Buffalo Bills are reportedly interested in DE Chandler Jones

BuffaloBills1998

54 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Opinions, we all have them. And the fact that Edmunds is on a guaranteed $12.7M/yr contract when that money can be better applied towards a pass rusher like Chandler Jones is my opinion. Edmunds isn’t worth that sort of coin, especially when we’re up against the cap. You don’t have to agree. You also don’t have to go on these “Edmunds is great! Our GM says so!” crusades all the time someone disagrees with you. It’s like you take it personally when a poster doesn’t believe he’s deserving of his salary or hype and you accuse the poster of “hate,” it’s ridiculous.

If and when Edmunds is signed by another team I won’t even tag you to throw it in your face, because I don’t care that much. Here’s a newsflash for you: everything our GM says is not gospel. But I think you know that already… except when it involves Edmunds. Continue to tell me how he takes away the middle of the field and how QBs are scared to throw his way because his coverage skills are akin to Deion Sanders. I actually left your name out the last time I referenced this phrase and just called you “a poster” because I didn’t want to embarrass you. Now I don’t care. Your irrationality is laughable.

Yes, we all have opinions. No problem.

What's stupid is saying "It's just reality" about your opinion. 

More, you say I don't have to go on a crusade when someone has an opposing opinion? Yeah, guess what, when somebody starts a thread about someone like Chandler Jones or somebody, you don't have to leap in with your usual "Wah, wah, wah, I hate Edmunds" crap in the first post either. You folks threadnap relentlessly with your sad little Edmunds hatred. At least when I point out how ridiculous some of this Edmunds hate is, I wait till somebody says something about Edmunds. I don't run around thread-napping like you did here and like you folks do constantly.

And while gospel is far overdoing it, Beane has shown that outside of draft smoke, he answers honestly. I'm sure you know that. He's not one of those guys who simply lies anytime he feels like it. When he doesn't want to answer something, he doesn't need to lie, He's very adept, as is McDermott at throwing out a few Crash Davisisms that say nothing. When he goes out of his way to go into great detail about something, he's telling the truth. He could've heard the question and said, "Well, you know Tremaine Edmunds, I want him beside me in a street fight. He gives 110% every time. He's an NFL player right to the core. Next question."

He could've said that, but he didn't. He specifically said Edmunds will "definitely" be "a core building block moving forward." You may not want to hear that, but he said it and he's shown himself to be a guy who doesn't find it necessary to lie.

And you had to throw in a straw man in this dumb post too, hunh? Could you just point out where I compared Edmunds to Deion Sanders? Just quick link to it. I'll wait. But nobody should hold their breath, because that's a total straw man.

The reason I talk about the fact that he changes a lot of QB minds about a lot of throws over the middle is because the evidence shows that that's what happens. Teams throw less over the middle to intermediate range and deeper against us than against nearly anyone else. Edmunds has a whole ton to do with that.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yes, we all have opinions. No problem.

What's stupid is saying "It's just reality" about your opinion. 

More, you say I don't have to go on a crusade when someone has an opposing opinion? Yeah, guess what, when somebody starts a thread about someone like Chandler Jones or somebody, you don't have to leap in with your usual "Wah, wah, wah, I hate Edmunds" crap in the first post either. You folks threadnap relentlessly with your sad little Edmunds hatred. At least when I point out how ridiculous some of this Edmunds hate is, I wait till somebody says something about Edmunds. I don't run around thread-napping like you did here and like you folks do constantly.

And while gospel is far overdoing it, Beane has shown that outside of draft smoke, he answers honestly. I'm sure you know that. He's not one of those guys who simply lies anytime he feels like it. When he doesn't want to answer something, he doesn't need to lie, He's very adept, as is McDermott at throwing out a few Crash Davisisms that say nothing. When he goes out of his way to go into great detail about something, he's telling the truth. He could've heard the question and said, "Well, you know Tremaine Edmunds, I want him beside me in a street fight. He gives 110% every time. He's an NFL player right to the core. Next question."

He could've said that, but he didn't. He specifically said Edmunds will "definitely" be "a core building block moving forward." You may not want to hear that, but he said it and he's shown himself to be a guy who doesn't find it necessary to lie.

And you had to throw in a straw man in this dumb post too, hunh? Could you just point out where I compared Edmunds to Deion Sanders? Just quick link to it. I'll wait. But nobody should hold their breath, because that's a total straw man.

The reason I talk about the fact that he changes a lot of QB minds about a lot of throws over the middle is because the evidence shows that that's what happens. Teams throw less over the middle to intermediate range and deeper against us than against nearly anyone else. Edmunds has a whole ton to do with that.

Here you go with your “hate, hate, hate” nonsense again. As I’ve told you before, I don’t hate the player, never called him trash or said he sucked, but if an opinion doesn’t align with your “logic” it’s described as “hate.” I responded to Yatta above as for why I referenced Edmunds in the Chandler Jones thread. Sure I could’ve left it with an ambiguous “do everything up to and including trading the player with the large contract other teams may value,” but I put a name on it. Waaah. Waaah. 

You must be an older guy, huh? Your memory escapes you. We’ve had this back and forth about Edmunds before, I said he wasn’t an impact defender, you said he was - much in the same way Deion Sanders was an impact defender because teams didn’t throw his way. Do you not remember your own words? You made the laughable comparison. Scary and unbelievable, I know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

You missed the point.

What does Lorenzo Alexander "working out fine" have to do with Chandler Jones stating that scheme fit is important to him?

It means that we play a 4-3 where Jones might be a rush end but we've previously adapted to rush LB's like Alexander who started his career actually at DT and ended up here as a LB.  We can "scheme" for Jones talents and that is what he said he was looking for.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Sign Chandler Jones

trade 1st rd pk to panthers for McCaffrey

2nd rd pick draft OL

3rd rd pick draft CB

Super Bowl

Yeah, I’d swap 1st round picks with the Panthers for McCaffrey, seems like a fair deal to take that contract.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Stenbar said:

Chandler Jones would be a great addition. McDermott is the reason we will not win a Super Bowl while he is coaching this team. His game management skills are on par with a pee wee football Coach. He has none. His team building is top notch.

I'm 50/50 on if he can't or not.

He is a good coach who needs to go over the hump.

It took Andy Reid a long time to clean up his game management skills and get over true hump, so I'm definitely not ready to give up on him yet.

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Here you go with your “hate, hate, hate” nonsense again. As I’ve told you before, I don’t hate the player, never called him trash or said he sucked, but if an opinion doesn’t align with your “logic” it’s described as “hate.” I responded to Yatta above as for why I referenced Edmunds in the Chandler Jones thread. Sure I could’ve left it with an ambiguous “do everything up to and including trading the player with the large contract other teams may value,” but I put a name on it. Waaah. Waaah. 

You must be an older guy, huh? Your memory escapes you. We’ve had this back and forth about Edmunds before, I said he wasn’t an impact defender, you said he was - much in the same way Deion Sanders was an impact defender because teams didn’t throw his way. Do you not remember your own words? You made the laughable comparison. Scary and unbelievable, I know.

Give it a rest man, we all know your opinion on Tremaine.  The decision has been made on his 5th year option, no going back. It's possible Beane is working on an extension, to lower the cap hit. But there are many ways we could create cap space, and cutting Tremaine and his fully guaranteed contract is not one.

This thread is meant to be about Chandler Jones, not who we need to justify cutting to find ways to sign him.

Back to topic, Jones and a solid 1 DT in the draft would transform this dline.  Which in turn, is going to elevate the play of the back 7 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Give it a rest man, we all know your opinion on Tremaine.  The decision has been made on his 5th year option, no going back. It's possible Beane is working on an extension, to lower the cap hit. But there are many ways we could create cap space, and cutting Tremaine and his fully guaranteed contract is not one.

This thread is meant to be about Chandler Jones, not who we need to justify cutting to find ways to sign him.

Back to topic, Jones and a solid 1 DT in the draft would transform this dline.  Which in turn, is going to elevate the play of the back 7 

Sign me up for Jones and a 1DT (Davis?) but sorry, did I suggest Tremaine needed to be cut? 

• Eyeroll 2

19 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Sign Chandler Jones

trade 1st rd pk to panthers for McCaffrey

2nd rd pick draft OL

3rd rd pick draft CB

Super Bowl

So we lose Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, and Cole Beasley and you have us signing no replacements in FA and not taking a WR in the first 3 picks? That's a bold strategy.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So we lose Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, and Cole Beasley and you have us signing no replacement in FA and not taking a WR in the first 3 picks? That's a bold strategy.

Hey, man, this is a Chandler Jones thread! 😂

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Maine-iac said:

It means that we play a 4-3 where Jones might be a rush end but we've previously adapted to rush LB's like Alexander who started his career actually at DT and ended up here as a LB.  We can "scheme" for Jones talents and that is what he said he was looking for.

I don't think Lorax's situation is relevant.

1. There's a difference between a player stating they only want to play in a certain scheme and said player taking a team at their word that they are going to change their scheme to fit the player.
  2. Lorenzo Alexander played D-line many years before he transitioned to LB... and he made that transition well before he signed with the Bills.

Regardless we'll see soon enough. As another poster said, they believe that Chandler Jones would prefer to play as a 4-3 end.

22 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So we lose Emmanuel Sanders, Isaiah McKenzie, and Cole Beasley and you have us signing no replacements in FA and not taking a WR in the first 3 picks? That's a bold strategy.

My post was not meant to be an expansive layout of roster moves. A veteran WR can be signed to replace Sanders or Beasley and/or a WR drafted in the 4th or 3rd rd. Davis moves into the #2 WR slot should be expectation id believe. 

Edited by bobobonators

16 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Not sure what Jones' comments about scheme preference really mean but I found this to be interesting as far as his stated position:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JoneCh03.htm

He's pretty vague, but my assumption is that it's about dropping into coverage. It could be about more minute details, but given the prevalence of defensive ends dropping back in modern defenses.. it seems like a safe bet to me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On the front page of this web site is a link to an article that says Chandler Jones is more interested in finding the right fit to maximize his potential than making the most money he can.  If he meets with Beane, I assume McDermott will be part of that meeting for the purpose of explaining how he could be used.  Then they'll talk money.  Buffalo is good enough now that some quality free agents may give a discount because signing with Buffalo means a chance at winning Super Bowls.  Maybe Chandler is one of them.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

On the front page of this web site is a link to an article that says Chandler Jones is more interested in finding the right fit to maximize his potential than making the most money he can.  If he meets with Beane, I assume McDermott will be part of that meeting for the purpose of explaining how he could be used.  Then they'll talk money.  Buffalo is good enough now that some quality free agents may give a discount because signing with Buffalo means a chance at winning Super Bowls.  Maybe Chandler is one of them.

Ladies and gentleman it's been a while since we have had the super bowl favorites and back then we know Wilson wasn't interested in spending money.  This is what the Steelers, Patriots and Packers fans probably felt like during their dynasties.

13 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Ladies and gentleman it's been a while since we have had the super bowl favorites and back then we know Wilson wasn't interested in spending money.  This is what the Steelers, Patriots and Packers fans probably felt like during their dynasties.

First.......when Ralph thought he had a SB team he was a BIG spender........his Bills paid top dollar for Kelly, Reed, Bruce and Thurman.    He was cheap when he thought he couldn't win......which was more often than not due to his poor stewardship.   He wanted to win on the field but was more than happy to win on the ledger by pocketing big money with his low overhead arrangement in Buffalo while many of the newer owners who were working hard to advance the future of the game were servicing franchise purchase and stadium debt.    

As for now.......we keep hearing about how the Bills are now a "free agent destination" and that free agents will take less to play in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

But until we actually SEE that.........it's just talk.   

And even if that actually becomes a thing...........they still need to be able to find their share of ascending talents and cheap scheme fits in UFA..........which has been a huge weakness of Beane and his pro personnel director Malik Boyd.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

First.......when Ralph thought he had a SB team he was a BIG spender........his Bills paid top dollar for Kelly, Reed, Bruce and Thurman.    He was cheap when he thought he couldn't win......which was more often than not due to his poor stewardship.   He wanted to win on the field but was more than happy to win on the ledger by pocketing big money with his low overhead arrangement in Buffalo while many of the newer owners who were working hard to advance the future of the game were servicing franchise purchase and stadium debt.    

As for now.......we keep hearing about how the Bills are now a "free agent destination" and that free agents will take less to play in Buffalo with Josh Allen.

But until we actually SEE that.........it's just talk.   

And even if that actually becomes a thing...........they still need to be able to find their share of ascending talents and cheap scheme fits in UFA..........which has been a huge weakness of Beane and his pro personnel director Malik Boyd.

Just be happy and enjoy the ride :)

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/13/2022 at 2:11 AM, JayBaller10 said:

I do barely remember mentioning Deion Sanders. What I said was of course completely different from what you claim. You're pulling the classic "he mentioned Guy B in the same sentence as Guy A and therefore I can claim that he thinks they're the same" move.

Folks who have to resort to pretending a guy said something he didn't, are very very sad indeed. And that's what you did here.

So, let's review so we can all look and see what a cloddish straw man argument you're making here.

You said this:  

On 2/6/2022 at 8:12 AM, JayBaller10 said:

“Ignoring all the impact plays that don’t happen” is quite possibly the most baseless argument I’ve ever heard one use to defend a player. It’s an argument built on supposition and assumption.

I replied with this: 

On 2/7/2022 at 7:14 PM, Thurman#1 said:

It's not a baseless argument, so much as it is an argument that's inconvenient for you. It's in fact a completely sensible argument. For instance, Deion Sanders didn't get many INTS anymore late in his career. He wasn't making the splash plays anymore. By your logic that would mean he sucked. In fact, it meant nobody was throwing near him much. He was incredibly effective precisely because he stopped offensive plays from happening. Players absolutely should get a ton of credit for preventing impact plays that don't happen. It's hard to quantify, but it's still a thing.

That's the only mention of Sanders in the post. That's the whole paragraph. (Please, anyone reading, this, check me. I'll post the link right here.)

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/238355-bills-2021-rookie-class-ranked-27th-in-league/page/5/

My post is at 2/7/2022  7:14 PM

I don't even mention Edmunds in the same paragraph.

And yet you're so utterly desperate here that you throw up one of the all-time dumbest straw man arguments ever, right in the post I'm replying to. In fact, you're so happy with this sad little straw man you referred to it above somewhere as if you'd made some point. But back to the post I'm replying to:

On 3/13/2022 at 2:11 AM, JayBaller10 said:

I said he wasn’t an impact defender, you said he was - much in the same way Deion Sanders was an impact defender because teams didn’t throw his way. Do you not remember your own words? You made the laughable comparison. Scary and unbelievable, I know.

See what he did there, folks? I did not compare them. He did. That comes out of whole cloth, directly from his own mind.

I did use Sanders as an example of a guy doing something he said never happened. His argument there is nuclear-level dumb, and I pointed it out with reference to Deion as one example of a common phenomena. Never mentioned him together with Edmunds, though. Never compared them. That's entirely out of his own fecund mind.

Edited by Thurman#1

A couple of interesting nuggets on Jones. So I assumed that a lot of what he was saying in that quote about scheme fit was him posturing to get to a 4-3 team, but looking deeper into things, I am not sure that is it and I may be wrong. His best season was in 2017 as an outside backer in James Bettcher's 3-4 scheme. He had 17 sacks and was runner up for defensive player of the year, as well as a first team all pro. Bruce Arians leaves,and Steve Wilks comes in. One must remember that Wilks runs McDermott's scheme. There are articles stating that Jones had to get "used to putting his hand in the dirt etc." Jones stated that it was easier to play defensive end than playing OLB and he gained a bit of weight for it. The last time he had played defensive end was in New England. Then he had a bit of a down year under Wilks, but to be fair, the whole team was awful. Fast forward a year and Wilks is fired and there are articles about how Jones is happy to return to a 3-4 and play OLB under Vance Joseph and how excited he is to play with Terrell Suggs who Jones believes will keep double teams off of him. My conclusions, based on everything I have read are: 

• He wants to win, but he already has a Super Bowl so that is not his main goal
  • He wants to set the edge and rush the passer. Whether it is a 3-4 or a 4-3, he wants to play in a scheme that will allow him to attack. 
  • He wants to play in a place where there are other good pass rushers so that he doesn't have to face double teams. 

• So a couple of things, while I thought this was very real possibility at first, I am starting to think he will only come here if he is truly being pulled to play in his near his hometown. If he comes here and we win a SB he will forever be remembered as a legend in these parts and across the league, as opposed to a great player who got a lot of sacks and had a hall of fame career but didn't really make that impact. Come to Buffalo, help us win a SB, and you are immediately a legend. 
  • His lack of production in Steve Wilks' defense is very worrisome as he may not have positive thoughts from that year. 
  • The guy who "maximized" Chandler Jones is James Bettcher who is coaching in Cincinnati
  • Most of the rest of the coaches from that staff including Bob Sanders OLB coach are in Tampa
  • The defensive line coach from Arizona during that time is Brentson Buckner and he is in Jacksonville
  • Nathaniel Hackett, new Denver coach was the OC when Jones was at the Cuse
  • The Steelers make a ton of sense to play opposite TJ Watt and still be relatively close to home, plus there is the presence of Brian Flores
  • In 2021, The Steelers had the most sacks as a team
  • Patrick Graham was his DL coach in New England. He is now the DC in Vegas. I could see Jones going there and playing opposite Maxx Crosby
  • The Jaguars, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers, and Broncos have cap space
  • Tampa does not have cap space, but I do think that may be his best fit schematically and he could play with Shaq Barrett

Again this is a mix of opinion and fact, but the fact that Jones would be the main attraction here on a d line that is in the middle of the pack in terms of sacks gives me pause in terms of the fit. Unless he feels that playing with Oliver and Rousseau will get him one on ones. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A couple of interesting nuggets on Jones. So I assumed that a lot of what he was saying in that quote about scheme fit was him posturing to get to a 4-3 team, but looking deeper into things, I am not sure that is it and I may be wrong. His best season was in 2017 as an outside backer in James Bettcher's 3-4 scheme. He had 17 sacks and was runner up for defensive player of the year, as well as a first team all pro. Bruce Arians leaves,and Steve Wilks comes in. One must remember that Wilks runs McDermott's scheme. There are articles stating that Jones had to get "used to putting his hand in the dirt etc." Jones stated that it was easier to play defensive end than playing OLB and he gained a bit of weight for it. The last time he had played defensive end was in New England. Then he had a bit of a down year under Wilks, but to be fair, the whole team was awful. Fast forward a year and Wilks is fired and there are articles about how Jones is happy to return to a 3-4 and play OLB under Vance Joseph and how excited he is to play with Terrell Suggs who Jones believes will keep double teams off of him. My conclusions, based on everything I have read are: 

• He wants to win, but he already has a Super Bowl so that is not his main goal
  • He wants to set the edge and rush the passer. Whether it is a 3-4 or a 4-3, he wants to play in a scheme that will allow him to attack. 
  • He wants to play in a place where there are other good pass rushers so that he doesn't have to face double teams. 

• So a couple of things, while I thought this was very real possibility at first, I am starting to think he will only come here if he is truly being pulled to play in his near his hometown. If he comes here and we win a SB he will forever be remembered as a legend in these parts and across the league, as opposed to a great player who got a lot of sacks and had a hall of fame career but didn't really make that impact. Come to Buffalo, help us win a SB, and you are immediately a legend. 
  • His lack of production in Steve Wilks' defense is very worrisome as he may not have positive thoughts from that year. 
  • The guy who "maximized" Chandler Jones is James Bettcher who is coaching in Cincinnati
  • Most of the rest of the coaches from that staff including Bob Sanders OLB coach are in Tampa
  • The defensive line coach from Arizona during that time is Brentson Buckner and he is in Jacksonville
  • Nathaniel Hackett, new Denver coach was the OC when Jones was at the Cuse
  • The Steelers make a ton of sense to play opposite TJ Watt and still be relatively close to home, plus there is the presence of Brian Flores
  • In 2021, The Steelers had the most sacks as a team
  • Patrick Graham was his DL coach in New England. He is now the DC in Vegas. I could see Jones going there and playing opposite Maxx Crosby
  • The Jaguars, Bengals, Raiders, Steelers, and Broncos have cap space
  • Tampa does not have cap space, but I do think that may be his best fit schematically and he could play with Shaq Barrett

Again this is a mix of opinion and fact, but the fact that Jones would be the main attraction here on a d line that is in the middle of the pack in terms of sacks gives me pause in terms of the fit. Unless he feels that playing with Oliver and Rousseau will get him one on ones. 

Easy fix, bring back Jerry Hughes. 

• Disagree 2
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Bills are far from the scheme that maximizes an individual player's impact. They take each of their DL players off the field 40-50% of snaps and the DEs have a lot of responsibility in run defense, and the latter being the reason we go for bigger bodies rather than speed edge rushers.

If Odell Beckham were a free agent I imagine he would want to go somewhere he could catch 100 balls and re-establish himself as an elite player in the league. That seems to be where Jones is, wanting a 15+ sack season to prove himself. He hasn't had that in 3 years.

I agree with you, doesn't seem likely based on these quotes. The Bills' sweet spot are the true ring-chasers, the guys thinking This is my shot at a chip.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

The Bills are far from the scheme that maximizes an individual player's impact. They take each of their DL players off the field 40-50% of snaps and the DEs have a lot of responsibility in run defense, and the latter being the reason we go for bigger bodies rather than speed edge rushers.

If Odell Beckham were a free agent I imagine he would want to go somewhere he could catch 100 balls and re-establish himself as an elite player in the league. That seems to be where Jones is, wanting a 15+ sack season to prove himself. He hasn't had that in 3 years.

I agree with you, doesn't seem likely based on these quotes. The Bills' sweet spot are the true ring-chasers, the guys thinking This is my shot at a chip.

yep.  Calais Campbell 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I do barely remember mentioning Deion Sanders. What I said was of course completely different from what you claim. You're pulling the classic "he mentioned Guy B in the same sentence as Guy A and therefore I can claim that he thinks they're the same" move.

Folks who have to resort to pretending a guy said something he didn't, are very very sad indeed. And that's what you did here.

So, let's review so we can all look and see what a cloddish straw man argument you're making here.

You said this:  

I replied with this: 

That's the only mention of Sanders in the post. That's the whole paragraph. (Please, anyone reading, this, check me. I'll post the link right here.)

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/238355-bills-2021-rookie-class-ranked-27th-in-league/page/5/

My post is at 2/7/2022  7:14 PM

I don't even mention Edmunds in the same paragraph.

And yet you're so utterly desperate here that you throw up one of the all-time dumbest straw man arguments ever, right in the post I'm replying to. In fact, you're so happy with this sad little straw man you referred to it above somewhere as if you'd made some point. But back to the post I'm replying to:

See what he did there, folks? I did not compare them. He did. That comes out of whole cloth, directly from his own mind.

I did use Sanders as an example of a guy doing something he said never happened. His argument there is nuclear-level dumb, and I pointed it out with reference to Deion as one example of a common phenomena. Never mentioned him together with Edmunds, though. Never compared them. That's entirely out of his own fecund mind.

This is so silly it’s hardly worth a response. You used Deion Sanders in your example as a player who makes impact plays on the field that aren’t visible and related that to Edmunds making impact plays that aren’t visible because teams are reluctant to throw in his area. Is that not what you’re doing in comparing Sanders impact to Edmunds? The length you will go to, to justify your rationale and then claim the comparison wasn’t your intention is ridiculous beyond measure. 

Ask yourself this… why do you more put on your wrinkly slacks and plastic rent-a-cop badge to patrol these threads? You claim everyone is entitled to an opinion, yet the first post in this thread you commented on had nothing to do with my “that’s just reality” claim. It was an opinion that was liked and supported by others but you swooped in with your “little fella” name calling. You need a bat signal, or better yet, a Tremaine Edmunds signal that entices you to crawl out of hiding whenever you do miss a critique. The effort must be exhausting on your behalf and you derailed this thread to make it about you and I, good job. 

Another poster above told me to “give it a rest,” but it’s you who constantly chirps at me, so who truly is the one who should give it a rest? I enjoy arguments, debates, and banter, it’s the reason I haven’t put you on ignore, even if you do go to great lengths to justify things no matter how faulty the logic. It’s annoying, but also humorous. This wasn’t an Edmunds thread until you made it such, despite one thing I said in a single post. Get a life… put that in your fecund mind.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I people are reading too much into the comments, C Jones remains a real possibility in my mind.

First, the snap count thing.    Yes, Jones may get slightly less percentage of snaps here.  But most of the plays he would be out on are high percentage run plays.  He shouldn't mind.

Second, is opportunity.  The Bills have been crushing lesser teams, have one of the highest point differentials.  That is a great place to be for a DE that wants sacks.

Third, players talk all the time about factors other than money, but money is generally the key driver.  If Beane opens up the wallet, Jones will come.

• Like (+1) 1