Steelers @ Bills Game thread - First half

Simon

2 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

It's super windy and we still have lots of starters out lol....relax

Can we even use wind as an excuse anymore?   It’s basically every home game.   Kinda just what we are. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Which is why our home field is trash.  

We’re so much more talented than this team, but wind helps even the playing field. 

should be a strength though.   obviously this isnt the 90s anymore.   but teams used to hate coming to buffalo because of the weather.   

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

This isn't how a championship teams looks or plays.  After 1st 2 games we LOOKED like a superbowl winning team.  Now we look average; maybe a top 10 team.  Yes, injuries etc.  But my HIGH expecations (and I think most other peoples) are now WAY LOWER for the season - if we keep playing like this.  Desperate and nervous.

It's almost like our starting o-line, receiving corp and secondary have been outright decimated to the point where a third or half our starters aren't playing.

I know, our backups should be playing as good as our starters.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

You know how you do that? Throw a 7 or 8 yard pass up the field. Cut it in half, not a pass right down the line of scrimmage with 16 yards to go

I'd have to watch the film/replay, if the DBs are playing off then its a good play to get your best player the ball. Either as a lil WR screen, or it could have simply just been a "now" play based on the coverage.

Make teams also respect the short pass, setting up the long pass.

Edited by letsgoteam

1 minute ago, Irish Dave said:

This isn't how a championship teams looks or plays.  After 1st 2 games we LOOKED like a superbowl winning team.  Now we look average; maybe a top 10 team.  Yes, injuries etc.  But my HIGH expecations (and I think most other peoples) are now WAY LOWER for the season - if we keep playing like this.  Desperate and nervous.

It's a long season. They are 3-1 and I'm pretty happy about that. Wins are what's it's about right now. I want this team to get healthy and peak at the end of the season. It's too early to be so pessimistic. That's a lot coming from me. 

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can’t believe people are on Shakir to field that punt. It was clear the wind was doing crazy things to it. That was a super smart play to let it bounce. There have been two muffs already in this game due to the wind.

Yeah,  I'd rather he just stay the hell away from it if he has any doubt about it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.