Fan Duel ranks the top 10 pro athletes in NY

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Fan Duel ranks the top 10 pro athletes in NY

Judge way too low and Diggs too low. No offense to Mets fans but Yankees > Mets just like Giants > Jets who both surprisingly have nobody on this list lol. Durant is a fraud similar to Eichel. Big name that can't lead, can't win on their own. Good player but way overrated

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Kyrie Irving?!?!

deGrom needs to go to a team that can score more than 1 run when he is pitching.

deGrom needs to be able to pitch.  He's damaged goods.  But yes ... he's never had run support.  I'm glad Cy Young voters finally stopped voting based on wins.  It was always stupid and made no sense.

59 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Judge way too low and Diggs too low. No offense to Mets fans but Yankees > Mets just like Giants > Jets who both surprisingly have nobody on this list lol. Durant is a fraud similar to Eichel. Big name that can't lead, can't win on their own. Good player but way overrated

guy just compared Durant to Eichel

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yankees may be better than the Mets but degrom and scherzer are two of the best pitchers in the league 

33 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

guy just compared Durant to Eichel

Yup both big cry babies who are vastly overrated and who can never lead a team because they are selfish and only care about themselves. They will never be on the level of the greats because the greats get everyone around them to play better. Making a comparison that resonates with the readers, not saying they are the same level of talent but similar in that they are frauds

18 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Yup both big cry babies who are vastly overrated and who can never lead a team because they are selfish and only care about themselves. They will never be on the level of the greats because the greats get everyone around them to play better. Making a comparison that resonates with the readers, not saying they are the same level of talent but similar in that they are frauds

resonates with readers??

anyway…Durant came back from a ruptured Achilles into the crazy shoe that the Nets became with chronic malcontent Hardin, chronic drama queen Kyrie (great leader of men right there…) and now hopeless softee Ben Simmons.  Durant has been the constant.  Yes he’s had some issues with his social media stuff and he’s injured more in his 15th year.  But fraud? Eichel for sure, Durant no.

but by all means, keep your “readers” resonating with this pure gold take machine!

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

resonates with readers??

anyway…Durant came back from a ruptured Achilles into the crazy shoe that the Nets became with chronic malcontent Hardin, chronic drama queen Kyrie (great leader of men right there…) and now hopeless softee Ben Simmons.  Durant has been the constant.  Yes he’s had some issues with his social media stuff and he’s injured more in his 15th year.  But fraud? Eichel for sure, Durant no.

but by all means, keep your “readers” resonating with this pure gold take machine!

The Nets are a dumpster fire because Durant isn't a leader. Thanks for proving my point. Do you think guys would act like that on MJ's team? Magic? Bird? Durant had to join the best team in the league and a top 5 team in history to win. He will never win again because he's just a guy on his own. He could never say this is my town and I'm bringing them a championship. He's not that kind of player and never will be. He needs to join a super team to win and I have no respect for guys like that. Especially big babies like him who get butt hurt over every little thing said about them. I bet he will reply to this post because he's so fragile

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The Nets are a dumpster fire because Durant isn't a leader. Thanks for proving my point. Do you think guys would act like that on MJ's team? Magic? Bird? Durant had to join the best team in the league and a top 5 team in history to win. He will never win again because he's just a guy on his own. He could never say this is my town and I'm bringing them a championship. He's not that kind of player and never will be. He needs to join a super team to win and I have no respect for guys like that. Especially big babies like him who get butt hurt over every little thing said about them. I bet he will reply to this post because he's so fragile

Oh yeah...he's of of your readers!

But excellent point: because he's not MJ, Magic or Larry (forget the fact that the latter 2 played on teams loaded with stars), Durant is Eichel.

Wait til he reads that...

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Bills have 2 of the top 10, Sabres 0

1. Allen

2. deGrom

3. Cole

4. Judge

5. Scherzer

6. Stanton

7. Durant

8. Diggs

9. Von Miller

10. Irving

NHL is a very regional interest only in US and a minor league revenue sport compared to the other 3 so I wouldn't put any hockey players on the list.

Durant and Irving are of probably the two best athletes on the list but their antics and the generally not-fan-friendly,  play when we feel like nature of the NBA hurts them in a fan poll, IMO.

20 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Oh yeah...he's of of your readers!

But excellent point: because he's not MJ, Magic or Larry (forget the fact that the latter 2 played on teams loaded with stars), Durant is Eichel.

Wait til he reads that...

My readers? I said the readers as in people who read the forum posts. You sound like someone who reads something and then twists it up in your head to make yourself right so no use in continuing here as it will be misconstrued in some weird way. And PS Durant is still an overrated cry baby 👍

1 hour ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Yankees may be better than the Mets but degrom and scherzer are two of the best pitchers in the league 

The Skanks are not better than the Mets. And NYC has always been and always will be a National League town.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

He doesn't even belong on the list.  Neither does deGrom.

If you don't think DeGrom belongs on the list, you haven't watched baseball the past 4 years.

The CY Young award is given to the best pitcher in the league. It is extremely difficult to win.

2021: Injured after 15 games. At the time he was the best pitcher in the league: 1.08 ERA, 0.554 WHIP, 7-2 Record, 14.3 K/9.

2020: 3rd in Cy Young voting.... 2.38 ERA, 0.956 WHIP, 104 strikeouts (more than any pitcher in the NL).

2019: Cy Young award winner

2018: Cy Young award winner

If not the best pitcher in the league, he's easily top 3.

I'm not a Mets fan and don't watch much baseball, but I know enough to not embarrass myself with statement like "DeGrom isn't a top 10 NY athlete."

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If you don't think DeGrom belongs on the list, you haven't watched baseball the past 4 years.

The CY Young award is given to the best pitcher in the league. It is extremely difficult to win.

2021: Injured after 15 games. At the time he was the best pitcher in the league: 1.08 ERA, 0.554 WHIP, 7-2 Record, 14.3 K/9.

2020: 3rd in Cy Young voting.... 2.38 ERA, 0.956 WHIP, 104 strikeouts (more than any pitcher in the NL).

2019: Cy Young award winner

2018: Cy Young award winner

If not the best pitcher in the league, he's easily top 3.

I'm not a Mets fan and don't watch much baseball, but I know enough to not embarrass myself with statement like "DeGrom isn't a top 10 NY athlete."

I am a Mets fan and I watch every game and have been (when able) since 1983.  I know exactly how awesome Jake deGrom is, believe me.

I made the assumption that this list was for this year.  So far this year, deGrom has thrown exactly zero meaningless pitches and hasn't done so since July 2021.

That's why I said he doesn't belong on the list.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.