Do we now become a “goto” destination for free agents.

billvernsays

24 minutes ago, billvernsays said:

Looks at the Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay.  They all basically get super he’s to sign with their teams in the offseason because certain players want to win. 

Does Buffalo join the party where FAs will take less to play with Josh Allen? 

We have in some ways, but here's still the problem....if you are a veteran looking to sign a cap friendly deal with a competitor for a chance at a ring and both KC and Buffalo come knocking who are you picking?

I think you know the answer unfortunately.

For wide-receivers maybe....

Maybe we can get a guy that really wants a Super Bowl, but FAs will generally go to who pays 5hem the most. 

Maybe we will do good with some one year deals?

I expect the Bills to more or less be built by 5he draft now. We don't have much money and I don't see much money becoming available. This year could be the first year that we lose players. Players like: McKenzie, Wallace, Bates and Harrison P. We will start to get compensatory picks every year....We HAVE to the best at both drafting and developing top-shelf talent. Maybe the Bills surprise and gets a vet that really wants to come. Maybe both Josh and Stephon can recruit some talent?

Dont forget, UDFAs make it all the time in the NFL and those two extra low picks this year are like gold to us, imho.... much better than a UDFA a sixth rounder can really help. Honestly, I'd feel better about drafting our talent if Epenesa, Groot and Boogie showed more raw flashes.... We ABSOLUTELY NEED those three to really rise up next season and have all three beat out their draft position. IDK? Can these defensive coaches develop some talent?

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

Yes, no, maybe. I would say that’s a big yes though for WRs/TEs/RBs that want to sign on for a 1 year prove it deal.

I have this funny feeling that if Brady retires, Gronk is going to play one season in Buffalo. Gronk will help bring SB victory to Buffalo and cement his legacy

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

Looks at the Chiefs, Rams, Tampa Bay.  They all basically get super he’s to sign with their teams in the offseason because certain players want to win. 

Skilled offensive players maybe

1 hour ago, billvernsays said:

We already were...Sanders specifically said he wanted to play with Allen

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I have this funny feeling that if Brady retires, Gronk is going to play one season in Buffalo. Gronk will help bring SB victory to Buffalo and cement his legacy

Interesting.  I might run with this idea.

One of the top destinations, without doubt.  Yes, the weather sucks and it’s not a big city market but it’s a team ready to win it all.

They would be coming to Bills Mafia, the best fan base in the world.

They would be coming to a team ready to win the Super Bowl.

They would be coming to a team that is a brotherhood.

If you are a receiving weapon, and they did a little research they would see - Being a receiver with Josh Allen = Best year ever.

They have Josh Allen, he is the main reason to join.

Buffalo needs get aggressive this off season and do what it takes to get another playmaker and someone who can get to the passer on a consistent basis.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

It's sounding more like Brady will hang em up. Gronk said before signing in Tampa that Buffalo was a possibility. Gronk knows that Buffalo is on the cusp of winning a SB. He sees that they have a SB winning QB. He sees that TE is a need for the team. In 3-5 weeks he will decide rather he will retire. I feel like he will play one more season with his hometown team and help win SB. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m sure 

5 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

It's sounding more like Brady will hang em up. Gronk said before signing in Tampa that Buffalo was a possibility. Gronk knows that Buffalo is on the cusp of winning a SB. He sees that they have a SB winning QB. He sees that TE is a need for the team. In 3-5 weeks he will decide rather he will retire. I feel like he will play one more season with his hometown team and help win SB. 

That would be an interesting reunion he’d have with Tre…

6 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Prodigal son returns.  I saw Gronk walking at Mohegan Sun.  I yelled "Gronk, go home, play in front of your family.  The Bills were your favorite team growing up.  We forgive you.  Go home Gronk"!  Gronk was laughing

• Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

The "Gronk Apology Tour". A SB win heals all wounds!! 

would Gronk be content being TE2? Let’s be real Knox isn’t losing TE1 after the year he just had. Gronk is older and slower, not to mention his durability is still an issue. Do we spend money on Gronk knowing he may not be available when we need him, or use those funds elsewhere?

Edited by KingBoots8

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

would Gronk be content being TE2? Let’s be real Knox isn’t losing TE1 after the test the just had. Gronk is older and slower, not to mention his durability is still an issue. Do we spend money on Gronk knowing he may not be available when we need him, or use those funds elsewhere?

Yes and yes. He will see a lot of time as TE2. Can you imagine the offensive playbook with Gronk and Knox? Knox can go back to being the H back. Him being on the field less will help with his durability. Gronk showed that he's still an impact player. Money on him will be well spent

• Like (+1) 1

Between FA and the draft I would like to see Bills add:

RB- speed, can run wheel route- Breece in 2nd?

Speed WR3- speed over the top.  Diggs, Gabe, and stud speed WR would be very nice.  Jameson Williams?  Great value at 25

TE1B- two TE sets for Josh could be nightmares for opposing D-Gronk would be perfectCB

IOL-get nastier.  Tyler Linderbaum?  If he is there, he will be pick IMO

Edge-pass rush

Big Nickel-can cover Kelse or WR

NT- control line of scrimmage

CB-speed to keep with Hill.  The odds on favorite for 1st round pick currently IMO

KR- devote roster spot if you have to.  WR/KR would be great!

P- Matt Araiza - Ive been banging the table for us to overdraft him

Im guessing our first round pick, if we don't trade back which is strong possibility IMO, will be either CB, Edge, Big Nickel, WR, or IOL.  Right now Im guessing one of those 5 is our 1st round pick.  Im guessing CB if Linderbaum is not available.  Jameson Williams gets strong consideration IMO

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billvernsays said:

Yes....and no.

First off, there are players out there that prioritize winning and culture. There are guys that want to win a ring more than anything. They may have interest. 

However, them taking a lot less to play here may not happen. Players when signing here are already losing a ton due to the high state tax. So by signing for less and then being taxed high it's almost like a double pay cut. A opposed to some places that have low or no state tax and they see more of their contract dollars.

23 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

would Gronk be content being TE2? Let’s be real Knox isn’t losing TE1 after the year he just had. Gronk is older and slower, not to mention his durability is still an issue. Do we spend money on Gronk knowing he may not be available when we need him, or use those funds elsewhere?

Lol.  Even at the tail end of his career Gonk would be TE1 if Knox was his competition.  And it’s really not that close. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

Between FA and the draft I would like to see Bills add:

RB- speed, can run wheel route- Breece in 2nd?

Speed WR3- speed over the top.  Diggs, Gabe, and stud speed WR would be very nice.  Jameson Williams?  Great value at 25

TE1B- two TE sets for Josh could be nightmares for opposing D-Gronk would be perfectCB

IOL-get nastier.  Tyler Linderbaum?  If he is there, he will be pick IMO

Edge-pass rush

Big Nickel-can cover Kelse or WR

NT- control line of scrimmage

CB-speed to keep with Hill.  The odds on favorite for 1st round pick currently IMO

KR- devote roster spot if you have to.  WR/KR would be great!

P- Matt Araiza - Ive been banging the table for us to overdraft him

Im guessing our first round pick, if we don't trade back which is strong possibility IMO, will be either CB, Edge, Big Nickel, WR, or IOL.  Right now Im guessing one of those 5 is our 1st round pick.  Im guessing CB if Linderbaum is not available.  Jameson Williams gets strong consideration IMO

Pete, you can join me in the War Room anytime!! I'm on the same page. Breece Hall and Matt Araiza in some round please

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think maybe guys in situations like Jerick McKinnon was last year. Signed a 1 year prove it, vet minimum deal, and now he is coming out smelling like roses because Mahomes and the rest of that team made him look good. 

BTW that is the type of player that would open up the offense even more. A guy who can run it between the tackles, but is also a really good receiver. Cordarrelle Patterson, McKinnon, JD McKissic (for real this time), perhaps a blazing Raheem Mostert coming off an injury. 

Increase team speed and flexibility. 

@Pete, I'm afraid that we will have to take Breece at 25. I'd go Metchie in 2nd. If the Bills could get Gronk, can you imagine a set with Davis, Diggs, Gronk, Metchie, Knox at H back and Breece in the backfield? The playaction game would be out of this world!! You can get a center like Dohnovan West, Alec Lindstrom or Nick Ford later in the draft. 

Edited by Solomon Grundy

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@Pete, I'm afraid that we will have to take Breece at 25. I'd go Metchie in 2nd. If the Bills could get Gronk, can you imagine a set with Davis, Diggs, Gronk, Metchie, Knox at H back and Breece in the backfield? The playaction game would be out of this world!! 

Beane has lots of chips and will be active IMO.  Im guessing, especially if Linderbaum and Williams are gone, that we trade back.  25 is a good spot for action.  Im guessing Beane trades back, and perhaps drafts Breece with our first selection, but acquiring more 2nd, 3rd-5th round picks, trading up, after trading back

• Thank you (+1) 1

Players that want to win will certainly want to play with Allen, or QB's that are upper-tier. However, will the Bills organization take the route of say, the Steelers and build mostly from within and not make any big splash acquisitions?

I think Beane will do what's necessary to put this team over the top. It will be an interesting off-season.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Beane has lots of chips and will be active IMO.  Im guessing, especially if Linderbaum and Williams are gone, that we trade back.  25 is a good spot for action.  Im guessing Beane trades back, and perhaps drafts Breece with our first selection, but acquiring more 2nd, 3rd-5th round picks, trading up, after trading back

Have to get Breece before Dolphins pick in 2nd though. He'll help them tremendously. Hopefully trade with Lions. Lions get their QB at 25

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

You know....why not? If Gronk wants to be seen as a hometown hero in Buffalo, play one year here and make up for bad karma. Allen is the man. Good enough for Gronk.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.