JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

1 minute ago, teef said:

Do you remember him reasoning out why Jim Harbaugh was god like?  It was total nonsense…to the point where it was dishonest. 

I also don’t think a signing like this would stop them from signing jones if it really is their intention.  It shouldn’t at least. 

Yea Jim Harbaugh sucks at anything after the immediate shock factor.

On the signings it will be interesting to add up all the money at the end and look at whether, for example, a Norwell and Jones double was feasible. Cos that is where I'd have gone. 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea Jim Harbaugh sucks at anything after the immediate shock factor.

On the signings it will be interesting to add up all the money at the end and look at whether, for example, a Norwell and Jones double was feasible. Cos that is where I'd have gone. 

I admittedly don’t know much about the guy, but I can’t imagine this staff thinks they’re where  they need to be right now because of this signing.  Just a nice tool in the tool box.  If cost end up being the issue, I get the anger. 

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

High end talent at all positions? You're cracked. That's not the modern NFL works. You find talented draft picks and integrate them with a couple top FAs or targeted FAs which fill the holes you have. You can't possibly have a "high end talent at all positions" kind of a team- it's impossible.

It’s not impossible. We just don’t draft well enough to do it. 

• Eyeroll 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In fairness Art Van Winkle is right that it is a lot of money for a 3rd down back. I say again we have to stop obsessing about having the deepest roster and start prioritising having the best team. 

When people say "how coud we have afforded Chandler Jones?" The answer is by not handing out the lower to mid tier deals to backups.

I'm also in this camp. I'd like to believe you can find a guy that can do what McKissic does as a UDFA or on a vet minimum type deal. I have no idea how fast he is, but he looks quite unimpressive in his highlights. He hasn't played in great offenses, but he's also never made an above average impact. I'd rather have 1 star like Jones that can throw a team on his back when it matters most, more than a team full of jobbers that can beat poor teams through depth and fail against superior competition.

We saw it all in the playoffs this year. The Bengals have massive holes and they were able to get tot he show based on performance of their top-end. The Chiefs have also been doing this since before Pat Mahomes got there. The Bills are built a bit too "polite" with a bunch of hard workers that don't possess what it takes to get them where they need to go.

In order for us to win a Super Bowl with the roster as-is, I think we'll have to get pretty lucky. We're good enough to get back to the championship a certain percentage of the time, but teams like the Chiefs, Bucs and Rams have shown what it takes to get the job done, and we're trying to tell them all that they're wrong and we know best. I don't feel great about that.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I feel like none of you have ever watched JD McKissic in your life. This description of him is so laughable. Prepare to be incredibly disappointed.

We’ve seen two years of Zack Moss. Be prepared to enjoy your life.

• Haha (+1) 1

he's not fast, so i don't like that part, but josh allen with a screen game, and some kind of threat of a run is a freaking nightmare.  doing what we did vs kc in the playoffs early, where we put in the runs and short plays as body blows to set up the big hitters, is a lot easier if you have your wr's running deep and the RB running a good route underneath with some space.

2 hours ago, gonzo1105 said:

He is very good at catching the ball, not just in the screen game but also down the field with wheel routes and angle routes. 

He’s a pretty explosive guy, will probably play the role that most envisioned Cordarelle Patterson would have played if he came here. Another speed guy on offense to cause mismatches underneath. Another good under the market signing. 

He is not explosive. Another slow undersized back. Was hoping for a  player with speed, another horrible contract for Beane. 

j.d.-mckissic-ras-12610.png

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

JD McKissic absolutely sucks. Do people here ever watch football outside of Buffalo or do you just cheer any and every signing and move they make? $7 million for a 29 year old JAG journeyman. 

Imagine thinking Allen + McKissick is better than Allen + Breece Hall. This board sums up why we haven’t done anything in the Bills existence. 

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate having McKissic over Moss or even Singletary on 3rd down situations, but Breece Hall is basically a better version of McKissic. But whatever. 

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine thinking Allen + McKissick is better than Allen + Breece Hall. This board sums up why we haven’t done anything in the Bills existence. 

Imagine being so attached to one draft eligible player who's never even played a down of NFL football that you flippantly dismiss and belittle anyone who disagrees with you or is happy about a player who actually HAS proven useful in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Ok I will bite, so where does Breece Hall go in the draft in your estimation?

Edited by freddyjj

Just now, freddyjj said:

Ok I will bite, so where does Breece Hall go in the draft in your estimation?

Late 1st early 2nd round. I would be ok trading down a few spots or even taking him at 25. I want to dominate by having high end talent on offense. Breece has more talent than McKissic. 

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But this is why we don’t win Super Bowls. You need high end talent at all positions. Breece Hall is faster and equally catches passes as well as McKissic. I don’t want to just get better, I want to dominate. That’s what it takes to win Super Bowls. 

Still on a crusade, eh? The anti-beane stuff is getting laughable. But I’m sure you know more than him. 

Question- how many NFL Executive of the Year awards have you won?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate having McKissic over Moss or even Singletary on 3rd down situations, but Breece Hall is basically a better version of McKissic. But whatever. 

Pretends to know about football.....suggests we draft a RB in the first round......

Amazing 🤣

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Late 1st early 2nd round. I would be ok trading down a few spots or even taking him at 25. I want to dominate by having high end talent on offense. Breece has more talent than McKissic. 

Yeah ***** that, no way we were ever taking a RB in the 1st or even early 2nd.

Productive NFL player.  He  provides an underneath element to attack teams that sit back in zone.  Versatile player.  I like it more than a bringing in a guy because of his 40 times.  In the NFL he can beat linebackers and be effective.  

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah ***** that, no way we were ever taking a RB in the 1st or even early 2nd.

This is why we haven’t had a great runner in years. Most of the best talent goes in the 1st or early 2nd. OJ Simpson, Thurman Thomas. It isn’t a coincidence. It’s time we go after Breece Hall and have a dominate rusher again to pair with Allen. 

Ok we will  see if Hall as a pro > McKissic 

Remember OBD only gave out $2-3mm per year with no draft pick for McKissic and will likley have the 1 year escape hatch in contract.

And a key element is OBD is looking at 2022 performance for the 2nd RB on this team

And we have Singletary already.  If no Motor I could see the need for Hall being greater. 

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Still on a crusade, eh? The anti-beane stuff is getting laughable. But I’m sure you know more than him. 

Question- how many NFL Executive of the Year awards have you won?

Oh! Oh! I think I know the answer to this one! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is a great Beane signing. Gives the Bills a sturdy RB, who blocks like a TE. and is one of the best RB pass catchers in the league. People here have notorious short memories, Singletary was a non-factor for 3/4 of the season, and posters here wanted him and Moss gone. (Plenty of evidence in the not to distant archives). Amazing how many posters here have stated they "Never heard of Mckissic". Do you folks just follow Bills games only, and turn the NFL off when the Bills aren't playing? Beane is working his magic once again.    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, freddyjj said:

Ok we will  see if Hall as a pro > McKissic 

Remember OBD only gave out $2-3mm per year with no draft pick for McKissic and will likley have the 1 year escape hatch in contract.

And a key element is OBD is looking at 2022 performance for the 2nd RB on this team

And we have Singletary already.  If no Motor I could see the need for Hall being greater. 

Like I said. I’m not mad about McKissic. I think he is good for this offense and he will improve our attack. But I want to be better than good, I want to be great. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not impossible. We just don’t draft well enough to do it. 

sure. Right. I mean Josh was a terrible pick. So was Oliver. And Bass is horrid. Gabe Davis sucks for sure. Tying up Tre white was stupid. Milano’s contract last year was a mistake. He should have kept Tyrod. And FA signings and trades like Poyer, Hyde, Diggs, Morse, sanders, Beasley… just stupid. He’s horrible. You are clearly right. 

Enjoy your delusions.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It must really suck for you that this is a top 5 team every year....I mean it kills your arguement

He has no argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Top 5 isn’t good enough. Let me know when Beane brings us a super bowl victory. 

How spoiled Bills fans got in only like 3-4 years. From shedding tears of joy for ending the playoff drought, to demanding a Super Bowl victory.

Classic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

How many downs has Hall played in the NFL? Zero? Oh, ok. Thought so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How spoiled Bills fans got in only like 3-4 years. From shedding tears of joy for ending the playoff drought, to demanding a Super Bowl victory.

Classic.

Lmao we are spoiled for wanting a super bowl victory? Wtf isn’t that the goal? 

I bet the interview went like this. Hey Beane we are looking to build a top 5 roster, can you do that for us? No pressure on winning a super bowl though, no worries, if it happens it happens. 

Beane, sure I can do that! 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

7 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

Yes he can.  I think he'll get some action to see how does with punt returns in addition to kickoffs.  

He has not returned a punt as a pro and only 23 in college where he was nothing special.  3 pro teams have decided not to let him even try. 

Might be worth a try on KOs only.  Interesting WFT never let him return these either.  No returns since 2019 and only a career 19 YPR average

31 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine thinking you can project how a rookie RB will do in the NFL.  Every year we see rookies come out of nowhere, while the higher drafted guys struggle to learn the nuances of the NFL and the trust of their coaching staff.  JDM is a proven vet in his role vs a magic bean.  RB's are like young NHL goalies...who the hell knows how they'll develop in the bigs.

Edited by Sabreality
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Top 5 isn’t good enough. Let me know when Beane brings us a super bowl victory. 

Cool. Just leave a number where we can reach you and then you can be on your way....

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lmao we are spoiled for wanting a super bowl victory? Wtf isn’t that the goal? 

it's the goal, but you can't really expect it. The best you can expect is to be in contention most years. Winning it all takes a bit of luck in addition to being talented enough to do it.

You could argue that we aren't talented enough to do it yet, and that we'd require more luck than most to win. That's my particular stance. Beane needs to do more, McD needs to do more. If they got better and still didn't win it all, I wouldn't blame then though, and I'd let the band stay together forever. The New England Patriots went 10 years between Super Bowl wins with the greatest QB, Coach, and dynasty the game has ever seen - including with a team that went undefeated until they hit the wall in the SB.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is Brieda 2.0 meh

It's not a marquee signing ill give you that. But Brieda flashed on a great running team in the 49ers, and did absolutely nothing on a bad dolphins team, comes to buffalo fumbles and didnt know the playbook half way through season. He couldn't take pass catching work from Singletary, I mean love Singletary but that's not his strength at all.

Mckissic has done nothing but excel in the passing game on a bad redskins team with bad QB play, not too mention he was so good at catching the ball he kept the pass catching role from gibson who was the best pass catching RB in his draft class. He's not as fast as brieda, but few in the nfl are. I think dorsey will be happy with an excellent pass catching back in his tool box.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

You should be excited. Makes the Bills even harder to deal with on 3rd downs now. Exceptional receiving back, good at pass pro, does a lot of things well.

You might not be excited now but if he stays healthy you'll likely be excited once you see him playing.

When you told me he's good at pass pro I did "feel a little something"

• Haha (+1) 1