JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

3 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

two questions here: (1) can he rush the ball/was he asked to.  If so, could he surpass Singletary on 1st and 2nd.  OR (2) could he be put lined up wide, having Singletary as a back and him as a WR in certain sitautions.  

Overall, I like what we got, a productive great 3rd down back.  

1) Has not shown that. Has been the league long enough and generally will have more targets than rushing attempts. And that has been playing for ATL, SEA, DET and WAS.

2) He is not lined up wide very often. When he has been its a quick pass on a cross. We just signed McKenzie who can fill that role. Not seen much of this guy running routes downfield.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No 14-16 man leagues.

So…yeah…

14-16 team leagues where mckissic  is available in week 12?  Bwhahahaha.  Sure man

7 man rosters with no bench?

Edited by NewEra
  • Haha (+1) 1

One thing I’ve noticed is that certain people are not happy unless they are unhappy. So much whining about a RB signing because they think they know more that the guy who was voted 2020 NFL Executive of the Year by his peers. 

stupid.

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We had Motor, Moss and Brieda last season, none of which were special teamers. 

Which makes my point.  Brieda was inactive all the time.  

Motor and McKissic will be active every game purely as RBs and the Bills need to combine the RB3 with ST skills.

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They saved money on Saffold over Williams and, at the very least, didn't downgrade the OL.

They saved money on Settle/Jones over Harry/Butler, and likely upgraded the IDL.

Now they signed a top 3 receiving back in the NFL... an offensive element we haven't really utilized in seasons past.  This move is not status quo.

How do you know they saved money with Saffold? I don't think we already know his contract details.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

We want difference makers who can put up the numbers.

Just how it is 

Makes no sense.  Mckissic avergaed 11.6 points per game last year.  30th (tied with Singletary) for RBs.  14-16 teams…… he’d be a solid RB3 great flex option.  If not in the lineup, definitely worthy of a bench spot.

but I’m sure your league is chocked full of professional fantasy football Jedi owners   and they know much better than what simple math tells you is obvious. 

2 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

okay so I went back and looked.

he was drafted in our league.  13th Round 180+ Overall.  Simply a handcuff for Gibson.  And he was cut after week 1z

Jedi’s

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

He seems like a solid Breida replacement.

I think the front office has decided that the o-line was to blame for the lack of a running game, not the running backs (and I agree)

he'll be RB2 behind Singeltary. He's not a Breida replacement

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, todd said:

One thing I’ve noticed is that certain people are not happy unless they are unhappy. So much whining about a RB signing because they think they know more that the guy who was voted 2020 NFL Executive of the Year by his peers. 

stupid.

Its because they think they know more (they dont)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Count me in the me likey camp.  Love his hands.  A lot of those passes shown in the highlight video show him snag the ball.  Many were tough catches.  And sure the highlights are cherry picked, but I like that he was making first downs.

20 minutes ago, junior said:

That's cool, but maybe Beane wanted to take a position of higher importance at the end of R2 than a RB.

But this is why we don’t win Super Bowls. You need high end talent at all positions. Breece Hall is faster and equally catches passes as well as McKissic. I don’t want to just get better, I want to dominate. That’s what it takes to win Super Bowls. 

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

McKinnon, McKissic, McKittrick, McKenzie, McKelvin. Does that cover all of our McK bases?

And in news that means absolutely nothing, all except McKittrick are the same length.

Edited by JayBaller10

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

But this is why we don’t win Super Bowls. You need high end talent at all positions. Breece Hall is faster and equally catches passes as well as McKissic. I don’t want to just get better, I want to dominate. That’s what it takes to win Super Bowls. 

How I Met Your Mother Comedy GIF by Laff

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

The WTF fans must be pissed with the Bills taking Settle as well.

They are.

Commanders Twitter is not happy right now. They've lost Brandon Scherff, Landon Collins, JD McKissic, Tim Settle, and some high draft picks, and gained.......Carson Wentz and a 7th.

Lots of "no one wants to play here, and who can blame them?" sentiment going on among Washington fans right now.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I haven't given up on Zach Moss. I still think he can be a great power runner. Making the necessary upgrades at offensive guard will make him more effective.

I haven't either but the coaches may have

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

They are.

Commanders Twitter is not happy right now. They've lost Brandon Scherff, Landon Collins, JD McKissic, Tim Settle, and some high draft picks, and gained.......Carson Wentz and a 7th.

Lots of "no one wants to play here, and who can blame them?" sentiment going on among Washington fans right now.

I mean they're not wrong, a fresh coat of paint(new name) doesn't exactly fix that your owner takes a ***** in your engine.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I like this.  

1.  Look at how he catches the ball.  He's a serious receiver.  That's small but important.

2.  Because he's a serious receiver, and assuming he can pass block, he opens up possibilities as the third-down back.  The Bills often set up last season with Singletary split out, but he almost always motioned back into the backfield.   This guy split out is a serious receiving threat.  

3.  Shifty.  

4.  Not great power, but he is not afraid to hit people.  

I agree with others, that he looks like he can give the Bills what they hoped they would get from Breida.  If so, he'll be an additional threat on the field, forcing teams to account for him and therefore to pay a little less attention to all the other weapons. 

Nice get. 

9 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

McKinnon, McKissic, McKittrick, McKenzie, McKelvin. Does that cover all of our McK bases?

And in news that means absolutely nothing, all except McKittrick are the same length.

Chuck McMurtry, baby!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I dont think any of it awful, just meh. 

Saffold is a downgrade in the pass blocking game. He has been one of the worst in the league. Will be interesting to see how that plays out. 

No problem with the DT's. Just still need an end. 

I am not as high on McKissic. Again not awful but Breida has the ability to be used this way and was not. Hope I am looking back next year saying I was wrong about this one, just dont see him having a big role and think money could have been spent elsewhere. Does look like this year cap could be low though so the its not so bad. Just would hate to see $4m on this guy.

Brieda couldn’t pass protect and wasn’t as good of a runner, no comparison…

• Agree 1