming out of the Sack of Suds in My Cousin Vinnie.

The Bickering Bills were a thing too back in the day and to a man the players said they laughed about it in the locker room while playing it up to the media.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Since this is all just wild unsubstantiated speculation I’ll throw in my random thought based on nothing at all.

Maybe there’s some animosity towards the Von Miller signing by some of the guys on the defense. And to a lesser extent, maybe the Knox contract.

They know that it means Poyer probably doesn’t get paid and he’s one of the guys who helped build this whole thing from the ground up. The team basically dumps him on the eve of the prom to try and hook up with the newly single girl. 

I could see how this might rub some of them the wrong way especially with the way McD preaches culture, family, etc. If there was already some animosity bubbling due to 13 seconds and the D continually coming up short in big moments, I could see a bit of a mutiny brewing. Toss in the offense suddenly making horrible, game changing mistakes and there’s a recipe for “internal strife”.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

When were Poyer and Diggs unhappy? 

moss was unhappy because he sucked and didn’t like being benched. 

Beasley stinks, evidenced by his “comeback” with the Bucs.

poyer and diggs were unhappy with money. it took money to fix it. money is only a bandaid to cover other problems.

a good coach doesn't let a player build resentment.

and you can think beasley stinks, i imagine you have a more valuable opinion than his teammates who defended him at every turn.

Wawrow has actual first hand contact with all the players and front office......where there's smoke there's fire ?

maybe he was told things off the record

maybe he cant say more at risk of getting access hindered/cut off

maybe he shouldn"t be texting after midnight

maybe a bills intern already forwarded this info to beane  and he's in hot water with a call from beane asking him what he's up to

IMO its most likely either frazier or mcclappity are close to getting fired

5 minutes ago, boyst said:

poyer and diggs were unhappy with money. it took money to fix it. money is only a bandaid to cover other problems.

a good coach doesn't let a player build resentment.

and you can think beasley stinks, i imagine you have a more valuable opinion than his teammates who defended him at every turn.

Players wanting money is nothing new 

so, should McD have kept forcing Moss in the lineup when everyone with eyes could see he wasn’t it? 

He stinks. He came back for one game and retired because he didn’t have it anymore. It’s ok to admit. 

• Agree 1

I don’t see internal problems whatsoever. The problems are Josh is too careless with the football. I think that is something he is gonna work thru.  The other problem is the defense plays scared in tight games. That doesn’t get fixed as long as Leslie Frazier is DC. 

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

Poyer being unhappy.

Diggs being unhappy.

behind the scenes with Zach Moss

Araiza

the teams handling of Beasley - when many/most players truly respected and many agreed with him and the team/org didn't back him up was a large issue.

dabol vs. McD

Lol

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, boyst said:

Poyer being unhappy.

Diggs being unhappy.

behind the scenes with Zach Moss

Araiza

the teams handling of Beasley - when many/most players truly respected and many agreed with him and the team/org didn't back him up was a large issue.

dabol vs. McD

Diggs is extremely happy in Buffalo. He walks around like he is on cloud 9.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BillsFan2313 said:

Lol

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Diggs is extremely happy in Buffalo. He walks around like he is on cloud 9.

he had his contract restructured in 2021, my mistake. still he was frustrated with the team that traded for him with all the hoot and nanny then didn't make him feel all that special when they constantly blow him up as the best in the media.

maybe you forgot, but it was a big deal in the 2021 offseason.

• Disagree 1

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

so, should McD have kept forcing Moss in the lineup when everyone with eyes could see he wasn’t it? 

He stinks. He came back for one game and retired because he didn’t have it anymore. It’s ok to admit. 

You can think Beasley stinks, and he does seem to be done.  But that doesn’t change how players in our locker room felt about him and the issue at hand. 

All unsubstantiated but it sounds like Bills players both loved him and agreed with his stance.  

Dude spoke out for other players, and one of them was Gabe Davis, another may very well have been Josh Allen.  We don’t know and will probably never know with him.. nor should it matter. 

But Cole was a big piece of this team.  He’s not just some guy who became a distraction. 

• Agree 3

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Yet here we are, wishing we had a competent slot guy. McKenzie has what, about 15 catches all season? 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yet here we are, wishing we had a competent slot guy. McKenzie has what, about 15 catches all season? 

Surely, if he's still as good and reliable as some here think he is, there has to be an NFL team that can lure him out of retirement, right?

As for Poyer, he's so pissed off at the team that he decided to drive on his own, nearly 15 hours, to play against KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mrags said:

Or maybe he is being blackballed by the league because of Covid and the only guy with enough pull to make it happen was Brady with a puppet HC that didn’t have a choice in the matter because Brady had like 3 healthy WRs that week. 

also his first week on a new team with unfamiliar teammates, coaches, and not getting any work in the off-season, and not super knowledgeable of the playbook. I’m sure none of that had anything to do with why he didn’t play well that game. 

Yes, it's a league wide conspiracy against Beasley.  That's it.  

• Like (+1) 1

My guess would be Dorsey vs. Allen.

Daboll must have been able to speak Josh's language. He seemed to really tone down Josh's worst habits, and maybe even channel them at points where they were needed most (see the end of KC playoff game).

Thing is, Daboll was a defensive player, a safety. I could see him being much better at breaking down Allen's tendencies than a former QB who might even approach things from the standpoint of "Gee, I was good, I could make these reads, he should be able to do it on his own too." 

I'm not sure ditching Dorsey makes sense, but you may need someone other than Joe Brady to be keeping Allen's head together.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Poyer and Hyde are not replaceable.  

This ^ 

Make no mistake - they are replaceable -- they are all replaceable -- just not this year, on this team, with these backups (Hamlin and Cam Lewis don't have their skills or experience). The Buffalo Defense was BUILT from the safety positions -- it is the cornerstone of their entire scheme. Not having both is at the root of our problems on defense this year.

As for Wawrow -- he is the worst kind of journalist. JW is trying to make himself the story -- always has with his unintelligent line of questions. IMO 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

My guess would be Dorsey vs. Allen.

Daboll must have been able to speak Josh's language. He seemed to really tone down Josh's worst habits, and maybe even channel them at points where they were needed most (see the end of KC playoff game).

Thing is, Daboll was a defensive player, a safety. I could see him being much better at breaking down Allen's tendencies than a former QB who might even approach things from the standpoint of "Gee, I was good, I could make these reads, he should be able to do it on his own too." 

I'm not sure ditching Dorsey makes sense, but you may need someone other than Joe Brady to be keeping Allen's head together.

He played a few years in college at S. He was however a high school QB. It’s not like he’s clueless on the position.