Cardinals trade for Robbie Anderson

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I've been saying it since before he signed with Carolina.  

Kind of weird, but Robby is one of my favorite players in the league. Lots of talent and he plays so fluid and smooth.  

Don't look now, but Hopkins, Hollywood, Anderson and Ertz is potentially lethal.  

If they keep losing they might trade Ertz at the deadline. 

I’m thinking about creating a thread about that. 

• Haha (+1) 3

39 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Knew Robbie was going to get traded. Floated his name on here a few days ago. Contract wouldntve worked though 

Yeah a dude who yells at his OC and gets dismissed is EXACTLY the kind of guy you want to introduce into this locker room JFC.

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At that price he is a bargain. I'd have tried to get in on that.... although maybe it happened so fast there wasn't time. 

No he isn't. His bull#### outweighs his middling talent. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

At that price he is a bargain. I'd have tried to get in on that.... although maybe it happened so fast there wasn't time. 

Well then I'm glad there wasn't enough time, Anderson might be talented, but he is not worth the headache he brings where ever he goes. I think he is a perfect fit with Kyler, two guys that have all the skills and none of the work ethic, may they both enjoy playing call of duty together when they miss the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think if Kingsbury and company are fired then the new GM & HC will probably want their own QB. I don’t think Kyler is going to last in Arizona much longer

Dead cap #s of over $97 million in 2023 & over $81 million in 2024 means he'll be there for a while.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/kyler-murray-29036/

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of weird, but Robbie is one of my favorite players in the league. Lots of talent and he plays so fluid and smooth.  

Don't look now, but Hopkins, Hollywood, Anderson and Ertz is potentially lethal.  

Hollywood is broken for a long time. Hopkins has been banged up for two years. Ertz is mid tier at this point and it's should be telling you something that Carolina got rid of Anderson the second Rhule was gone. That wasn't the first issue. Guaranteed.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Isn't his skill set pretty much the same as Gabe Davis? A receiver like OBJ I get because he gives us something more well rounded.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Kind of weird, but Robbie is one of my favorite players in the league. Lots of talent and he plays so fluid and smooth.  

Hollywood Brown's injury may be season ending. Just announced within the last hour. Makes sense for AZ, Brown and Anderson are both field stretchers. Anderson basically fills in the Brown role now. Getting Hopkins back gives them their big possession WR, and Ertz still has gas in the tank.

Solid move by AZ, but can Murray make hay with his weapons?

4 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Dead cap #s of over $97 million in 2023 & over $81 million in 2024 means he'll be there for a while.  

New GM might try and see what he can do restructure wise but that’s pretty gnarly though lol. Arizona is going to be in trouble unless they find a coach that has a better system that can make Kyler a better player. 

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

kinda weird given they have Hopkins returning this week and a plethora of WRs they brought in that haven't been able to elavate Murray's game for him. Maybe he can play QB?

Not as weird when you find out Marquise Brown may be done for the year with a foot injury.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, SACTOBILLSFAN said:

Yeah a dude who yells at his OC and gets dismissed is EXACTLY the kind of guy you want to introduce into this locker room JFC.

No he isn't. His bull#### outweighs his middling talent. 

Well that just happened yesterday. I mentioned his name days ago. Obviously after yesterday you know it someone who wouldn’t fit here

24 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Well then I'm glad there wasn't enough time, Anderson might be talented, but he is not worth the headache he brings where ever he goes. I think he is a perfect fit with Kyler, two guys that have all the skills and none of the work ethic, may they both enjoy playing call of duty together when they miss the playoffs. 

Whoa there is nothing to suggest Anderson lacks work ethic. Quite the opposite in fact. Now if you are saying there are major character questions, that is fair. 

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I get the anti-process vibe. But for a 6th and a 7th? Bargain. 

If we got a tanker full of gasoline for six bucks it would be a bargain price until our building burned down.  Why would you want to introduce a giant douche like Anderson into a locker room like ours?

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Isn't his skill set pretty much the same as Gabe Davis? A receiver like OBJ I get because he gives us something more well rounded.

He is a downfield guy like Gabe, yea. But he brings a fair bit more speed. I have always been a fan right back to his Temple days. Tough, fast, competitive... there are some questions about him off field and yesterday was a bad look but the Cards are only on the hook for vet minimum and can get out for $0. I think that is worth a flier. 

Bring him in tell him to behave to chase a ring if he doesn't you lose basically nothing by cutting him and what does he cost you? Another Rashaad Wildgoose or Luke Tenuta? 

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

If we got a tanker full of gasoline for six bucks it would be a bargain price until our building burned down.  Why would you want to introduce a giant douche like Anderson into a locker room like ours?

Yes. We have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check and if he plays up you cut him and lose nothing. It is vet minimum and no dead money. In a Superbowl window and with outside receiver depth an issue that is a risk I'd take 100 times out of 100.

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He is a downfield guy like Gabe, yea. But he brings a fair bit more speed. I have always been a fan right back to his Temple days. Tough, fast, competitive... there are some questions about him off field and yesterday was a bad look but the Cards are only on the hook for vet minimum and can get out for $0. I think that is worth a flier. 

Bring him in tell him to behave to chase a ring if he doesn't you lose basically nothing by cutting him and what does he cost you? Another Rashaad Wildgoose or Luke Tenuta? 

Yes. We have a strong enough locker room to keep him in check and if he plays up you cut him and lose nothing. It is vet minimum and no dead money. In a Superbowl window and with outside receiver depth an issue that is a risk I'd take 100 times out of 100.

I’m not saying I’m an advocate but it seems as if the Bills may have their eye on another WR with “personality” who, although self promoting, require little to know locker room check keeping.  I’d prefer him to Anderson by a long way.  I’m sure if the Bills are inclined there will be other options as well.  

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I’m not saying I’m an advocate but it seems as if the Bills may have their eye on another WR with “personality” who, although self promoting, require little to know locker room check keeping.  I’d prefer him to Anderson by a long way.  I’m sure if the Bills are inclined there will be other options as well.  

Of course you don't do it if they are bringing in OBJ. He will cost a lot more though too. And I agree there are other options but I have wanted an upgrade at 3rd outside receiver since the spring. You can see what a difference it makes to our offense when Gabe is up and healthy. I'd like there to be some more depth there. All things considered Anderson is a risk I'd have been willing to take balancing character with availability, production, skillset, cost and contract.

11 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Of course you don't do it if they are bringing in OBJ. He will cost a lot more though too. And I agree there are other options but I have wanted an upgrade at 3rd outside receiver since the spring. You can see what a difference it makes to our offense when Gabe is up and healthy. I'd like there to be some more depth there. All things considered Anderson is a risk I'd have been willing to take balancing character with availability, production, skillset, cost and contract.

I just don’t see taking the risk with Anderson,  He is one of the biggest idiots in the whole league.  His Antonio Brown like exit from yesterday’s game wasn’t really a total shock to anyone paying attention.  We’ll disagree on him.  I do agree that an additional outside threat would be nice and am skeptical that it can be Stevenson upon his return.

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

kinda weird given they have Hopkins returning this week and a plethora of WRs they brought in that haven't been able to elavate Murray's game for him. Maybe he can play QB?

Maybe their #1 WR is out for the season? Who knows

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/17/report-marquise-brown-suffered-potentially-season-ending-foot-injury-on-sunday/

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea he can play Anderson. What is the cost? There is a price at which I'd have been interested although he probably constitutes anti-process. 

Robbie Anderson is pure anti-matter:

Don't practice.

Don't study.

Don't hustle.

Don't care.

= Don't Play

Now this mental midget gets to play with a Midget playing QB!

• Disagree 1

30 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I will never root for Arizona, as long as JJ Watt plays for them.

I'm not over him saying that he chose the Cardinals because he wanted to play for a contender. (over the Bills).

Is hating JJ Watt a thing or did he poop on your lawn? Dude's an all-time great.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Not a bad pickup...Anderson has talent. They are about to get Hopkins back...they could make some noise if Murray gets it together and stops playing video games while he should be studying film.

They stink. Murray stinks. Their coach stinks. They are going nowhere.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Our starting wrs aren't the issue. The problem is we are one injury away from Kumerow becoming a starter. We have zero depth. 

Anderson would have been a good get at that price. But he may not have been happy here being a backup. 

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agreed. That's a great rental price. Would've had no interest beyond a rental year.

"Both fish and house guests stink after 3 days"

3 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Maybe they can hire Billy Beane as their GM 😆😆😆 gunna need it with 100mill less than everyone else

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.