Fitz could still start for a bunch of teams!

BisonMan

Looking at the starters and the horrible QB play we’re seeing, I count upwards of 11 teams where I think Fitz would outplay the current starters. Come on Fitz, hang up the mic and add another jersey to your closet! 😁

What’s your number?

• Haha (+1) 2

That 28-3 SB comeback ONLY happened because Matt Ryan turned the ball over in his own territory and IMO the Falcons would have actually won that game against us last fall had it not been for that penalty on Ryan.

Some guys just don't get the moment. 

As far as Fitz, I think that really nasty hip injury he suffered was probably enough for him to say it was time to move on. especially at age 40 (in a few weeks). That sounded REALLY painful. 

1 hour ago, Maybe Someday said:

He did an interview before the season started and said he just physically can’t anymore due to lingering issues from that hip injury. 

Yes.

I'm sure at this point that Fitz is just hoping to avoid hip replacement surgery.

And according to Spotrac, Fitzmagic made over $82 million during his 17 NFL seasons.

I think he's good with retirement.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Yes.

I'm sure at this point that Fitz is just hoping to avoid hip replacement surgery.

And according to Spotrac, Fitzmagic made over $82 million during his 17 NFL seasons.

I think he's good with retirement.

also a lot of free jerseys.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

That 28-3 SB comeback ONLY happened because Matt Ryan turned the ball over in his own territory and IMO the Falcons would have actually won that game against us last fall had it not been for that penalty on Ryan.

As far as Fitz, I think that really nasty hip injury he suffered was probably enough for him to say it was time to move on. especially at age 40 (in a few weeks). That sounded REALLY painful. 

Fitz is smart, he needs his health and family time more than $15m.

Pure speculation, but breaking a hip is one of 2 bones that you can break and bleed to death from. I'd have to think that made things feel pretty real at his age. Did his time overlap with Alex Smith at all? I think they passed shoulders one in, one out, atleast.

Too bad Thursday night games suck cause as much as I love dude, I can't spend 3hrs on Chi/Wash type games, to catch him on the mic

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That ***** guy?

It would be interesting to find out if Brady and Gisele were already having problems (likely) or if it was his reversal on retirement.  It also could’ve been the last straw.  Regardless, the results don’t seem worth it. 

2 hours ago, Maybe Someday said:

He did an interview before the season started and said he just physically can’t anymore due to lingering issues from that hip injury. 

Is this Fitz, or Tua? Given his dark magic, I bet Tua gets hurt again if Fitzy just vacations in South Beach. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BisonMan said:

Looking at the starters and the horrible QB play we’re seeing, I count upwards of 11 teams where I think Fitz would outplay the current starters. Come on Fitz, hang up the mic and add another jersey to your closet! 😁

What’s your number?

He would enter the chat as Josh Allen's backup...:wub:

Just now, Sherlock Holmes said:

He would enter the chat as Josh Allen's backup...:wub:

He would also have to pay Diggs for #14

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Probably shouldn’t have called either of them….

Fair.  They either needed to go all in on Watson or let Ehlinger have a crack at it, I don’t think they are as good as they think they are to be honest. If they had a guy like,  oh Josh Allen, they would be pretty good, but that guy isn’t walking around looking for a place to play.

Good news, they should have a fairly high pick to go after their next QB.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

They would’ve won the game against us?

The play your talking about would’ve made it a 7 point deficit for the Falcons mid 4th quarter…. Not sure why you think they would’ve won had he not committed that unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. 

Maybe I misremembered. I thought that ATL TD would have put them up 2 scores 

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Wentz hit the wall? Never heard of a QB hitting the wall in their 7th year(Besides Gus Frerotte doing it in his 4th year). 

I know you're being mostly facetious with the Gus Frerotte stuff but yes QBs do hit the wall... and in some cases they plateau which is slightly different.

Sometimes (I believe this applies to Wentz) the player has been solved for by the league and simply can't rise above the fact that there's a book on him... he's being game planned for and doesn't have the answers.

So in the case of plateauing it's different than the loss of physical skills which we often see in aging QBs who've hit the wall.

Anyways that Frerotte incident was comic/tragic.

He never seemed like the same player after that self-inflicted injury.

Edited by Sierra Foothills

15 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

It would be interesting to find out if Brady and Gisele were already having problems (likely) or if it was his reversal on retirement.  It also could’ve been the last straw.  Regardless, the results don’t seem worth it. 

I heard it's because he doesn't wear his wedding ring when he plays

15 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I don't want to specula....

Aww after watching him destroy my team for more than a decade, what the hell?

I figure they were mostly done, she gave him an ultimatum, retire or I'm gone, he obliged, but then he realized it was over and now ran back to the NFL as an out, maybe to protect her image too (since the narrative is largely that he NEEDS this, it's HIS life, blah blah blah).

It may be why the rest of his team seems to be treating this season as The Bridge to Nowhereville. They know he's on borrowed time and that probably makes his virtual tantrums even more annoying.

Edited by pocoboy

20 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I do recall him saying in an interview that his mind was still willing but his body wasn't.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Fitz at the age of 40, can play better than 1/3 of the current starting QB's?   IMO...no friggin' way.  I think the love for Fitz(shows up at a Bills game with shirt off, etc...) is clouding the judgement of some.  

Fitz was actually improving with age. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

without a doubt, he’s a better starter than Zach Wilson, Fields, probably Max Jones, maybe Goff, whoever Washington starts, the Colts guys. 

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401326569

They would have been down 22-29 with 5 minutes left in the game, assuming a TD and extra point.  They didn't touch the ball again that day.

Wow! I must have blocked that game out of my mind or something! LOL

My memory of that game is about as wrong as it gets

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Fitz was actually improving with age. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzRy00.htm

without a doubt, he’s a better starter than Zach Wilson, Fields, probably Max Jones, maybe Goff, whoever Washington starts, the Colts guys. 

No way we will ever know since he is retired, but the names you listed are 1/2 of what some were speculating. 😉

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Fitz at the age of 40, can play better than 1/3 of the current starting QB's?   IMO...no friggin' way.  I think the love for Fitz(shows up at a Bills game with shirt off, etc...) is clouding the judgement of some.  

So, JAI7 hasn’t withered Fitz man crush? 🤔

It’s gotta be the shirt off.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.