Buffalo vs New England Wildcard Game: 8:15 PM Saturday Night

transplantbillsfan

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe that's for home games, with away games you have to make the flight?

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I always thought covid activations could take place the day of the game but I’ll trust Sal

Sal is way ahead of youse guys

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Big 10 QBs might get close but even the big 10 won’t schedule night games past October 

I think the whole QBs that haven't experienced cold before thing is over rated.  The guy recognized as one of the great cold weather QBs, Bart Starr, was born and raised in Alabama and played for the Crimson Tide.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe that's for home games, with away games you have to make the flight?

I believe they make them  fly in separately, happened with Big Ben earlier this season. But might have still been activated the day before 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I rewatched the first game vs the Pats last night and holy smokes....Josh put some dimes right into our WR's/TE's chests that were dropped.  If they had come down with any of those that final score outcome is significantly different.  That game could have easily been a 2 score victory in our favor.  Also the faux delayed game penalty on the drive we were moving the ball into the wind.  Could of, should of, would of.  We lost I get it.  But that game Josh looked like a super hero and unfortunately the story was written differently.  Similar in my opinion to last year when Josh drove us down vs the Cardinals and threw a TD to win that game.  Then our defense blew a hail Mary and all anyone will remember from that game is how we lost.  not the fact that Josh had an impressive come from behind drive.

I would never say I am overconfident about a win but I feel like our team has found itself and they will do whatever it takes to win this game.  I feel really good about tomorrow night.  That being said not much sleep for me.  It is like Christmas Eve.   Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

5 hours ago, driddles said:

The 5 coldest games in NFL history have all been fairly low scoring games with only 1 team winning by more than 7 points.  I'm not sure either team is blowing the other team out.

Raiders vs. Browns (Jan. 4, 1981): -4 degrees final score 14 - 12
Giants vs. Packers (Jan. 20, 2008): -4 degrees final score 23 - 20

Seahawks vs. Vikings (Jan. 10, 2016): -6 degrees final score 10 - 9

Chargers vs. Bengals (Jan. 10, 1982): -9 degrees final score 27 - 7 

Cowboys vs. Packers (Dec. 31, 1967): -13 degrees final score 21 - 17 

Not one game hit the current over for tomorrow, 43.5 

but Josh Allen wasn’t playing in any of those games.  Betting the over Josh Allen Hello GIF by Buffalo Bills

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, driddles said:

The 5 coldest games in NFL history have all been fairly low scoring games with only 1 team winning by more than 7 points.  I'm not sure either team is blowing the other team out.

Raiders vs. Browns (Jan. 4, 1981): -4 degrees final score 14 - 12
Giants vs. Packers (Jan. 20, 2008): -4 degrees final score 23 - 20

Seahawks vs. Vikings (Jan. 10, 2016): -6 degrees final score 10 - 9

Chargers vs. Bengals (Jan. 10, 1982): -9 degrees final score 27 - 7 

Cowboys vs. Packers (Dec. 31, 1967): -13 degrees final score 21 - 17 

That Chargers/Bengals championship game is slightly before my time but I've watched bits of it on YouTube and it looks absolutely brutal out there. If the Bills weren't playing in this game I'd be much more happy about it. Love the games in extreme weather, especially in the playoffs.

Remember the fog bowl? Couldn't see a thing but it was so much fun!

32 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not one game hit the current over for tomorrow, 43.5 but Josh Allen wasn’t playing in any of those games.  Betting the over 

Yes, but Diggs did play in the Seahawks Vikings freezing game - 4 rec for 26 yards.  

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I think the whole QBs that haven't experienced cold before thing is over rated.  The guy recognized as one of the great cold weather QBs, Bart Starr, was born and raised in Alabama and played for the Crimson Tide.

Bart Starr had many years to acclimate. If you’ve never experienced it, nothing can prepare you for the slap in the face initially. There’s cold and then there’s dangerously cold. 

Where else would you rather be?

Someone had to say it.  Or maybe they have a few times, but I'll repeat it.

31 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

What player being out would have the biggest impact ?

Mills

Wynn

Barmore

In order:  Barmore, Mills, Wynn.

But each is a pretty big deal. I think Barmore is the biggest disruptor on the line, and out of the 3, the most difficult to replace.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Watching the pat mcafee show. Ripping on the mafia for having so many seats still for sale and for some cheap. Calling those living locally out.  

Looking at resale tickets is the stupidest thing to do

71,000 were sold by the bills and people are just waiting to gobble them up at the lowest price

Theres going to be at least 65,000 people there... Anybody who's ripping them based on the resale market is a tool

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

But each is a pretty big deal. I think Barmore is the biggest disruptor on the line, and out of the 3, the most difficult to replace.

I agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Looking at resale tickets is the stupidest thing to do

71,000 were sold by the bills and people are just waiting to gobble them up at the lowest price

Theres going to be at least 65,000 people there... Anybody who's ripping them based on the resale market is a tool

Lots of tools in this world 

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

So I assume he is going to be sitting in the stands?

Over my head I suppose …..why would a non bill or Pat fan pay for a flight and sit in that cold weather?

• Agree 1

Just now, Scott7975 said:

My point is its easy to bash Bills fans for not braving dangerous weather when neither are they.

I don’t see how those things are remotely related.  A talk show host based in Indy called out the most dedicated and popular fan base in the league for having tickets to the first full stadium home playoff game in 25+ years on sale for $20.  Bills mafia is a beast within itself.  If this was happening at a rivals first full capacity playoff game in 25 years, I’d be laughing at them. 

Sure, people will eventually buy them, but they can wait for the lowest price because there are so many available. None of the other playoff games are even close to as low as ours. 

not sure why he would have to buy a flight, hotel and tickets in order to be allowed to make that comment.  Not sure how this makes any sense at all.  

for the record, I don’t care if the locals go or not.  It’s cold.  You can get sick and even potentially die in those conditions.  I get it.  If I were closer, I’d be there.  I just don’t like media talking junk about the fan base.  They can talk junk on the bills all they want.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t see how those things are remotely related.  A talk show host based in Indy called out the most dedicated and popular fan base in the league for having tickets to the first full stadium home playoff game in 25+ years on sale for $20.  Bills mafia is a beast within itself.  If this was happening at a rivals first full capacity playoff game in 25 years, I’d be laughing at them. 

Sure, people will eventually buy them, but they can wait for the lowest price because there are so many available. None of the other playoff games are even close to as low as ours. 

not sure why he would have to buy a flight, hotel and tickets in order to be allowed to make that comment.  Not sure how this makes any sense at all.  

for the record, I don’t care if the locals go or not.  It’s cold.  You can get sick and even potentially die in those conditions.  I get it.  If I were closer, I’d be there.  I just don’t like media talking junk about the fan base.  They can talk junk on the bills all they want.  

Let me try to make it simpler for you... it's easy to call someone out for not doing something when you yourself have not done it either yet don't have to face the music for it.

The weather is dangerously cold.  This is the type of weather that could kill people like me. Honestly only an idiot would want to sit out in this crap.  I'm not even saying that as a dome advocate.  I'm saying that because it's dangerous.  I'm sure people would love to be there and or bring their family.  They can't because it's not the right thing to do.  People too old can't tolerate this weather.  Kids too young can't tolerate this weather.  People with medical conditions can't tolerate this weather.  To criticize a fan base while sitting in a nice cushy climate controlled room is asinine.  It's that simple.

You think if the weather wasn't this bad that people wouldn't be selling tickets in the hundreds of dollars?  Your example of other teams are not playing in this crap in the middle of the night.

• Vomit 1

6 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Lol Pats fans don't fly to Buffalo, they drive.  

Yeah……because every pat fan lives in Mass.  not to mention every Pat fan that lives in that area are willing to drive 6-9 hours.  

My wife and I fly to LA from Vegas twice a year.  Some people are willing to spend money in order to enjoy an extra 8-16 hours of their lives.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Watching the pat mcafee show. Ripping on the mafia for having so many seats still for sale and for some cheap. Calling those living locally out.  

There's just as many seats available on the resale market in KC starting at 60 bucks. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Let me try to make it simpler for you... it's easy to call someone out for not doing something when you yourself have not done it either yet don't have to face the music for it.

The weather is dangerously cold.  This is the type of weather that could kill people like me. Honestly only an idiot would want to sit out in this crap.  I'm not even saying that as a dome advocate.  I'm saying that because it's dangerous.  I'm sure people would love to be there and or bring their family.  They can't because it's not the right thing to do.  People too old can't tolerate this weather.  Kids too young can't tolerate this weather.  People with medical conditions can't tolerate this weather.  To criticize a fan base while sitting in a nice cushy climate controlled room is asinine.  It's that simple.

You think if the weather wasn't this bad that people wouldn't be selling tickets in the hundreds of dollars?  Your example of other teams are not playing in this crap in the middle of the night.

A more applicable question would be to ask if he had ever been to a game in freezing temps before as a fan……. There’s no reason for him to go to this game. It’s just a ridic statement. Agree to disagree. 

Tickets would be selling for the 100s if the weather was much nicer, I agree.  He was just expecting more out of the most rabid fan base on the planet.  

5 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There's just as many seats available on the resale market in KC starting at 60 bucks. 

Call the Pat mcafee show and let them know

4 hours ago, No Cease Fires said:

Burleson is not a Bills hater. Just because someone picks the other team doesn't make them a hater. We need to grow thicker skin.

True.  He's just dumb.

30 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think Barmore will play but not sure how effective he will be

If he does, the Bills' OL need to twist that knee.

• Like (+1) 1

I feel pretty good about this game. However, the National radio shows all seem to be leaning towards the Patriots. Talking about the weather and how Allen plays poorly in cold  weather games, the line play of the Pats vs Belo, and others still don't believe in the Bills run game. I think they are all wrong. I think Allen plays very well, the Bill's D shuts down the Pats run game, and noodle arm throws a couple of ints. 

• Like (+1) 1

My son made a last minute decision today to fly up from NC for game - just got text said first flight is full of happy Bills fans.  My daughter who is in Philly right now decided to join him when she found out he was going - she just txted, said her (Philly) Uber driver to airport was psyched she was going to game.  They got lower bowl 40 yd line 25 rows up 120 apiece I think (Ticketmaster)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

Chiefs fan here. I'm surprised by the low ticket prices but far from shocked. There's lots of reasons why demand hasn't been what we all expected.

Most obvious: People are getting COVID! The 7-day average in Erie County is 2500 cases. We can be certain the real number is probably closer to 5x-10x higher. Every day this week there are probably 500 would-be attendees who are testing positive and therefore can't go or won't go. I'm traveling to KC this week for the playoff game as I do every year, and one of our group members just tested positive. There's lots of groups out there—two people or four people—who probably have a member test positive and then scrap their plans. Or they can't get on the same page due to disagreements over COVID or COVID protocol. One guy's wife doesn't want him to attend because he might infect the kids. One guy's usual companion at games doesn't want to wear a mask in the car ride over. One guy doesn't want to go because he'll get called "selfish" and "irresponsible" by the mother-in-law. On and on and on. Now throw in the freezing cold. Now throw in the fact that the nosebleeds at stadiums like Highmark are terrible. People forget this: Buffalo and KC, two of the smallest markets in the NFL, have stadiums with capacities of 71k and 76k respectively. The new stadiums in LA, San Francisco and Atlanta all have less by comparison. KC has endured some of the most expensive home games in recent memory—vs GB, vs Dallas, vs Pitt, in addition to expensive home games in primetime—and now they could play two, possibly three home playoff games, each round getting more expensive than the next. Every seat in the upper level is sold this week. I have no idea how. KC, much like Buffalo, isn't exactly an economic hotbed. And oh by the way: Almost every Bills seat is sold. We're discussing re-sales here. And not re-sales in the lower sections, which are still priced competitively by typical standards. We're discussing re-sales in the upper levels among people who are looking for bargains and happy to wait for one. 

Anyway, good luck this week and we hope to welcome you to the LOUDEST outdoor stadium in the NFL next week! 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bigvinny said:

What player being out would have the biggest impact ?

Mills

Wynn

Barmore

1 hour ago, Success said:

Interesting, he's a great player, but I would have ranked them as Mills, Wynn, and then Barmore last. I just think the Patriots lack CB depth with Jonathan Jones already out and now Mills too. Instead of Myles Bryant being the only weak link in our previous matchups, now it's almost like JC Jackson and Devin McCourty are the only strong pieces left in that secondary with Dugger being banged up and NE missing two of their top three CBs. I love the matchups for our WRs.

Then Wynn as it either forces them to break up their vaunted right side (when they get into their six-lineman run sets) of Brown and Onwenu to switch Brown over to LT or they'll have to play Justin Herron there. He's not a bad player and has some starting experience, but either way it messes up their continuity in the run game which is the driving force behind their ability to score points. 

I'd have Barmore last only because I thought we did a pretty decent job limiting him in the first two contests (plus I think we've finally found our best O-line combo) and I think Barmore will still be limited from his injury. Can't imagine trying to play on a bum leg in those temperatures...everything's going to hurt a little extra. 

In any case, Mills and Wynn being declared out is significant. I expect Barmore to play, but not at 100%. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah……because every pat fan lives in Mass.  not to mention every Pat fan that lives in that area are willing to drive 6-9 hours.  

My wife and I fly to LA from Vegas twice a year.  Some people are willing to spend money in order to enjoy an extra 8-16 hours of their lives.  

Well most Pats fan are in NE, yes,  and airport wise not a lot of convenient flight options, they run charter busses for every bills pats games. People drive from NE to Cooperstown, Watkins Glen, Canada all the time. Your typical NE fan is driving to the game. 

Just now, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

Interesting, he's a great player, but I would have ranked them as Mills, Wynn, and then Barmore last. I just think the Patriots lack CB depth with Jonathan Jones already out and now Mills too. Instead of Myles Bryant being the only weak link in our previous matchups, now it's almost like JC Jackson and Devin McCourty are the only strong pieces left in that secondary with Dugger being banged up and NE missing two of their top three CBs. I love the matchups for our WRs.

Then Wynn as it either forces them to break up their vaunted right side (when they get into their six-lineman run sets) of Brown and Onwenu to switch Brown over to LT or they'll have to play Justin Herron there. He's not a bad player and has some starting experience, but either way it messes up their continuity in the run game which is the driving force behind their ability to score points. 

I'd have Barmore last only because I thought we did a pretty decent job limiting him in the first two contests (plus I think we've finally found our best O-line combo) and I think Barmore will still be limited from his injury. Can't imagine trying to play on a bum leg in those temperatures...everything's going to hurt a little extra. 

In any case, Mills and Wynn being declared out is significant. I expect Barmore to play, but not at 100%. Go Bills!

Dugger and Phillips are very good DBs, but I agree that losing mills really stresses them. Especially if they wanna play man. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.