Steelers @ Bills Game thread - First half

Simon

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

No offense to Leodis, but Elam seems way smarter than him. Hopefully that makes his ceiling even higher.

No offense to Leodis, but Elam seems way smarter than him. Hopefully that makes his ceiling even higher.

Good point Leodis did seem dumber than ***** but I think the heavy southern twang didn’t help.  Elam seems like he’s got a good head on his shoulders 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Morris is an example of how well this staff develops players. Picked up as an UDFA. Worked with him all last year on the PS and now he is starting look a serviceable TE2.

Also helps when the team is so competitive for every roster spot and in every practice, you never want to be the guy who everyone else looks at and is like...Dude, are you gonna pull your weight at some point?

It's like an environment where every big play fuels up someone else to want to go make a big play

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That was only 1 of the 4 (5?) receptions Elam has given up.

Yes, he has given up some catches but the others were all short completions given up keeping it infront of him. This defense is always going to give up some of those plays. It is the way we are desinged.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They are absolutely stacked at wr…crazy that Pickett is playing well and it’s still a blowout so far.  Most people would’ve given pit more of a chance if they knew Pickett would look this composed

i would say thats picketts biggest acommplishment against this D...is hasnt really made any rookie mistakes....yet

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

The game doesn't look too big for him. However, is he going to be an elite QB? I can see him being good or very good but not elite or franchise. Does that make sense?

Too early to say but we shall see.  Doesnt look elite but he does look good and composed.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Shakir is going to be really good

He's going to have rookie moments but I have to say that without a doubt he's been the member of our draft class who has gotten up to speed quickest who still projects high. (Almost forgot about Benford)

I'm not down on Elam but he is definitely still a project. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Like someone said on draft weekend, if Shakir was taken in 3rd round and Bernard in the 5th nobody would have been complaining about not addressing the offense.  Shakir looks like the real deal. 

So to an extent, sure, but going into the draft I thought OL and outside WR were the needs. I loved the Shakir pick. I had a 3rd round grade on him. But he is a slot guy and I felt we had options there. That said he was always long term gonna be an upgrade on Crowder and Isaiah.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.