Sal at Yankee Stadium

Albany,n.y.

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

A YF lifer, my 1st. game at (old)Yankee Stadium didn’t happen until I was 40.

I felt like a kid.

Since I grew up in the NY Metro area I went to my 1st Yankee game with my father at age 9.  I appreciate the joy Sal & Max had going to the game.  

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Since I grew up in the NY Metro area I went to my 1st Yankee game with my father at age 9.  I appreciate the joy Sal & Max had going to the game.  

Nothing beats going to a ball game with your dad no matter what age. At first you share memories, then it's a couple 🍻.

Cherished moments for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

It was needed.  Your response wasn't.   Go pee in some cornflakes when you go to Wegmans looking for Howard. 

Howard is still working at not feeling deflated from the Bills drafting Josh Allen and wishing they drafted Rosen

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Astros are like the 2000-2019 regular season patriots to the Yankees regular season Bills.  Complete ownage.  Yet another debacle

I don't really follow baseball but weren't the Astros the team that was caught cheating stealing signals to the pitcher?  Just makes the comparison apt.

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Ironic that those complaining about this thread actually clicked on it and then responded. 
o can easily see why it was a thread. 
Bills - Bills sideline reporter- chance running into him- Bills mafia and community out and about. May not be ground breaking but hey it's kinda cool. 

This was from Sal's Twitter.  The reason I posted it is because Sal has been talking about going to NYC and Yankee Stadium with his son while on WGR the last few days.  I though it was a nice story that Sal and Max made it to the game.  If Sal hadn't been telling the story on the radio the last few days I wouldn't have posted it, but I though some of the listeners would be glad to see they made it to the game.  Obviously the detractors aren't fans of Sal, who is one of the few people on WGR worth listening to.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

why this be in Stadium Wall, yo?

Well I will give you a Bills comparison...........the Yankees owner Hal Steinbrenner makes "cash to the cap" version of Ralph look like a spendthrift. :lol:

The Yankees used to spend about 80% of their gross revenue on payroll during their most recent dynasty around 2000.

Now it's less than 30%........the lowest % of any team in MLB.

When you have 30 straight winning seasons.........the Yankees haven't had a losing season after the Bills lost SB XXVI to the then Washington "Redskins"...............you never get to reset your prospect system and draft at the top...........so you naturally have to buy more and more talent to remain status quo........and if you cheap out..........you get what you pay for.

Vegas was about right.........they had the Yankees as the 6th best team in MLB and they made the final 4 but really were like the 6th or 7th best team.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.