If The Playoffs Started Today, The Bills Have Beaten the #2, #3, and #4 Seeds

H2o

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Would have beaten the number 5 see too, but for the fact Tua returned very questionably from "back" injury to lead them to a second-half game-winning TD.

They should've won anyway. That's just embarassing, if anything. Tua isn't some great QB.

I think it's weird whenever someone says "Aww, man. We would've won of only Tua wasn't in..." 🤢

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 7

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They should've won anyway. That's just embarassing, if anything. Tua isn't some great QB.

I think it's weird whenever someone says "Aww, man. We would've won of only Tua wasn't in..." 🤢

This is true. It's basically saying "we would have won if the other team wasn't better". Miami was not better. The Bills beat themselves that game. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

19 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think its a great argument either way. Tua wasn't the reason we lost. Just a series of unfortunate mistakes by the offense and missed opportunities by the defense. We will get them in December.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

If everything goes to plan, this will be a truly dominant season for the Bills.

Enjoy the ride.

The question of "Can we do it?" has long been answered.  Of course we can.

WILL we do it?  That will depend on luck, injuries, and the ins and outs of each of the playoff games.

I CANNOT WAIT for the playoffs to start.  

It's when our real challenge starts.

Yes, it's early but we already beat our nemesis and no other AFC team should scare us. Given the crappiness of the NFC any rational observer would have to say the Bills are SB favorites. 

I'm really glad Von is hear to help manage the team's mindset because the goals and expectations are loftier than they have been in decades.

31 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Most people blame the heat and injuries, not Tua coming back in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't think its a great argument either way. Tua wasn't the reason we lost. Just a series of unfortunate mistakes by the offense and missed opportunities by the defense. We will get them in December.

Nevermind that the Bills basically fielding their preseason team, if the Dolphins were on the sunny side in that heat, I give the Bills the edge.

I truly believe that the short pass that missed McKenzie in the end zone was just Josh running out of gas and getting sloppy. 
So, to me the argument that they lost to an inferior team is more about not having a level playing field. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The multitude of Bill injuries and the absurd temperature disadvantage were much more critical IMO than Tua.

Yes.  Our offensive lineman and receivers started dropping like flies due to heat and cramping.  It was the first time I have ever seen "Heat Illness" on the injury report.  Allen was running for his life and throwing to backup TEs and fullbacks while Diggs and McKenzie were running half speed out there.  We lost by attrition. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'm not upset that the Dolphins put Tua back in the game from a Bills perspective.  I'm no fan of Tua, but the real problem I have with it is that they put this guy's health and life in danger.  They had no business sending a severly concussed guy back on to the football field.  It was a pretty scary scene the following Thursday when he got laid out against the Bengals.  The Bills loss was mostly about an uprecedented number of injuries and a crazy heat situation.  The Bills were playing with third string offensive linemen, DBs and WRs, with lots of guys playing out of position.  It's pretty amazing that they still dominated the stat line and were a play of two away from winning that game.  If Allen makes the throw to McKenzie on 4th down in the front corner of the end zone, a THROW he makes 90% of the time, they probably win the game.  (Now it's true that McKenzie might not make the CATCH 90% of the time....)

As to the Bills record, I think most would agree that to be 5-1 after that start to the schedule is fantastic.  And it is truly better that we lost to the Dolphins, who 1) we get to play again, so we can negate the loss in the standings, and 2) they have now lost 3 games already, so we are up 2 games on them without even having played them again, than having lost to the Chiefs, Titans, or Ravens, who we only play once and have better records than Miami.  Sure, it would have been better, standings-wise, to lose to the Rams (an NFC team), but winning that opener on the road, in prime time, against the defending Super Bowl champs was critical for setting the tone for the season and sending a message to the rest of the league.  So, all in all, I think the Bills are in the best position they could be in, given 1 loss.

• Like (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Yes.  Our offensive lineman and receivers started dropping like flies due to heat and cramping.  It was the first time I have ever seen "Heat Illness" on the injury report.  Allen was running for his life and throwing to backup TEs and fullbacks while Diggs and McKenzie were running half speed out there.  We lost by attrition. 

Yeah, that one really long drive killed off half our offense.  I remember when Bates went out and they were tending to him, like half the offense was either kneeling or sitting and taking in water.  They looked like they were all about to pass out.

4 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

Yeah, that one really long drive killed off half our offense.  I remember when Bates went out and they were tending to him, like half the offense was either kneeling or sitting and taking in water.  They looked like they were all about to pass out.

Absolutely.  We had too far to go and it took too long, ironically our success continuing converting 1st downs wore us out at then end.  The receviers started to lose concentration, lot of dropped balls and when it came to get a TD we were exhausted.

20 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Nevermind that the Bills basically fielding their preseason team, if the Dolphins were on the sunny side in that heat, I give the Bills the edge.

I truly believe that the short pass that missed McKenzie in the end zone was just Josh running out of gas and getting sloppy. 
So, to me the argument that they lost to an inferior team is more about not having a level playing field. 

"Hey, hey, Bills, you cant have tents to have shade on the sideline because we don't have tents to have shade on the sideline! It is only fair!"

Meanwhile:

Capture.JPG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

"Hey, hey, Bills, you cant have tents to have shade on the sideline because we don't have tents to have shade on the sideline! It is only fair!"

Meanwhile:

Capture.JPG

Making it worse is the idiotic NFL rule that if the Dolphins choose not to use the misting/cooling blowers that can give some relief, the opposing team can't use them either. I honestly believe that these issues will be brought up at one of the owners meetings. This is about more than fairness (which it isn't) - this is about the serious health concerns that can arise from over-heating.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Was this any different from last season when we beat them 35-7?

Only going from people who were there but I've heard a number say "it is always hot in Miami early in the season, but nothing like that." A friend of mine who isn't even a massive NFL fan and lives in Cayman but was in Florida for the weekend and so went to the game said he found the heat in the exposed bit of the stadium unbearable and spent most of the 2nd half in the concourse to get some shelter. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yes huge temperature difference. Regardless it is less about winning and losing and more about the idiotic restrictions on visiting teams that in spirit are meant to equalize the visiting team to play in the home teams conditions but the home team gamed the system by modifying their stadium to be a giant effing tent to provide shade and then said, Bills you can't have shade because we don't. It is absurd.

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

For your reference from the original thread:

On 9/26/2022 at 9:34 PM, What a Tuel said:

Not sure if serious or not but I posted this on the prior page.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/fl/miami/KMIA/date/2022-9-25

Yesterday:

Time Temperature Dew Point Humidity Wind Wind Speed Wind Gust Pressure Precip. Condition

12:53 PM89 °F72 °F57 %ESE6 mph0 mph29.89 in0.0 inPartly Cloudy

1:53 PM89 °F73 °F59 %ESE9 mph0 mph29.86 in0.0 inMostly Cloudy

2:53 PM88 °F74 °F63 %E10 mph0 mph29.84 in0.0 inPartly Cloudy

3:53 PM88 °F75 °F65 %E13 mph0 mph29.82 in0.0 inMostly Cloudy

https://www.wunderground.com/history/daily/us/fl/miami/KMIA/date/2021-9-19

Last year:

Time Temperature Dew Point Humidity Wind Wind Speed Wind Gust Pressure Precip. Condition

12:53 PM88 °F76 °F67 %E9 mph0 mph30.01 in0.0 inMostly Cloudy

1:40 PM81 °F75 °F82 %VAR3 mph0 mph30.00 in0.1 inHeavy T-Storm

1:53 PM81 °F76 °F85 %W7 mph0 mph30.00 in0.2 inT-Storm

2:53 PM77 °F75 °F94 %CALM0 mph0 mph29.98 in0.4 inT-Storm

3:13 PM78 °F75 °F90 %CALM0 mph0 mph29.97 in0.0 inMostly Cloudy

3:53 PM81 °F76 °F85 %CALM0 mph0 mph29.96 in0.0 inMostly Cloud

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

Making it worse is the idiotic NFL rule that if the Dolphins choose not to use the misting/cooling blowers that can give some relief, the opposing team can't use them either. I honestly believe that these issues will be brought up at one of the owners meetings. This is about more than fairness (which it isn't) - this is about the serious health concerns that can arise from over-heating.

They really should be. I don't know how such things are brought up, but I wish the Vikings would since they won and won't be seen as whining about a loss and more of a concern for player safety.

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Even crazier, the Jets would be the #5 seed, and the AFCE would be the division with 3 teams in the playoffs!

And here everyone was thinking the AFCW would be fielding 3-4 playoff teams 😆

I’m not terribly shocked the Matt Ryan/Russell Wilson experiments haven’t worked out but man the chargers have been disappointing again.  Staley is as good as gone.  I think the bengals will be bouncing the chargers out of the playoff picture soon 

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Only going from people who were there but I've heard a number say "it is always hot in Miami early in the season, but nothing like that." A friend of mine who isn't even a massive NFL fan and lives in Cayman but was in Florida for the weekend and so went to the game said he found the heat in the exposed bit of the stadium unbearable and spent most of the 2nd half in the concourse to get some shelter. 

Seems like the argument has been ‘you know you’re playing in Miami so prepare better’ but we ran out of healthy guys to substitute due to all the injuries we had.  It’s honestly incredible that game was even close.  Miami lost a couple offensive linemen for one play and tua for a drive but they were very healthy according to the snap counts.

it took a perfect storm of heat, injuries, and mistakes for Buffalo to lose to Miami.

And it affected them the next game too, against Baltimore, where they came out flat and fought their way back.

I think the Bills, at least unconsciously, did not think they should lose ANY game this season. Not saying they were expecting an undefeated season, but to lose at all was a shock that took another week to get over.

4 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Even crazier, the Jets would be the #5 seed, and the AFCE would be the division with 3 teams in the playoffs!

And here everyone was thinking the AFCW would be fielding 3-4 playoff teams 😆

I watched part of the Jets- Broncos game and their offense is horrendous (and that was w. Breece)

They have beaten;

- the Browns by 1 after Cleveland's choke (and Brisset will be their backup QB when Watson returns)

- the Dolphins with backup QB

- Denver by 6 with an inexperienced backup QB

- Steelers by 4 with a rookie backup QB taking over in the middle of the game and throwing 3 INT's

Once they play real teams, they will come back to Earth

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Absolutely.  We had too far to go and it took too long, ironically our success continuing converting 1st downs wore us out at then end.  The receviers started to lose concentration, lot of dropped balls and when it came to get a TD we were exhausted.

Agreed.  I also think exhaustion caused the missed 4th down pass.  Josh didn't step into the pass properly.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, ticketssince61 said:

I watched part of the Jets- Broncos game and their offense is horrendous (and that was w. Breece)

They have beaten;

- the Browns by 1 after Cleveland's choke (and Brisset will be their backup QB when Watson returns)

- the Dolphins with backup QB

- Denver by 6 with an inexperienced backup QB

- Steelers by 4 with a rookie backup QB taking over in the middle of the game and throwing 3 INT's

Once they play real teams, they will come back to Earth

Yeah, the Jets story was nice for NY fans and Breece Hall was looking good. Even still, they weren't going to make any noise this year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.