Do you want Gronk?

Charles Romes

Do you want Gronk?  

354 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Gronk?

• Yes!
    • No. For example, Gronk will take targets away from Dawson Knox who is breaking out.

Hard to believe some people want that scumbag on the Bills. ***** him, he should harassed out of Buffalo every time he visits. His elbow cast smash of Tres head way after the play was unforgivable. He should have been suspended multiple games. I'll be thoroughly disgusted if he is ever on the Bills.

15 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

At the right price he's perfect. Something we don't have on offense. Physical middle field target, good blocker.

I gotta newsflash for ya. He'll want a minimum of 7 million. Besides it's highly unlikely he'll play for anyone but tommy. 

10 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I gotta newsflash for ya. He'll want a minimum of 7 million. Besides it's highly unlikely he'll play for anyone but tommy. 

He legit talked about how he was in conversation with Buffalo about coming home before he signed with TB.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:44 AM, Solomon Grundy said:

What would the “NO” folks say if Tre White was to recruit Gronk to Buffalo?

Both Tre and Gronk have moved on, fans need to as well. 

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Maybe but he almost signed in Buffalo. The way Beane works he's gone back after players he didn't get. 

Good point.   That was the case with John Brown.   Wiffed the first attempt.........got him the next year.

Why is this a "newsflash"?    

Gronk put up 802 yards at 14.6 yards per reception and 6 TD in 2021..........those are huge numbers would be all-time kinda' numbers for a Bills TE.

If they release Cole Beasley, who put up a punchless 692 yards on 8.5 ypr and 1 TD..............they save $6.1M.

Roll a couple million of Gronk's $7M into a voidable 2023(like Sanders and Addison this year) and it's a net savings on this years cap to get a player who gives you MUCH more explosiveness in the passing game and an elite blocker in the run game..........and TE is a position where they have ZERO depth.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Good point.   That was the case with John Brown.   Wiffed the first attempt.........got him the next year.

And E Sanders was a multi-year effort.

I hope you realize that $7M would be a home town discount.  Gronk > J Smith (12.5), R Tonyan (est 10.5), D Schultz (est 12.3).

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Turk71 said:

Hard to believe some people want that scumbag on the Bills. ***** him, he should harassed out of Buffalo every time he visits. His elbow cast smash of Tres head way after the play was unforgivable. He should have been suspended multiple games. I'll be thoroughly disgusted if he is ever on the Bills.

These takes are hilarious.    

Please quit your Bills fandom if a local kid who has gone on to become the greatest football player ever produced by the area..........a HOF'er and legit "best of all time at his position" discussion player...........comes back to play for the Bills.  :lol: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Fans have a more emotional approach and it's understandable. I highly doubt the players do.  Gronk did something stupid in the heat of the moment, four years ago.  Beane literally offered him a contract a year ago, so that is a non-issue

The issue is what it would take to get him contractually and determining on if both he and Knox can play together effectively or if it would negatively impact Knox having Gronk on the roster.   That's literally where it starts and ends. 

21 minutes ago, Patrick Moran said:

Fans have a more emotional approach and it's understandable. I highly doubt the players do.  Gronk did something stupid in the heat of the moment, four years ago.  Beane literally offered him a contract a year ago, so that is a non-issue

The issue is what it would take to get him contractually and determining on if both he and Knox can play together effectively or if it would negatively impact Knox having Gronk on the roster.   That's literally where it starts and ends. 

Making the offense better at what Josh Allen does from the pocket..........that should be the focus.........and Beane seems to know that based on his comments about OL being priority #1.

In theory, 12 personnel would be an extension of improving the OL while, with a player like Gronk,  still being able to spread the field in the passing game.

If they can get better push in the run game,   that can only help the play action game,    which Allen is among the best in the league at executing.

Because of the finish of the season,   fans forget that the struggles at the LOS lead to a huge drop in average pass attempt production for Allen.........from 7.9 in 2020 to 6.8 in 2021..........which isn't something we should have ever seen again after his breakout 2020.

But 125+ combined pressures and sacks will do that.

Running Allen 10 times per game to cover up for blocking issues worked well down the stretch but isn't a 20 game season solution.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, noacls said:

This board is hilarious.  Don't want Gronk because he elbowed one of the Bills. But let's sign Hunt who kicked an underage girl. Brilliant!

This is the same board that didn't want a repentant Vick after doing his time, for his crime, still in his prime. But did anyone ever tell you that Fitz wore a wedding ring while playing? That was worth 4 more years of drought, minimum. 

On 1/29/2022 at 12:47 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

They talked last year, I think he ultimately retires but if Gronk wanted a cheap home coming I’d be for it.

He’s a TE2 upgrade for sure.

Absolutely. He can still play. Even if he’s 70% of what he used to be he’d be great in the red zone and for the running game.

I absolutely could not care less about his salary (nor should any of us since professionals can handle that) or what he did to White. It’s football. Emotions run high.

20 minutes ago, benderbender said:

This is the same board that didn't want a repentant Vick after doing his time, for his crime, still in his prime. But did anyone ever tell you that Fitz wore a wedding ring while playing? That was worth 4 more years of drought, minimum. 

What kind of A hole wouldn't want to cheer for a guy that repeatedly tortured pets to death and financed a dog fighting ring!  After all, he appologized after going to jail and running out of money!  Bunch of snowflakes I tell ya! 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Why is this a "newsflash"?    

Gronk put up 802 yards at 14.6 yards per reception and 6 TD in 2021..........those are huge numbers would be all-time kinda' numbers for a Bills TE.

If they release Cole Beasley, who put up a punchless 692 yards on 8.5 ypr and 1 TD..............they save $6.1M.

Roll a couple million of Gronk's $7M into a voidable 2023(like Sanders and Addison this year) and it's a net savings on this years cap to get a player who gives you MUCH more explosiveness in the passing game and an elite blocker in the run game..........and TE is a position where they have ZERO depth.

Yeah but just a 66.8% catch percentage (and actually, he's only had 2 seasons above 70%).

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Please quit your Bills fandom if a local kid who has gone on to become the greatest football player ever produced by the area..........a HOF'er and legit "best of all time at his position" discussion player...........comes back to play for the Bills.  :lol: 

I'm really not sure if there is anything left to discuss. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, stuvian said:

sleeping with the enemy causes bedsores

Inaction causes bedsores.    

What you got was something different. 😉

When Ted Washington was making the Patriots run defense impenetrable or when Stephon Gilmore was the NFLDPOY do you think Patriots fans were conflicted by their presence,  being former opponents?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.