Rex Ryan was right!

Dan Darragh

55 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

anything Rex said ever is/was a lie.  Scum self-centered narcissist.  Big fat piece of ..........sugar 

Why so angry?  OK, we can all agree that Terry and Kim got better at coach hiring after RR but I'm less upset about Rex than I was about Dick Jauron.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Why so angry?  OK, we can all agree that Terry and Kim got better at coach hiring after RR but I'm less upset about Rex than I was about Dick Jauron.

That is a tough call....I am on record (I know everyone is keeping track) as saying that the Dick Jauron years were my least favorite years of Bills football..not necessarily their worst, but I hated Jauron as head coach. Boring, scared football... I knew Rex was an awful hire, and was not happy when they hired him...but I will admit, I fell for the hype just a little that first year... so glad we are past all that!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dan Darragh said:

Jauron tried but wasn't a competent HC. Ryan was and still is a self promoting blowhard and yes, a narcissist.

44 minutes ago, Buftex said:

That is a tough call....I am on record (I know everyone is keeping track) as saying that the Dick Jauron years were my least favorite years of Bills football..not necessarily their worst, but I hated Jauron as head coach. Boring, scared football... I knew Rex was an awful hire, and was not happy when they hired him...but I will admit, I fell for the hype just a little that first year... so glad we are past all that!

"It's hard to win in the NFL."

2 hours ago, Dan Darragh said:

Those teams with Rex were stacked with talent. If he was in any way organized and not driving to go watch a world series game or doing stupid press conferences we probably make the playoffs his first year here. He was all bluster and no substance

DJs team had a serious talent gap. For them to win 7 or 8 games each year was impressive looking back 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buftex said:

Stick with the Dick Jauron pick for worst ever. Rex wasn't good by any means but at least there was energy. I'll never forget Jim Kelly once saying that during the Jauron years he'd be in the Bills locker room after the game and could never tell if we won or lost. Probably the reason I took to McD so quick was his emphasis on culture from the second he got the job.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

I've been a Bills fan long enough to remember even worse years than the Jauron years.  There were the Harvey Johnson years (two stints), the John Rauch years, the Hank Bullough years, the Jim Ringo years...

• Like (+1) 1

"They approached the start of the new NFL year nearly $7 million over the 2022 salary cap of $208.2 million. What general manager Brandon Beane and the Buffalo Bills have been able to do since then has been almost incomprehensible."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/state-of-the-bills-home-runs-keep-being-hit-in-free-agency

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.