Bills Sign Ike Boettger

aristocrat

I was thinking about starting another Bates thread to see if anyone had any info, but I found some articles online that basically say that the Bills are considering their options on matching or not.  I suspect it will depend on the size of the Bears' offer.  Unfortunately, to the extent there's any information out there, signals point to the Bills not matching.  Of course, the Bills also were not going to re-sign Matt Milano last year, and did.  They also were not going to be big players in Free Agency this year and went out and signed Von Miller.  So, I will withhold judgment until the final decision is made.  I believe the deadline is tomorrow.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]

I will say this, movement on the IOL front, Hernandez signing with ZONA, etc likely means a decision on Bates has been made. We just don't know which way it went.

For example, maybe Hernandez was in a holding pattern as he would be a fit for us. Maybe he found out we are keeping Bates so he signed with Arizona. Or maybe he was planning on trying to go to the Bears and when he found out they got Bates, he signed with Arizona.  

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I will say this, movement on the IOL front, Hernandez signing with ZONA, etc likely means a decision on Bates has been made. We just don't know which way it went.

For example, maybe Hernandez was in a holding pattern as he would be a fit for us. Maybe he found out we are keeping Bates so he signed with Arizona. Or maybe he was planning on trying to go to the Bears and when he found out they got Bates, he signed with Arizona.  

Will Hernandez is terrible.  Not an NFL caliber player.  Kyler will be running for his life, more then he already has.

Would love to know what the Bears offer is.

• aristocrat changed the title to Bills Sign Ike Boettger
35 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I don't think Ike will play this year, but I am glad he is back. I like the player a lot. 

This has nothing to do with Bates imo. Probably a minimum salary to rehab. 

With Boettger back and Greg Mancz signing it definitely could mean Bates is gone. I'd welcome bringing in another veteran OG/T to compete for the RG spot (as expected Stafford to be our LG). 

3 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Will Hernandez is terrible.  Not an NFL caliber player.  Kyler will be running for his life, more then he already has.

Would love to know what the Bears offer is.

We'll find out tomorrow, I have a feeling it's going to be in the $3-$3.5 milion range.

• Haha (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I don't think Ike will play this year, but I am glad he is back. I like the player a lot. 

This has nothing to do with Bates imo. Probably a minimum salary to rehab. 

I like Boettger alot as long as he's on the bench.  I hope we don't regret losing Bates like Teller.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, I thought Boettger's injury looked pretty bad...as in, probably not playing at least the first half of this season bad.

But since this is a 1-year deal, I suppose that means it's not as bad as expected.

• Agree 3

This has nothing to do with Bates, it's doing right by Ike to allow him to rehab with the Bills. It's a 1-year deal for a season he won't play.

No NFL player has ever returned to 100% of their pre-injury form after an achilles rupture. It would be absurb to expect Ike to step in for Bates this year, it's not happening. I'd be surprised if he ever starts a game again.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

• Simon pinned this topic

I suspect he ends camp on IR, it would be best for him and the Bills that they see how he is doing in camp and then “red shirt” his recovery with the teams doctors and trainers. But if he is somehow responding well he adds some depth to the Oline that badly needs it.

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We will probably take either a OT or a OG in the draft at some point even with the signings.....but our starters appear to be set which is a good thing.

Now....address corner please

Yeah I think some of those mid late round guys like Cam Jurgens, Alec Lindstrom, Logan Bruss, Luke Fortner or super athletic and versatile  Zack Tom make a lot of sense. Tom is a college left tackle who will kick inside. Maybe RT tackle prospects who could play inside like Luke Goedeke. 

I would be shocked if we don’t pick corner and receiver in the first two rounds with linebacker possibly in the mix as well. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.