Do you want Gronk?

Charles Romes

Do you want Gronk?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gronk?

• Yes!
    • No. For example, Gronk will take targets away from Dawson Knox who is breaking out.

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

very likely weird. devils advocate here: Tre is really laid back and silly, and def wants to win.  Without that play I could see them being 2 personalities that mesh well.  Who knows though.  Im sure its a convo Beane and White have before trigger were to get pulled.  I cant see Tre saying no honestly

On a move like that , white has no say. It’s professional sports, you work to get paid, you are paid to work, not get along with an individual. That’s like needing to clear every move with every player about prior grudges!   Not going to happen.  Plus gronk only came out of retirement to be with Brady in a no Belicheck environment.  He has his rings. Brady was as close to a sure thing as gronk could have ever hoped for, and without the promise to go to the SB , he is not that hungry at this point. He will go back to tv; needs to stay away from football as an analyst as he was a joke.  Tre is a good football player, not management; it’s not like keeping Allen “ in the loop “ regarding the O coordinator, which is to keep your Franchise Superstar invested emotionally, even tho he will play with the same intensity regardless who they go with, because he is a true pro and just wired competitively that way.  In Buffalo, it’s pretty clear with all the benchings, personnel moves or lack thereof, who is running the asylum! 😄

Gronks 2021 contract was $8m. For someone who had 2 Super Bowl td catches less than a year ago and is still the best blocking TE in football it’s a no brainer. I know out salary cap right now is nearly tapped but a couple of restructures or cuts (Beasley, star, morse, Williams) and an extension freeing up cash (Diggs) and we’ll have plenty of cash

Edited by Turbo44

45 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Nah. He moves like he needs a bathroom break these days.

67 yards per game........nearly 15 yards per catch.........more RAC per reception than Kelce..........still super productive.

He had a good game and "almost" made a leaping grab against Buffalo that was pretty unbelievable for a guy his size.

If he doesn't come to Buffalo I hope he retires..........don't need him joining anyone else the Bills gotta' play.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Haven’t read the entire thread. But Grank has said over and over that he won’t play with a QB that isn’t Brady. Gronk is done. 

Gronk doesn't need football.

He definitely won't be coming to Buffalo Bradyless. Makes no sense

• Like (+1) 1

Gronk more likely would go to KC if Teflon Tom retires.  They don't care about actions just results.

If Gronk is covered by White he will just whisper "remember" after a tackle to try to get him off his game.

You do not sign an aging player when that player deliberately injured your star CB post play.

I rarely will support a player sitting out but I would in this case and White should demand a trade.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Gronk more likely would go to KC if Teflon Tom retires.  They don't care about actions just results.

If Gronk is covered by White he will just whisper "remember" after a tackle to try to get him off his game.

You do not sign an aging player when that player deliberately injured your star CB post play.

I rarely will support a player sitting out but I would in this case and White should demand a trade.

Yeah. The only reason I would want Gronk, is if it's written into his contract that he has to carry Tre into every game on his shoulders. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Silly question, I don’t think Gronk plays again since Brady retired. Gronk IMO is retired as well again.

Well that’s the first time you and I agree.  You’re ok for a Pats fan.  

I agree Gronk is retiring.  That basically means in 2027 we have three of the gold jackets taken first ballot in Brady, Big Ben, and Gronk.  Not even up for debate.  Like any or all of them IR hate them, they are getting in immediately.  I don’t think Larry Fitz was considered active this year so he’ll get in the year before and we’ll deserved.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Beane is the one who made a run at him in UFA last year............so better tell Beane about this video.........maybe he was unaware!

Pretty sure the Bills will want to add a mid level TE regardless. At this point, wouldn't call Gronk much more than mid level.  So IMO whoever it might be will take some targets away from Knox.  On the other hand adding another TE will also take defensive attention away from Knox so may allow him to be open more.

Last couple of weeks of the season the Bills offense seemed to play better when using two TE's so may not be a bad thing overall.  Good chance McKenzie is gone, Beasley who knows. So going with Diggs, Davis, 2 TE's and RB may work best.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Gronk averaged almost 15 yards per reception last year............about double what Beasley did.

I think it would make them more explosive.......as well as better running the ball.........actually.

touche. 

I wouldn’t have guessed it to be that high. But yea, even if he lost a step he could fill an existing role better than it was, while also adding additional wrinkles on top. 

a new coordinator with a little bit of an updated identity utilizing the 2TE looks could make for a fresh approach to stay ahead of defenses 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.