Bucs Pro Bowl G Ali Marpet retiring at age 28

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Bucs Pro Bowl G Ali Marpet retiring at age 28
9 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I wish I had the talent of some these people and didn't watch some of these players waste it.

To each their own. I'd do the same thing especially if I was trencher or d player. Make my millions, dudes got a ring, and get out healthy  He's set for life along with his family. Living the dream.

• Like (+1) 21

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

I wish I had the talent of some these people and didn't watch some of these players waste it.

LMAO. Waste it? He used his talent to secure enough money for he and his family to live a comfortable life and set himself up for a post football career. That is not a waste by any means. 

Now he can move on to his next venture and still likely be healthy enough to enjoy his life. These guys are more than just football players.

• Like (+1) 18
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

43 minutes ago, TBBills said:

You say that not knowing what other talents he has or how he plans to spend the rest of his life. There are other things besides bashing your head against 300 pounders ya know.  Hope you were being sarcastic.

15 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

The Hobart guy!

I paved the way for Ali!

• Like (+1) 1

I respect the hell out of guys who get out of the league young, on their own terms, with millions in their pockets. Feels like they’re beating the system a bit by making that kind of wealth and not having to sacrifice years of bodily and brain health just to hang on until “acceptable” retirement age.

If I had made $35million by age 30, I’d have retired too.

Good for Marpet. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 2

Good on him! He has hit the top of his professional career, made millions doing so, I’d be giving the Royalty wave to my employer and live out my life in luxury, again, good on him!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, taglientep said:

Yessss.  Loved the fact that a local guy got his shot, and did great.   Loved rooting for him 

Maybe, maybe not 

3 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Wow! I am guessing he would not have done that if Brady was still there.

Yeah, no, it’s not likely Tom Tom even registered in his thought process for this decision. His important other, family yup, his co-workers not a chance. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

I wonder if all the "good for him" people would be saying the same thing if Josh Allen pulled the plug today.

Only the non- selfish people, I would guess. I'm in that group. Players only owe themselves and family anything. Not fan-atics.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

57 minutes ago, Beast said:

I wonder if all the "good for him" people would be saying the same thing if Josh Allen pulled the plug today.

He hasn't won a SB yet so probably different motivations but how can anyone judge someone who makes such a big decision.  Who knows what went into Marpet's decision. 

1 hour ago, nedboy7 said:

He hasn't won a SB yet so probably different motivations but how can anyone judge someone who makes such a big decision.  Who knows what went into Marpet's decision. 

I'm not judging. Just asking an honest question. Remember how Indy fans acted after Luck retired? And he wasn't nearly as good as Allen is.

Edited by Beast

2 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Makes you wonder if Arians is considering jumping ship now? 

He'll probably stick it out until the end of his contract/he gets fired.

33 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Wait to all of the players go in withdrawal being out of avocado surprise.

I doubt they'll miss the injections...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Let’s face it: It can’t be much fun playing offensive line in the NFL. 

I played a little bit in HS and yes the postion seemed mundane and not glamorous but the feeling of holding out players from the QB and watching them get frustrated + blocking well for runs was very very satisfying IF and i mean big IF you are good at it. Very very fun.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

So bad 

they are all "going south"

4 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Hes played football for about 20 years.  Got college tuition and wealth out of.  Like most of us he didnt live it up through highschool and college.  He grinded the whole time.  Good for him.  

I always rooted for him because he was from Hobart.  Technically, no scholarship because Hobart is D3.  The chances of a guy being successful from that situation are astonishing.  Good for him. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.