Do you want Gronk?

Charles Romes

Do you want Gronk?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gronk?

• Yes!
    • No. For example, Gronk will take targets away from Dawson Knox who is breaking out.

There should be a third option for "only if he's willing to take $5M or less."

Personally, I don't think he's a big enough upgrade at TE1, but at TE2 do we really think Gronk isn't a big upgrade over Tommy Sweeney?

He'd be great for Knox's development as well. Who cares if it feels weird to sign him.

He's from Buffalo, loves the city, and is a great player.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Personally, I don't think he's a big enough upgrade at TE1, but at TE2 do we really think Gronk isn't a big upgrade over Tommy Sweeney?

He'd be great for Knox's development as well. Who cares if it feels weird to sign him.

But does he love the Bills?  Would he always love his Patriots more and feel like he was disrespecting them moving into their division?  I think if this happened the despicable hit on Tre would come up in the media.  For the sake of team unity and preventing awkward press questions to both, he'd have to publicly apologize.   If he said he wouldn't - F him...

Edited by Georgia Bill
typo

7 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

He would have been an upgrade over Knox this year.

Clearly........he put up much bigger numbers.

Question is do you want to commit to more 12 personnel..........which I don't think is a bad idea at all........it opens up bigger plays downfield for this offense and makes them better running the ball as a side benefit.

Gronk's stats would have been second to Gabe Davis in yards per reception and first on the team with 6.4 yards of RAC.......which is very high........higher than his peer Travis Kelce(6.1), for instance.

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Gronk coming home for his final season makes sense, but it will take targets away from Dawson Knox.  

I would LOVE THIS but I'm not sure he has any real interest in "returning home" for yet another season of football.

With Brady done, he'll be done too, I think.

I would absolutely get him in here for 1 year; let him teach everything he knows to Knox.

He's the best TE of all time.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I agree that they could work it out in the name of winning, but that initial meeting between the two in the locker room would be fun to see.

The Tre/Gronk thing is something only fans would think is a problem.  

I'm sure both players have long since forgotten about it.

Back in the good old days, tough guys in the NHL would move to a new team and suddenly be in the dressing room with a guy they fought a bunch of times--doesn't matter.

Once you're on the team, you're on the team and everyone is part of the same family.

That's just a part of the professionalism of sports.

14 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

But does he love the Bills?  Would he always love his Patriots more and feel like he was disrespecting them moving into their division?  I

Without knowing Gronk or ever having talked to him, I can guarantee the answer is he wouldn't care AT ALL about that sort of stuff.

That's just stuff fans talk about, not players.

Not sure how anyone could say no, yet alone over half that have responded.  He is still a good receiving threat, he would be used in a lot of 2 TE set formations, he’s still an elite blocker and with the threat of him being able to catch, it would be a very potent rushing and receiving formation.    He wouldn’t take many snaps away from Knox.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Gronk coming home for his final season makes sense, but it will take targets away from Dawson Knox.  

You make a jump in there.  Could add gronk and give knox targets. 

if anything it’s probably taking away from beasley (or replacing) with short yardage chain movers, settling between zones and red zone…. But a heavy blocker. More two TE sets could be a wrinkle to jump start the run game too.

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The Tre/Gronk thing is something only fans would think is a problem.  

I'm sure both players have long since forgotten about it.

Back in the good old days, tough guys in the NHL would move to a new team and suddenly be in the dressing room with a guy they fought a bunch of times--doesn't matter.

Once you're on the team, you're on the team and everyone is part of the same family.

That's just a part of the professionalism of sports.

Without knowing Gronk or ever having talked to him, I can guarantee the answer is he wouldn't care AT ALL about that sort of stuff.

That's just stuff fans talk about, not players.

in fact, I think he pretty well disliked everything but Tom and the rings. 

to come in and be a part of the mafia and have a chance to win seems like the best swan song he could ask for 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

You make a jump in there.  Could add gronk and give knox targets. 

if anything it’s probably taking away from beasley (or replacing) with short yardage chain movers, settling between zones and red zone…. But a heavy blocker. More two TE sets could be a wrinkle to jump start the run game too.

Gronk averaged almost 15 yards per reception last year............about double what Beasley did.

I think it would make them more explosive.......as well as better running the ball.........actually.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think Gronk would be a great add.  The TE2 is a definite problem right now and having two quality TEs would be a huge benefit.

Gronk is also a good blocker and two TE sets would should be incorporated.  I think Gronk would come here at the market rate, hometown and all.  I think he is a better get than Ertz and I was for that move at the time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JoeF said:

He is an excellent blocker in both protection and the run game.  At this point he would be a #2 to Dawson.   I would do one year in a heartbeat.  Put as many options around Josh as you can.  Tre wants to win as badly as anyone.  He would embrace him.

I don’t think the decision to pass on Gronk is that he’d take away targets for Knox. We NEED another good TE on the roster, and somebody will do that even if Knox is clearly TE #1. My concern about Gronk would be age, injuries and possibly cost. I wouldn’t want to pay TOO much for him, but he’s done a lot of winning in his years. 

I can get past the dirty play on Tre. That was indeed atrocious, but I would not want to forever be judged on my worst day. If the health and cost isn’t the reason to pass, the hit on Tre should be overlooked, IMO. %$#^ happens. Michael Jordan punched a teammate. Would you turn him down? 

I can’t vote pure “Yes”, but I’m open to it under the right conditions and for the right price. 

Edited by Augie

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.