Bills vs Eagles. Who is #1?

unbillievable

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There are good DTs all over the league. We played against a bunch of good ones in 2019 as well. More so than anyone else, the Eagles and Fletcher Cox, kicked our asses. It's a bad match up or something. He took over the games in 2015 and 2019. I'm not talking about other DTs. I'm talking specifically about a DT that plays us hard and has had our number.

I feel confident we will have a plan for him if we have to deal with them in the SB.  We are far removed from those seasons.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Eagles beat the Lions (1-4) by 3 points.

Eagles beat the Vikings (5-1). Solid win against strongest opponent IMO thus far.

Eagles beat the Commanders (2-4)

Eagles beat the Jags (2-4) by 8 points.

Eagles beat the Cards (2-4) by 3 points. 

Eagles beat Cowboys (4-2) with a back up QB.

Outside of being undefeated I don't see how you'd consider the Eagles the better team.

Yeah, they still have a lot to prove to be considered for #1. May well be a really good team, though.

I’ll grant the Eagles may be the most talented team in the NFC, but it’s the inferior conference.  The Chiefs would beat them if they played this year.

Well find out in February, but I’ll take my Bills over anyone.  The Bills SB will be the Chiefs in the AFCCG.  We win, we win the SB.  They won, they win the SB. The NFC doesn’t have a chance.

• Like (+1) 2

That the Eagles are 6-0 and just being credited with a “statement win” beating a Dak-less Cowboys, is perfect fodder for all the media talking twitter tweeters, and the copycat wannabes on there emulating them, to get out in front of the Eagles success should they be for real, to look like they knew.

In other words, lots of tweet, tweet tweet, tweet tweets.

Eagles merit early season banter as a formidable team in the NFC, like the Giants, at best presently.

Edited by I am the egg man

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Don’t flame me too bad but Phillys roster is just as talented if not more than buffalo. Their O line is amazing when Lane Johnson and Kelce are healthy. 3 shifty quick running backs. Solid duo of receivers and goeddert at tight end.  And they do have the best corner tandem in the league. Slay has to be cb1 in the league so far. 
They would be the one team I would not want to face right now. Allen and Buffalo can definitely beat them, hurts still has question marks and I’m not a fan of that coach or their playcalling. Reminds me of McDermott’s first couple years when he didn’t trust the offense to execute anything consistently and coached really conservative. 
I think Buffalo finishes better than them but I’m just basing that off health. I don’t see anyway Philly stays healthy enough to win 13+ games. If pieces start dropping hurts probably isn’t carrying them the way Allen can. 

Jalen Hurts had 155 yards passing Sunday night with that vaunted recover duo. If Josh had 155 yards passing in a game people on this board would demanding he be traded he has this fanbase that spoiled. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Don’t flame me too bad but Phillys roster is just as talented if not more than buffalo. Their O line is amazing when Lane Johnson and Kelce are healthy. 3 shifty quick running backs. Solid duo of receivers and goeddert at tight end.  And they do have the best corner tandem in the league. Slay has to be cb1 in the league so far. 
They would be the one team I would not want to face right now. Allen and Buffalo can definitely beat them, hurts still has question marks and I’m not a fan of that coach or their playcalling. Reminds me of McDermott’s first couple years when he didn’t trust the offense to execute anything consistently and coached really conservative. 
I think Buffalo finishes better than them but I’m just basing that off health. I don’t see anyway Philly stays healthy enough to win 13+ games. If pieces start dropping hurts probably isn’t carrying them the way Allen can. 

I agree with this. Jalen has been a play maker, but the guy only has like 6 passing TD's. Until he proves to be able to slice and dice, I take Buffalo all day everyday and think they are ranked over their record. Their schedule has been easy, and the rest of their season is a relative joke. 

They are likely about as good as the last few Titans and/or Colts teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

Teams don't rotate DL like the Bills do, and that's the key.  The whole Eagles MO is to exhaust the defensive line and linebackers by running at them 50 times a game.  They have the most rushing attempts of any team at this juncture - 225.    Falcons are second with 202, Browns third with 198.  

Shady is just wrong on a lot of the Philly stuff. He is a homer at the end of the day. He talks about the roster and the defenses. Run defense specifically. But Buffalo has the overall advantage on Philly in nearly every category but their run game. Everybody was quick to say Philly has the better roster....but do they? Not to mention that the Bills went through the SB champs, the no 1. seed in the AFC, and Patrick Mahomes to get here. Meanwhile Philly has run the gauntlet of some of the worst teams in the league.

Rush Def:Advantage Buffalo

Buffalo: 3.5 YPC - 452 yards - 4 TD

Philly: 5 YPC - 659 yards - 6 TD

Pass Def: Advantage Buffalo, less scoring more INTs

Buffalo: 1232 yards - 5TD - 10 INT - 19 Sacks

Philly:  1129 yards - 7TD - 9 INT- 17 Sacks

Pass Off: hahahahaha
Buffalo: 1988 yards - 17 TD - 4 INT
Philly: 1502 - 6TD - 2 INT

Rush Off: Philly 

Buffalo: 707 yards - 4.8 YPC - 3 TD - 6 Fumbles

Philly: 936 yards -  4.3 YPC - 13 TD - 3 Fumbles

36 minutes ago, Mango said:

Shady is just wrong on a lot of the Philly stuff. He is a homer at the end of the day. He talks about the roster and the defenses. Run defense specifically. But Buffalo has the overall advantage on Philly in nearly every category but their run game. Everybody was quick to say Philly has the better roster....but do they? Not to mention that the Bills went through the SB champs, the no 1. seed in the AFC, and Patrick Mahomes to get here. Meanwhile Philly has run the gauntlet of some of the worst teams in the league.

Rush Def:Advantage Buffalo

Buffalo: 3.5 YPC - 452 yards - 4 TD

Philly: 5 YPC - 659 yards - 6 TD

Pass Def: Advantage Buffalo, less scoring more INTs

Buffalo: 1232 yards - 5TD - 10 INT - 19 Sacks

Philly:  1129 yards - 7TD - 9 INT- 17 Sacks

Pass Off: hahahahaha
Buffalo: 1988 yards - 17 TD - 4 INT
Philly: 1502 - 6TD - 2 INT

Rush Off: Philly 

Buffalo: 707 yards - 4.8 YPC - 3 TD - 6 Fumbles

Philly: 936 yards -  4.3 YPC - 13 TD - 3 Fumbles

The Bills have beaten all 3 other division leaders in the AFC.  

Tennessee, Baltimore and KC all lead their divisions and all of them got L's against the Bills.

Just now, BananaB said:

If the Eagles are better then us because they are 6-0 all the 5-1 teams are better then the Chiefs. Just saying.

Joy is terrible. I said this in another thread the other day. No insight at all just reads stats. 

And she isn't even really hot to distract us from those terrible takes like some of the other hosts on shows are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Look, I like the Eagles. I even like Eagles fans.

There is no way in hell that they are a better team than the Bills. The NFC is paper soft this year. Hurts has surprised me this year, but I think Lamar Jackson is a better QB.

I'll grant that they have a better run game and tight ends but I will take our QB and WRs any day.

The Bills have the #1 scoring defense to their 6th, and that's with playing against the reigning Super Bowl champs, Lamar Jackson, and Pat Mahommes. They haven't let anyone score higher than 21. Meanwhile the Eagles have played...Detroit and Minny (who aren't bad) and then Arizona, Jacksonville, the Commies and a backup QB led Cowboys.

Good on them for playing up to their schedule. They didn't pick it.

But they'd be a lot closer to Earth if they were in the AFC

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look, I like the Eagles. I even like Eagles fans.

There is no way in hell that they are a better team than the Bills. The NFC is paper soft this year. Hurts has surprised me this year, but I think Lamar Jackson is a better QB.

I'll grant that they have a better run game and tight ends but I will take our QB and WRs any day.

The Bills have the #1 scoring defense to their 6th, and that's with playing against the reigning Super Bowl champs, Lamar Jackson, and Pat Mahommes. They haven't let anyone score higher than 21. Meanwhile the Eagles have played...Detroit and Minny (who aren't bad) and then Arizona, Jacksonville, the Commies and a backup QB led Cowboys.

Good on them for playing up to their schedule. They didn't pick it.

But they'd be a lot closer to Earth if they were in the AFC

They have as good if not better roster than Buffalo. I wasn’t going off points or competition, just the talent on the roster. 
I’m not into rankings or forcing that everything Buffalo has to be ranked first and if Buffalo played Philly it would probably be a pretty close game. They would matchup pretty good against each other. 

Just now, Bills2022 said:

🤣  I hope you are trolling.  We might have the best offensive and defensive rosters in the NFL.  

Not trolling at all. And I gave all the reasons why. Talent wise they matchup just as good as Buffalo and better in some areas. 

Honestly: I think the Eagles will be favored in every game going forward but they only have 5 games where they could lose (barring a real big upset): @ Colts, vs. Packers, vs. Titans, @ Giants, @ Cowboys

If the Bills had the Eagles schedule there would be legit talk of 17-0. 

If the Eagles had played the Bills schedule so far they'd be 3-3

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Not trolling at all. And I gave all the reasons why. Talent wise they matchup just as good as Buffalo and better in some areas. 

The difference between Allen and Hurts is enormous.  The difference between Allen and Mahomes and every other QB in the league is enormous, which is why one of their teams is going to win the Super Bowl.   The Eagles defense gave up 315 yards of offense to the Cooper Rush led Cowboys.  They couldn't even put 300 yards of offense the other night against the Cowboys. 

Honestly, I don't even see the Eagles getting to the Super Bowl.  They are a very good team that will beat average and bad NFL teams, which appears to be the entire NFC.  My guess is someone like the Niners or Bucs will get healthy and hot at the right time and knock the Eagles out.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the Cowboys knock them out of the playoffs. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bills2022 said:

The difference between Allen and Hurts is enormous.  The difference between Allen and Mahomes and every other QB in the league is enormous, which is why one of their teams is going to win the Super Bowl.   The Eagles defense gave up 315 yards of offense to the Cooper Rush led Cowboys.  They couldn't even put 300 yards of offense the other night against the Cowboys. 

Honestly, I don't even see the Eagles getting to the Super Bowl.  They are a very good team that will beat average and bad NFL teams, which appears to be the entire NFC.  My guess is someone like the Niners or Bucs will get healthy and hot at the right time and knock the Eagles out.  I wouldn't even be surprised if the Cowboys knock them out of the playoffs. 

None of that is a dispute. Still doesn’t change my opinion that they have as talented if not more talented roster than buffalo. I didn’t say they were a better team. 

• Like (+1) 1

Eagles seem to be a good team but I still don't believe in Jalen Hurts and I think it's more likely they fold down the stretch like the Cardinals did last year vs. being a team that continues to roll all the way to the SB.

Also still think that Dallas will end up winning that division when it's all said and done.

11 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Lesean McCoy identifies as an Eagle.

LOL of course he does.  Those were his Glory Years, 6 years, 2 All-Pro, 5 years as the "Bell Cow" with 2 1300+ and one amazing 1600 yd rushing season (100+ ypg) - he had more than 2000 yds from scrimmage that season - with Mark Sanchez as the QB.  He WAS that offense.

When it comes to stuff like this I always trust Vegas oddsmakers, they look at more than just results unlike ESPN and many others. MGM currently has the Bills as pretty big SB favs. The Eagles are 2nd, Chiefs 3rd.

After the Fish game, ESPN had the Minnows #1 in their power rankings, but MGM had them #9 in SB odds because unlike the talking heads, the oddsmakers looked at the entire situation (our entire secondary out, several other injuries before and then during the game, the excessive heat, etc).

1 hour ago, Rc2catch said:

None of that is a dispute. Still doesn’t change my opinion that they have as talented if not more talented roster than buffalo. I didn’t say they were a better team. 

In what way is their roster better tho? Because the DVOA on defense, against far superior competition, certainly doesn’t reflect that. And at WR Diggs Davis > Brown Smith every day of the week and twice on sundays.

12 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

We have Josh Allen, Philly doesn't.....case closed

4 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

In what way is their roster better tho? Because the DVOA on defense, against far superior competition, certainly doesn’t reflect that. And at WR Diggs Davis > Brown Smith every day of the week and twice on sundays.

Slay and Bradberry are the best corner tandem in the league imo 
And when Kelce and lane Johnson are healthy it’s probably the best O line in the league. 
I listed all these reasons on the first page. 
There are plenty of ways Buffalo is better as well. It’s not like I’m on here beating a drum that Philly is a better team. 

• Like (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Give it to the Eagles right now. 

They're 6-0 so they're the best. 

Based on that logic, the Giants and Vikings are better than the Chiefs.  And the Jets must be equal to the Chiefs since they have the same record.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, dma0034 said:

Honestly: I think the Eagles will be favored in every game going forward but they only have 5 games where they could lose (barring a real big upset): @ Colts, vs. Packers, vs. Titans, @ Giants, @ Cowboys

If the Bills had the Eagles schedule there would be legit talk of 17-0.

If the Eagles had played the Bills schedule so far they'd be 3-3

I feel like similar can be said for the Bills, but it has more to do with how talented we are.

I do not see a game left on our schedule where we will not be the favorite. I dont even see a single game that should be close or tough. Maybe Vikings (but that's at home). Maybe @Bengals, but not if they keep going in the same direction.

I think outside of losing a close game against THE SUN, I'm already talking about the Bills going 16-1 (shouldve been 17-0).

45 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Until the Eagles lose, they're #1

We lost to a Dolphins team whose QB was playing, with his brains sloshing around in his skull.

I expect us to be #1 soon and after the Super Bowl, which is what matters. To be #1 now, we shouldn't have lost to the bottlenose.

We lost to THE SUN. And kept it close.

57 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

It's not.  Maybe at RB but who cares about RB?

Shady grew up in Harrisburg, PA an Eagles fan

His favorite team is 5-0

He made his name as an Eagle

Can't blame the guy for a bit of homerism.

Analytics says otherwise:

Top 10 Team DVOA (Football Outsiders)

1) Bills - 43.3!

2) Eagles - 29.1

3) Ravens - 23.2

4) Cowboys - 19.8

5) 49ers - 16.4

6) Tampa - 15.4

7) Chiefs - 10.1

8 ) Jags! - 9.2

9) Seahawks - 6.7

10) Patriots - 6.6

Top 10 Total SRS (ProFootball Focus)

1) Bills - 17.9!

2) Ravens - 9.2

3) Eagles - 7.9

4) Bengals - 6.6

5) Chiefs - 5.9

6) Pats -4.9

7) Jets - 4.4

8) Cowboys - 3.7

9) Dolphins - 3.6

10 ) Tampa - 3.2

By any analytics (maybe not PFF 🤣) the Bills are far and away the top team in the NFL so far this season.

Bills beat 2 teams in the top 10 of both lists (Ravens and Chiefs)

Funny to see Ravens and Eagles top 3 in both. According to many here Lamar Jackson sucks.

It is the offensive DVOA and offensive SRS keeping the Ravens in the top 3 of both lists.

Chiefs are top 10 in both but no higher than 5th in either.

Two 5-1 teams are not in either top 10: Giants and Vikings.

DVOA shows the NFC to be stronger. SRS shows the AFC is stronger.

By SRS the AFC East has 4 of the top 10 teams in the league. This may be why many here (me included) are saying the AFC East is no cakewalk.

7 teams on both top 10 lists: Bills (1/1)/ Eagles (2/3)/ Ravens (3/2) / Cowboys (4/8) / Chiefs (7/5)/ Tampa (6/10) Pats (10/6)

Those are your top 7 teams by analytics

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Funny to see Ravens and Eagles top 3 in both. According to many here Lamar Jackson sucks.

It is the offensive DVOA and offensive SRS keeping the Ravens in the top 3 of both lists.

Or he is just not an elite quarterback, which is what everyone here is saying.  "Sucks" appears to be your words. He is on a 3-3 team and has a 1-3 playoff record. The goal of the NFL is to win games and win championships. It isn't to have the best "analytics" or whatever garbage is being pushed as an indicator of how good a team is.  99% of people who watch football regularly know the Bills are the best team in the NFL and the Chiefs are the second best team in the NFL. They don't need some analytics to tell them.  Same goes for Lamar Jackson. 99% of people who watch football know he is a great athlete with limitations as a QB.  We don't need analytics to tell us that. 

Edited by Bills2022

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.