Will Chris Jones get penalized for tripping play not called? Will Zebra?

Punching Bag

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

I expect a nicely worded letter to be sent to the Bills organization "hey, sorry we missed that call.  My bad.  Sincerely, NFL"

That catch by Kelvin Benjamin that we ruled INC?  It was really a TD.  Our bad.

That TD in Houston that we called a touchback?  It was really a TD.  Our bad.

That crackback block in Houston that we called on Cody Ford?  That was really legal and you should have won that playoff game.  Our bad.

That contract that Indy gave Wolford?  We're gonna let them do it, but that kind of contract will be illegal from now on.  Our bad.

We have more apology letters from the NFL than any other team in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 3

What I liked about Allen’s response is to point it out to the blind Ref IMMEDIATELY!

And to show, right out their in the open for all to see, exactly what that dirty move was!

So nobody…

NOT BILLS FANS

NOT CHIEFS FANS

NOT ANY FAN

NOT THE REF

NOT THE NFL

was uncertain about what he was disputing! 

Even multiple fans on the Chiefs Board, commented that Jones got away with a dirty hack job!

Clearly, Refs are substandard. 
I’m not going to rehash my decades old comment about firing them all and rehiring Div 1 ex football players, with high IQs and 20-20 vision, etc.

But surely, as a minimum, we are here now:

“ At some point, the NFL is seriously going to need a Sky Judge: Someone to radio down and call that tripping penalty — or to nullify a roughing the passer that isn’t.”

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

That crackback block in Houston that we called on Cody Ford?  That was really legal and you should have won that playoff game.  Our bad.

That contract that Indy gave Wolford?  We're gonna let them do it, but that kind of contract will be illegal from now on.  Our bad.

I vaguely remember that the Bills received 2 letters, 2 games in a row one year.  One was against the raiders where we scored on 4th and goal from the 1 and they called it stopped.  I can't remember what the other game was though.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Watch the replay again.  Jones fully extends his leg in Josh's direction, as the photo in @ExiledInIllinois's post shows.  It was clearly deliberate and the incompetent reffing crew we had today let it go.  An egregiously bad non-call.

That photo caught him red-handed, noway does a person shift his weight that way... Anyway,  doesn't have to be deliberate to be a penalty even though it was very, VERY much a deliberately done act of tripping!

This is the same scum bag that the refs tagged on the Brady phantom thing erroneously... The NFL must be turning into the NHL.  The Refs were probably told to look the other way with him.  Yeah!  But NOT on a play like this!😏 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BananaB said:

Lol. The ref is the only person in the stadium who could of taken a better picture then that, and we have evidence to prove it’

😆He's like the "Keep on Truckin'" guy:

keep-on-truckin-rob-hans.jpg

We wouldn't be laughing IF thar cost the Bills the game!🤢

This one's for @Mike in Horseheadsand my wife that told me stop, calm down about the Refs: "Bills won despite the Refs, and the fix!" 😉😜😘 (Okay, 1/2 joking there... BUT the vitriol was flowing outta my mouth at the TV yesterday!)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Beast said:

Back in the day he’s get a nice chop block at the knee, from a side angle, the next snap he was on the field.

That is the honest-to-God's-truth.  It's a brutally tough game now, but nothing like what it was.  

4 hours ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

There was something about the ref's body language when he was telling Josh to give him the ball that irks me, like he had a bone to pick with him, thus the non-call.  Like a nerdy hall-monitor being given power over the jock.

I mean, if you think about the scrutiny that RTP is under right now and the fact that it happened like 3 feet from that ref...is it really possible that he missed what 100% of people watching in real time saw?

Well, Josh was screaming in his face, so it would make sense if his body language was a little off.

Really horrible missed call, though. And it came in a big situation. They also called some really weak holds and PI's throughout the game. I thought there were a couple late hits on Allen that weren't called. Josh used to get those calls a lot, but he doesn't seem to get those as much any more.

5 hours ago, Southern bills said:

The way I see it is, yes refs blow calls each week, there were a few in this game. With the way roughing the passer has been called this year, there is no way the ref should have missed that call. The good news is the team did not lose its composure and was able to finish the game. 

I saw an article that said the Rams are planning to propose roughing the passer being able to be challenged. It would be nice to also be able to challenge missed calls. Of course if the refs treat it the same way they did passing interference any rule change would be pointless anyway.

Yup. You just hope that blown calls don’t determine the outcome. There’s always some call made or not made that fans can complain about. Funny how you don’t see fans of the winners gripe that often - present thread excepted. There was an obvious hold by the Bills after the trip and I said to my daughter’s bf who’d been complaining about the trip, “If the Bills lose, our fans will complain about the trip not getting called. If the Chiefs lose, their fans will complain about that hold or something other call or non call. It’s just how things are.”

I didn't notice this before! 

Watch the replay in this video, and keep your eyes on Jones the entire time.

Follow him as he runs away from Allen, after the trip, with Allen and the ref behind Jones.

As Jones is getting close to the edge of the screen, he throws his arms up, not in celebration of his play, but with that guilty way of saying "I didn't do anything; it wasn't me!"  I think he heard the whistle and somehow interpreted it to mean "penalty."  So he went all defensive, because he knows he's guilty.

I never noticed that!  Without this evidence it's obvious he intentionally tripped Josh, but this destroys any defense that guy has!

Edited by Nextmanup

This really pissed me off.  Two refs right there looking at the play from opposite sides.  Neither see it.

Jones gets credit for a HUGE 3rd sack after getting schooled and cheated.  

I think it’s plays like this where the nfl needs to add an official in the booth that can throw flags on blatant offenses.  But I realize that it will

never happen due to “where do you draw the line on what that official could flag?” and “what signifies a blatant offense?”  

There will be missed calls- it just sucks when it’s so blatant especially on a deciding down.  That was a HUGE successful cheat.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

This really pissed me off.  Two refs right there looking at the play from opposite sides.  Neither see it.

Jones gets credit for a HUGE 3rd sack after getting schooled and cheated.  

I think it’s plays like this where the nfl needs to add an official in the booth that can throw flags on blatant offenses.  But I realize that it will

never happen due to “where do you draw the line on what that official could flag?” and “what signifies a blatant offense?”  

There will be missed calls- it just sucks when it’s so blatant especially on a deciding down.  That was a HUGE successful cheat.

It will piss you off even more to know they seen it then.  You can see the ref in the back put his arms out to brace himself for impact and start backpeddling.  No way he didnt see it.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Southern bills said:

The way I see it is, yes refs blow calls each week, there were a few in this game. With the way roughing the passer has been called this year, there is no way the ref should have missed that call. The good news is the team did not lose its composure and was able to finish the game. 

I saw an article that said the Rams are planning to propose roughing the passer being able to be challenged. It would be nice to also be able to challenge missed calls. Of course if the refs treat it the same way they did passing interference any rule change would be pointless anyway.

Didn't the league do this for like 5 weeks a few years back with challenging DPI, and collectively the officials decided they weren't over turning a single one under any circumstances? (Think it was the Nikel Robey missed call that got Rams to SB)

I may have to rethink who I hate the most on the Chiefs.

Before yesterday it was Kelce, but I think Jones may be that guy now. He's definitely become a goon and one of the dirtiest players in the league probably why he was flagged last week against the Raiders even though it was an iffy call.

The biggest issue I had in this game and others is what actually is D in particular DB holding? Seems like we got multiple calls in a row and 3rd and longs. Actually 3-1 first downs due to penalties.
Just like the Phins game where we had multiple and they had none. Meanwhile, KC points to the soft call on Kelce (who pushes off all the time) .. and it was soft. Just consistency like a strike zone is critical for players to adjust to. They missed the trip, but just like Brady seems as KC gets the critical call when needed. 

9 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Had no clue what the Wolford thing was! I woulda been 5 so makes sense but wow, what a grimy deal. Especially by an (at that time) in division team.

Found an article on it, with quote from Irsay... not that I ever liked the guy, but I sure as hell don't like him anymore than I did.

9 hours ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

What I liked about Allen’s response is to point it out to the blind Ref IMMEDIATELY!

And to show, right out their in the open for all to see, exactly what that dirty move was!

So nobody…

NOT BILLS FANS

NOT CHIEFS FANS

NOT ANY FAN

NOT THE REF

NOT THE NFL

was uncertain about what he was disputing! 

Even multiple fans on the Chiefs Board, commented that Jones got away with a dirty hack job!

Clearly, Refs are substandard. 
I’m not going to rehash my decades old comment about firing them all and rehiring Div 1 ex football players, with high IQs and 20-20 vision, etc.

But surely, as a minimum, we are here now:

“ At some point, the NFL is seriously going to need a Sky Judge: Someone to radio down and call that tripping penalty — or to nullify a roughing the passer that isn’t.”

Sky judge is inevitable in my opinion. Too much BS going on, and at the same time, can be done much more quickly than standard procedure for challenges now. 

Let's hope they have the decency to make this guy a full time employee 🙄🙄🙄

• Like (+1) 1

I have never liked tripping as a penalty. I personally think it should be fair game. 

Most of the time when its called its incidental.

That being said it IS a penalty...and the Jones instance was as bad an example of it as their could possibly be....literally right in front of multiple refs and us all...on a critical drive and down.

I don't fine Jones...I suspend or admonish the refs. I'd also issue an apology to the Bills.

2 hours ago, RichRiderBills said:

I have never liked tripping as a penalty. I personally think it should be fair game. 

Most of the time when its called its incidental.

That being said it IS a penalty...and the Jones instance was as bad an example of it as their could possibly be....literally right in front of multiple refs and us all...on a critical drive and down.

I don't fine Jones...I suspend or admonish the refs. I'd also issue an apology to the Bills.

It's a penalty and always has been since the dawn of football because it's dangerous.  Dangerous like clipping. 

Those two penalties have been on the books since the beginning. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.