Do you want Gronk?

Charles Romes

Do you want Gronk?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gronk?

• Yes!
    • No. For example, Gronk will take targets away from Dawson Knox who is breaking out.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:19 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

A decade into his career, and well after he spent this first few years of his career telling everyone he was from Pittsburgh since that is where he finished HS. Never once corrected the media to say he's actually from Buffalo. Even all those times before he played the Bills twice a year.

Eff Gronk.

Good for him for all the success in his career and the money he has made, sincerely. But as a Bills fan, and Buffalonian, eff him.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

A decade into his career, and well after he spent this first few years of his career telling everyone he was from Pittsburgh since that is where he finished HS. Never once corrected the media to say he's actually from Buffalo. Even all those times before he played the Bills twice a year.

Eff Gronk.

Good for him for all the success in his career and the money he has made, sincerely. But as a Bills fan, and Buffalonian, eff him.

LOL that's a desperate take..............I've never seen him deny his Buffalo heritage and I have seen him talk it up for the past decade.

If they bring in Gronk, I hope the entire defense (or at least the secondary) wraps their soap in towels and pummels him onto the marble floor of the shower, with a particular focus on the back of his head, then throw him out the back door naked. Then the fans who remember his WWE-style elbow drop on Tre can slam him through a few tables. Justice. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On offense im all for Gronk and Kirk.  Cut Beasley.  Restructure some guys.  Make a trade for an edge and Fa period is a hit.  The versatility with Gronk and knox would be a problem.  The offense could go big run and play action.  Our spread out base personal.  Not all the time but a crazy grouping to go to.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/9/2022 at 2:48 PM, Bongo said:

This (same for Jarvis Landry). 

Yep bring in Jarvis Landry when the Browns release him too.  😉

The Bills don't even have a single player under contract for 2022 that was with the Bills when the fragile-stated Aaron Williams got legally blocked into retirement by Jarvis Landry.

Fans generally lack the self-awareness to know that they grossly over-react to player interactions on the field.............fans are like the parent who watches their married son or daughter argue with their spouse......and then can never forgive the kid-in-law even after their own child has long forgotten about it.

Hanging on to ***** long after the parties involved actually do is just stupid.

43 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I would take him as a back up to Knox and also run some 2 TE sets.  Knox could learn a few things from him in 1 season.  I do want them to make sure the lockeroom ( Tre White ) is ok with him coming in.  If so, then yes.  

It wouldn't be a back up situation.........they'd probably alternate in 11 and the Bills would run a lot more 12.

Gronk is the much better player still..........he put up over 800 yards with like 15 yards per reception...........he was still a top 5 TE in the NFL in 2021.

Knox is more of a top 20 kinda' TE.    

Maybe Knox has room to grow still but the only time in his career when Gronk's per game numbers were as low as 2021 Dawson Knox as a receiver was when Gronk was a rookie..........and even then he was a little better than peak Dawson Knox.

And of course Gronk has always been a top blocker,  which Knox improved at this year but is still not the force that Gronk is at it.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

Gronk is a top 3 TE all time.  From Buffalo bring a chip home.  Im good with it.  Also, no athlete was made more for a fanbase than Gronk and Bills Mafia.  

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It wouldn't be a back up situation.........they'd probably alternate in 11 and the Bills would run a lot more 12.

Gronk is the much better player still..........he put up over 800 yards with like 15 yards per reception...........he was still a top 5 TE in the NFL in 2021.

Maybe he has room to grow still but the only time in his career when Gronk's per game numbers were as low as 2021 Dawson Knox as a receiver was when Gronk was a rookie..........and even then he was a little better than peak Dawson Knox.

And of course Gronk has always been a top blocker,  which Knox improved at this year but is still not the force that Gronk is at it.

Id expect heavy 12.  Diggs and Davis are obvious 1 and 2 so having 2 Te sets more is a bind for defenses.  Helps with pass pro.  Most multiple sets can come from 12.  2 guys who can block and attack seams would make for a wild time for defenses. 

• Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

If they bring in Gronk, I hope the entire defense (or at least the secondary) wraps their soap in towels and pummels him onto the marble floor of the shower, with a particular focus on the back of his head, then throw him out the back door naked. Then the fans who remember his WWE-style elbow drop on Tre can slam him through a few tables. Justice. 

bad+dream+fat+boy.jpg

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Maybe Knox has room to grow still but the only time in his career when Gronk's per game numbers were as low as 2021 Dawson Knox as a receiver was when Gronk was a rookie..........and even then he was a little better than peak Dawson Knox.

This is a dose of reality that most of TSW does not want to hear…they’ve also forgotten what our offense looked like when Knox broke his hand and we rolled with Tommy Sweeney…

• Like (+1) 1

Gronk was paid $8 mil last year by Tampa.  If the Bills paid anything close to that to have him on the team Beane would need to fired immediately for criminal incompetence as there is no way he adds that value over and above Knox.   I would hold my nose if he was signed for the veteran minimum, but I would be happier if I never had to hear his name again.  

27 minutes ago, mannc said:

This is a dose of reality that most of TSW does not want to hear…they’ve also forgotten what our offense looked like when Knox broke his hand and we rolled with Tommy Sweeney…

They need a reasonable back up.  That is not Gronk given the Bills salary cap situation.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FLFan said:

Gronk was paid $8 mil last year by Tampa.  If the Bills paid anything close to that to have him on the team Beane would need to fired immediately for criminal incompetence as there is no way he adds that value over and above Knox.   I would hold my nose if he was signed for the veteran minimum, but I would be happier if I never had to hear his name again.  

They need a reasonable back up.  That is not Gronk given the Bills salary cap situation.  

Yes, we need another TE and Gronk would be a huge upgrade…we don’t know how much he would cost in 2022, or how much a “reasonable backup” would cost…

3 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

f No

I HATE him for the shot on Tre.

never forgive that if i ever see him i am going to kick him in the nuts and run like hell shout Tre Day !

Kick his supporters on the wall as well. 

This was a hit after play was down and he should have been suspended for more than a game.

• Thank you (+1) 2

If he’s willing to come for cents on the dollar maybe, but the cost to availability ratio is just not in line. He’s going to put up numbers, sure…. But he’s also going to be out a few weeks minimum for injuries. No thanks. The best ability is availability. Put that money someplace else.

1 hour ago, JAMIEBUF12 said:

It would be a Hollywood story .Local boy wins his final superbowl with the local team that never won a superbowl before.

How about local boy comes back "home" and is injured in cheap shot.

Buffalo medical staff, despite saving life of a previous Bills' TE, unable to do so and he is paralyzed for life.

Player who injured him is suspended for a game but it really did not make a big difference since he needed to rehab an minor injury for a game.

• Like (+1) 1

There is a a substantial chance Gronkowski doesn’t want to play for Buffalo, after all he is patriot scum through and through, has he ever had a good thing to say about the Bills?  I could be wrong of course, but I’ve not heard so much as a rumor of him doing so. The odds are pretty darn low he plays here, and I’m more than okay with that. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

It depends on if he's healthy. Can his body hold up? I don't care about the cheap shots, his Patriot past, or his big mouth. A somewhat healthy Gronk I would welcome. He is a leader, a winner, and can go a long way to lead the Bills to a Super Bowl victory. If the Bill's Drs clear him; then bring him aboard for a decent price. The Bills are in win now mode and Gronk fits this mentality. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Should have a poll:

Would you rather win a Super Bowl next season with Gronk on the team or never have Gronk on the Bills and not win a Super Bowl for the next 10 years?

Because time flies while you are waiting for the perfect additions..........ask Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay fans how easy it's been since Rodgers won the one that he did.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I voted yes, but only at a fair price. We need depth at TE and Gronk is still pretty good. We'd have to play more 2TE formations, but that's fine if we let Beasley go. We still have bigger needs like OL, WR2, Edge, CB2 (upgrade from Wallace), RB depth. I'd love to be able to keep Harry and sign a guy like Ioannidis to replace Star. Still, having Gronk would still be nice. We'd have to add more speed outside to take full advantage of a Knox/Gronk tandem.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, mannc said:

Yes, we need another TE and Gronk would be a huge upgrade…we don’t know how much he would cost in 2022, or how much a “reasonable backup” would cost…

They need another TE...........but they also have the controversial Cole Beasley situation to deal with..............if the Bills go to more 12 personnel they could replace Beasley with Gronk for about the same cap hit..............and be a more physical team and get more from their run game while replacing Beasley's anemic 2021 8.5 ypr with Gronk's 14.6 ypr.   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They need another TE...........but they also have the controversial Cole Beasley situation to deal with..............if the Bills go to more 12 personnel they could replace Beasley with Gronk for about the same cap hit..............and be a more physical team and get more from their run game while replacing Beasley's anemic 2021 8.5 ypr with Gronk's 14.6 ypr.   

They are not trying to run the ball more.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Should have a poll:

Would you rather win a Super Bowl next season with Gronk on the team or never have Gronk on the Bills and not win a Super Bowl for the next 10 years?

Because time flies while you are waiting for the perfect additions..........ask Aaron Rodgers and Green Bay fans how easy it's been since Rodgers won the one that he did.

Double tight end threat with Allen would be awesome.  I get the Tre thing but that was a while ago. If he is healthy and will come on the cheap, it would be a great story and seems like no brainer. We are the one who initially passed on bringing a BLO kid back to Buffalo.  Go Bills. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

They are not trying to run the ball more.

You misread...........I said "get more from their running game" not "run the ball more".

The Bills RB's averaged only 4.3 yards per carry in 2021........which was very close to league average.

Hopefully a return of Aaron Kromer and Gronk/Knox 12 personnel sets could allow the Bills to get back to averaging closer to that 5+ yards per carry they averaged when Kromer was last in Buffalo.    

In turn,   the better running game and Gronk's propensity for big gains in the passing game could help Allen get his yards per attempt passing back up near 8.

Last season that figure was a lowly 6.8.........which tells the story of an offense that needed the QB to tuck the ball and run for a ton of yardage to keep drives going.

Time to be better around Josh Allen and put less hard mileage on him in the process.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You misread...........I said "get more from their running game" not "run the ball more".

The Bills RB's averaged only 4.3 yards per carry in 2021........which was very close to league average.

Hopefully a return of Aaron Kromer and Gronk/Knox 12 personnel sets could allow the Bills to get back to averaging closer to that 5+ yards per carry they averaged when Kromer was last in Buffalo.    

In turn,   the better running game and Gronk's propensity for big gains in the passing game could help Allen get his yards per attempt passing back up near 8.

Last season that figure was a lowly 6.8.........which tells the story of an offense that needed the QB to tuck the ball and run for a ton of yardage to keep drives going.

Time to be better around Josh Allen and put less hard mileage on him in the process.

The run game came alive in the last month of the year where we were among the best running teams in the NFL averaging over 165 YPG and 192 YPG over the last 3

15 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yep bring in Jarvis Landry when the Browns release him too.  😉

The Bills don't even have a single player under contract for 2022 that was with the Bills when the fragile-stated Aaron Williams got legally blocked into retirement by Jarvis Landry.

Fans generally lack the self-awareness to know that they grossly over-react to player interactions on the field.............fans are like the parent who watches their married son or daughter argue with their spouse......and then can never forgive the kid-in-law even after their own child has long forgotten about it.

Hanging on to ***** long after the parties involved actually do is just stupid.

This is all very eloquently stated so I guess it must be true. I feel very stupid as if I grossly lack self awareness. Thank you Tony Robbins. 

Oh wait, no I don’t. I still think they were not regular old aw shucks plays. They were complete piece-of-***** dirty plays. 

You must be in marketing, Badol. You sure know how to polish a turd. 

Now back to my blissful ignorance…

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The run game came alive in the last month of the year where we were among the best running teams in the NFL averaging over 165 YPG and 192 YPG over the last 3

Yes,   when push came to shove and the division and a playoff berth were suddenly on the line Josh Allen started running the ball a lot more the run game improved.

He actually had 15 rushes in the late season game against Atlanta.

200+ rushes for Josh Allen doesn't make for a good plan for the 2022 season though.

Need to be able to run the ball better with the RB's without having to expose Allen to all of those hits.

2 hours ago, Bongo said:

Now back to my blissful ignorance…

Good place for ya'.........well stated. :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.