Source: Bills interested in Western Michigan WR Skyy Moore

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Goctb?

I listen to Yates on Fantasy Pros while prepping for my fantasy draft, but never took him for having sources

Though I do think Skyy has interest from a lot of teams. He grew up with Mike Tomlin’s kids so I would think their would be a lot of interest there.

Edited by LEBills

I kind of wonder if NFL scouts are a bit higher on Moore than amateur draft "experts". 

Specifically, the consensus seems to be that he's a 2nd round guy, but I wonder if he ends up going in the latter part of the 1st round -- maybe to Buffalo.

Size probably limits him to the slot position as a receiver, but he would be an upgrade from McKenzie as a gadget player.  He's probably got enough mass to line up in the backfield as a running back.  He would be a fun tool for an offensive coordinator that has some imagination.

• Agree 1

So this means we definitely aren't drafting Skyy Moore, right?

Seems like a second round pick anyways, likely not the guy at 25 but probably also gone by pick 58. The tape is awesome but he's on the smaller side and didn't test crazy well so can't see him going in the first.

• Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

So this means we definitely aren't drafting Skyy Moore, right?

Seems like a second round pick anyways, likely not the guy at 25 but probably also gone by pick 58. The tape is awesome but he's on the smaller side and didn't test crazy well so can't see him going in the first.

He’s not a 1st rounder, though some team could reach. 

7 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

sounds like he won’t be around at 57 as most are pegging him late first to mid 2nd 

Agreed.  I don’t think he’s there @ 57, but I’m not opposed to trading up for him….or trading back from 25.  I just don’t like the value @ 25.  I’d see it like taking Jalen Raegor over Justin Jefferson or Tee Higgins.  We don’t know who’s going to be left just yet, but I think there will be at least a couple WRs that I’d prefer

It's funny how the world works today:

A guy named Kyle Yates -- no one's idea of an unimpeachable, trustworthy source -- claims Buffalo is interested in a certain player, and this report is based on HIS unnamed source -- and we're all gonna talk about it and debate for 10 pages.

So, to recap: the unnamed source of a relatively no-name Twitter draft guy claims that the Bills are interested in a draft prospect -- in the midst of a time of year when the Bills are likely showing interesting in A LOT of draft prospects -- and we'll all buzz about it for a whole day and the Cover 1 guys will post breathless Youtube breakdowns and people will argue....over a Kyle Yates "unnamed source" report.

I'm not knocking it. I get that there's only so much to talk about this time of year, and it's fun discussing prospects, and all we have to go on is rumors, but...

It's just funny. That's all.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Breaking news… 32 NFL teams are interested in Skyy Moore 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

A guy named Kyle Yates -- no one's idea of an unimpeachable, trustworthy source -- claims Buffalo is interested in a certain player, and this report is based on HIS unnamed source -- and we're all gonna talk about it and debate for 10 pages.

So, to recap: the unnamed source of a relatively no-name Twitter draft guy claims that the Bills are interested in a draft prospect -- in the midst of a time of year when the Bills are likely showing interesting in A LOT of draft prospects -- and we'll all buzz about it for a whole day and the Cover 1 guys will post breathless Youtube breakdowns and people will argue....over a Kyle Yates "unnamed source" report.

I'm not knocking it. I get that there's only so much to talk about this time of year, and it's fun discussing prospects, and all we have to go on is rumors, but...

Hey it’s on the internet so it has to be true 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

It is funny. Connecting the dots and it makes a lot of sense.  From some things said since our season ended, adding playmakers with YAC seems to be on the agenda. He was the #1 RAC guy in college last year.  I wonder if he’s going to be able to run through the arm tackles in the nfl like he did in college

32 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Size probably limits him to the slot position as a receiver, but he would be an upgrade from McKenzie as a gadget player.  He's probably got enough mass to line up in the backfield as a running back.  He would be a fun tool for an offensive coordinator that has some imagination.

He's more a slot guy in the immediate future, but I definitely think he's got the potential to play outside, long term.

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s not a 1st rounder, though some team could reach. 

I think a very likely scenario is us trading our 1 back and improving our 2... Seems like our slots in the first and second aren't great fits for WR and CB needs. But 2 early 2s feels like it's a really good spot to address both. 

source: Brugler Dane - released his "Beast" today - 1698 player rankings and 398 player analysis

small extract from the Athletic (paywall)

projects as slot-receiver - 7th best WR and 39th overall

SUMMARY: A three-year starter at Western Michigan, Moore was a boundary wide receiver (slot and outside) in offensive coordinator Eric Evans’ RPO-based scheme. A quarterback and cornerback in high school, he made the switch to receiver at WMU, learned under Dee Eskridge and became the first 1,000-yard receiver since Corey Davis (2016), averaging 5.7 catches per game over his 30 games for the Broncos. A physically and mentally tough competitor, Moore creates route leverage with his foot quickness and is extremely reliable at the catch point thanks to his large, sticky hands and quick-reaction ball skills. Although he isn’t an explosive YAC threat, he flashes natural instincts with the ball in his hands and makes it a chore for defenders to get him on the ground. Overall, Moore might have [52] trouble creating sizable passing windows vs. NFL coverage, but he has outstanding hands and reflexes with the detail-oriented mindset to grow into a three-level threat. He projects best as an NFL slot receiver. GRADE: 2nd Round (No. 39 overall

Edited by First Round Bust
sp
  • Thank you (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SaratogaMike said:

You can have Skyy. I'd rather have Calvin Austin.

My sentiments exactly.  If we're gonna go the route of undersized, speedy WR's, I'd much rather prefer Austin.  I will say I like Moore's physicality over Austin's, he isn't afraid of contact, and will fight for balls. However, Austin's got blazing speed and gets separation routinely cause of that extra gear.  Moore ran a solid 4.41 forty, but Austin ran a smoking 4.32.  Austin also has the potential to be a PR.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.